• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

WE DID IT!!!!!

rosko

For those lucky enough to be home today, there is a replay on Fox 1 at 11:00  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: There is no way you could watch this game too many times..  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

dibo

they're showing the 90 minute highlights packages now - qld vs syd is at 7th min now.

mustapha_beer

dibo said:
they're showing the 90 minute highlights packages now - qld vs syd is at 7th min now.

For all the work I'm doing this week, I could have been at home watching Sasho running around, doing his best impersonation of a male stripper!

marconigirl

After loosing to Newcastle 2 weeks ago a Jets supporter offered me a Go Jets banner, I said yeah sure I'll take it and destroy it when Queensland beats the Jets... (a passer by said that I didn't have much confidence in my team, as I am assuming she thought I meant they would play in the GF.) Well I may be right... We got through to the GF and they didn't and now they will get slaughterd by Queensland.. I also had a dream on Sat night that we would play Queensland in the grand finals...   

Tez

hahaha - dnt care too much who we Vs in the Grand final, as long as we beat  them this time!
wouldnt mind QLD - but there will probly only be about 1 bay of supporters for them if they made it..
which would be a little disappointing being that its a Grand final - probly wouldnt sell out, but meh - bring on who ever!
THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!!

:pirashoot: :piralaugh: :pirashoot:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Ursus said:
"So one cannot have an opinion? Not 'everyone' tonight was brillant, we played better than that before (for instance that 2-0 victory over Adelaide)."

Yes you can have an opinion, but when you start to pick fault in what was the greatest team performance in three seasons, when everyone was on such an emotional high, be prepared to cop shit.

"I for one do not think that it was a fantastic performance from us - just a very good one, that could have been better, from the other games that I have been to and had the joy to witness with my own eyes. But I have supported this team fully from day one, and had full faith in our teamthat we could have (and we did!) beat Newcastle by three. Please don't jump on my opinion of a few players, although *maybe* I might have sounded a tad negative, which I was far from feeling."

You still do not seem to understand or be able to help yourself.

In words of one syllable: No one, this week, wants to hear anyone (mostly one syllable) put down anyone from last night's game.
We have been listening to knockers for the last few weeks, we do not want to hear any coming from within.
It was not just your criticism of Kwassi, that was the lightning rod. No one wants to hear Hutch was off, the defence had poor clearances, or that Aloisi was having another off night.

Last night everyone was brilliant, it was a team effort, we won 3-0, it was magnificent effort. Read all the other posts. It made up for the Sydney game, and really, really stuck it to the knockers and shafted the scum.

Comprendez.

Advice. Quit while you are behind.

You tell the miserable bugga...go get him  URSUS

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
soccersensei said:
Forget Mariners verse Adelaide as the cleanest and best performance by any team over the season up until that point or Mariners vs Bling - hailed as "the greatest game yet of the HAL" or the thrilling Major semi where the Mariners trounce Newcastle with a quality far beyond anything demonstrated by SFC or QLD, let alone the Jets, and still he just wants to lump shit on us. The guy is an absolute mongrel. A narcissistic vulture of a man! And he better hope he never sits in a room with my father... or me for that matter!!! I'll pin his ears back, butter his head and f**king swallow him whole!

:redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:

Hey Sensei you forgot to say that he is a infected zit on the arsehole of humanity.....but ya cant think of everything straight away hey?....give us a yell if ya dad gets a shot at foster, i'LL help hold him down

Andy

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Hey, did anybody see much of what happened when Hutcho got cautioned?

Were the newcastle supporters (Again) throwing stuff at the players?

Yeah, the ref was telling him to hurry up and take the throw in then the idiotic members of the Squadron started throwing coins at him. Hutch then walked up and picked them up, put them in his pocket, most likely to make a complaint afterwards. The ref took this as time wasting then booked him. Htuch then walked back and blew the Squadrunts a kiss haha!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Idiocy from Williams, but as for the clowns throwing shit - what are the FFA going to do about it?

They're been caught on TV before throwing stuff, was anything done then?

These morons have given the Squadron a reputation for throwing stuff at players.  I'm sure not even the majority of the Squadron condone that.

The Jets need to cop a big fine for this, it's the only way to stop it and encourage the fans to self-police. 

bobandbill

"So one cannot have an opinion? Not 'everyone' tonight was brillant, we played better than that before (for instance that 2-0 victory over Adelaide)."

Yes you can have an opinion, but when you start to pick fault in what was the greatest team performance in three seasons, when everyone was on such an emotional high, be prepared to cop shit.
Ah, I see, if I give a bit of critisim to our team, it doesn't count?  However, if my opinion is just praise praise praise, it's ok with you?
That's the vibe I'm getting from you. Especially as you've replyed to such posts as 'good' ones.
In hindsight, I may have made that post a bit too... negative sounding, as I had posted it more or less the moment I got back home. I too was on an emotional high, and my post may not have quite reflected that.
But why you should flame my post, call me a troll, and then assume that I hadn't gone to the game without asking or investigating why I thought so...I still don't get. Especially as this is a forum - a place of varying opinions. Just because mine was different to yours doesn't mean that it doesn't count. I may have no idea about football, and maybe my opinion IS rubbish, I don't know, but surely a simple psot saying 'I disagree with you, because of this, that and this', without the unnesserary accusations and with backing up wouldn't have hurt? I had said clearly that I though Kwasnik could have played better if his passing was more accurate - but you just dismissed the idea as rubbish. I'm not quite sure if you even read my post properly.
"I for one do not think that it was a fantastic performance from us - just a very good one, that could have been better, from the other games that I have been to and had the joy to witness with my own eyes. But I have supported this team fully from day one, and had full faith in our team that we could have (and we did!) beat Newcastle by three. Please don't jump on my opinion of a few players, although *maybe* I might have sounded a tad negative, which I was far from feeling."

You still do not seem to understand or be able to help yourself.
So... you misssed me saying that I thought that it was a 'very good performance'? Or must I have said that it was the best? I wasn't exactly going to let one attack my opinion without backing myself up - thought I did so there... how am I 'unable to help myself'? Right there, I said that I may have come off a bit negative, and that I thought our performance had been good... or did you expect me to lie down and throw my views on the match out of the window and have your views instead?
It was my OPINION, that we could have played better. Unfortunately, I don't have access to Fox, and with that access of the reply of the match, but if I did I'd have happily pointed out the instances where our players could have done better, and how.
In words of one syllable: No one, this week, wants to hear anyone (mostly one syllable) put down anyone from last night's game.
We have been listening to knockers for the last few weeks, we do not want to hear any coming from within.
It was not just your criticism of Kwassi, that was the lightning rod. No one wants to hear Hutch was off, the defence had poor clearances, or that Aloisi was having another off night.
Why not? Why can't someone simply say 'hey, I think that Kwasnik and Hutch didn't have that great a day'? My original post was mostly positives - have you ignored all of that? To clarify - I had NOT been 'knocking' - leastways, I consider the act of 'knocking' as putting down the team, ignoring all the positives and forcusing on the negatives, and psooibly saying 'mariners suck they could do such and such that's why they suck' after they won 3-0. I've supported the Mariners through thick and thin, and I had acknowledged that we had played well.
I've also been annoyed at the critisim of the Mariners that we've had - all the comments that we've been 'lucky' to win the primership and all, when we clearly deserved it. But I'm quite sure that I wasn't 'knocking' - unless saying that 'we played well, but IMHO it was not the best performance' is knocking.
Last night everyone was brilliant, it was a team effort, we won 3-0, it was magnificent effort. Read all the other posts. It made up for the Sydney game, and really, really stuck it to the knockers and shafted the scum.

Comprendez.

Advice. Quit while you are behind.

Oh, I had read the other posts, including some that had agreed with my post. Again, maybe I hadn't expressed how we had played well as a team, and tore Newcastle to bits, coming from an unlikely 2-0 deficit in incrediable style as much as I 'should' have, as I had been somewhat excited at the time. But not everyone has said that it was our best performance - and some other people have even (gasp) said that it wasn't Hutch's best game either.
I loved the performance, but was it the best, with every player doing the best that they every had? For me, no, but overall, we did pretty darn well. And that doesn't mean that they didn't put in a hell of a lot of effort.

If you want to continue this arguement, and tell me why YOU thought is was the best performance, and show me why I'm wrong, I'll happily read what you offer in PM's. But to ridicle my posts, ignoring the basis of what I said and telling me that I'm 'knocking' the Mariners... please don't make me have to read such things again. Hopefully we can just agree to disagree.

[/quote]

LFCMariners

soccersensei said:
My father is a kind gentle man, who loves Australian football with a passion,
and so he hates Foster just as much. Foster is all thats worst in football. Playing out his ego enraged agenda and sucking up to all things international because he lost his lime light to FOX. But for SHAME, ranking the minor premier team that comes out triumphant over a 21 game season as being in the lowest tier of his "style guide" and that it deserves to be a QLD Jets GF as Australian football needs for the sake of the world no less, to have its best football on display. MOTHER FUKKKKAAAAA!!!!!!

Forget Mariners verse Adelaide as the cleanest and best performance by any team over the season up until that point or Mariners vs Bling - hailed as "the greatest game yet of the HAL" or the thrilling Major semi where the Mariners trounce Newcastle with a quality far beyond anything demonstrated by SFC or QLD, let alone the Jets, and still he just wants to lump shit on us. The guy is an absolute mongrel. A narcissistic vulture of a man! And he better hope he never sits in a room with my father... or me for that matter!!! I'll pin his ears back, butter his head and f**king swallow him whole!

:redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:

I'm happy for people like him to bag our club all they want. The results on the field only make them look more and more idiotic. It's people like him who made me come up with my signature.

dibo

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Hey, did anybody see much of what happened when Hutcho got cautioned?

Were the newcastle supporters (Again) throwing stuff at the players?

yep. hutcho stops, picks up an object from the ground and tucks it in his sock (so as to show officials after the game i presume). williams comes over and cards him, and as he's walking away hutcho is calling out to him. he said something like 'oi - they hit me with f**king coins' and pulls it from his sock and shows williams. williams waves him away and tells him to get on with it. on 99:48 you can see hutcho tossing away a coin (it glints).

Jocwa08

3 seasons
2 grand finals to the mariners
1 5th place

Is melbourne the best team in the league ?? .... NO!
Is Sydney ?? .... NO!
Is Queensland ?? .... NO!
Is Perth ?? .... NO!
Is Adelaide ?? .... NO!
Is Nix ?? .... NO!
Is Jets ?? .... F*CK NO!
Are the Mariners ?? .... F*CK YEAH!

3 seasons 2 grand finals
We are the best team in australia
with the best supporters
and best coaching staff and
we will win the toilet us.