• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

WC qualifier China vs Australia in Kunming

P

Pete

marinersman said:
What's going on with Iraq? "Home" draw with China and a 2-0 loss to a very average Qatar.

Good result for us but a draw would have been slightly better.

Maybe the Asian Cup was a flash in the pan.

I think I read somewhere that the Iraqi coach quit after the Asian Cup. Can anyone confirm if it's still the same guy? I think he was touted for our team prior to Pim/Peter accepting the gig.

MattSimon

Another interesting result
Kuwait drew with Iran 2-2, fantastic reffing from our own Matty Breeze
Iran had led 2-0 by the fifth minute. Onya Breezy

northernspirit

Spud said:
marinersman said:
What's going on with Iraq? "Home" draw with China and a 2-0 loss to a very average Qatar.

Good result for us but a draw would have been slightly better.

Maybe the Asian Cup was a flash in the pan.

I think I read somewhere that the Iraqi coach quit after the Asian Cup. Can anyone confirm if it's still the same guy? I think he was touted for our team prior to Pim/Peter accepting the gig.
Jorge Viera was the Iraq coach who moved on and they have new coaching staff, not sure of the name - we shouldnt read too much into the qatar performance in melbourne, they were without some key players, and one of them was the brazilian who scored 2 goals against iraq yesterday... were in a good position but its by no means a shoe in

kevrenor

S

soccersensei

serious14 said:
Hopefully it's a flash in the pan regarding our shitness as well - yesterday was the first 'mature' performance I've seen from us in Asia.  Long may it continue.

Echoes with three cheers!
Re our playing level, all the prep and surrounding issues aside, with no strike force at all, it's very easy to miss all the positive qualities we showed, and a clinical execution of a game plan is something I atleast am very impressed and gladdened by in regards to our future. We showed understandbly little attacking flair, but so much composure. "Our first mature performance in Asia" perfectly put Messieur!  :tophat:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred