• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

Forum Phoenix

I’m very happy.

Bolt and NPL = glitz and grass roots.

Shaun’s comments were pitch perfect.

Well played.

I know everyone wants Mike to spend his money he says he doesn’t have, but I’d rather we find ways to make money we can definitely spend, like this.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

I’m very happy.

Bolt and NPL + glitz and grass roots.

Shaun’s comments were pitch perfect.

Well played.

I know everyone wants Mike to spend his money he says he doesn’t have, but I’d rather we find ways to make money we can definitely spend, like this.
How will it make us money?

Wombat

He will put bums on seats without doubt.....but if we are not going to assemble a decent squad at the expense of signing Bolt then it will just be a joke.

pjennings

He will put bums on seats without doubt.....but if we are not going to assemble a decent squad at the expense of signing Bolt then it will just be a joke.

Agree that it is a little pointless even if he is up to it. If we don't have a team that will keep people coming back then it will be a short term sugar hit. That said Bolt will be outside the cap so I don't think the decency or lack of decency of the squad will be at the expense of signing Bolt.

mick

Your kidding right ? No other club in the a league or probably any other league will get as much attention as this will tomorrow. Sponsors want exposure and the only way we could get more exposure is if at our opening home game Brisbane Water parts and God himself strolls into the stadium, and you know what he would be here for ? To watch Bolt play up front for the Mariners.

pjennings

We play "in the Sydney suburb of Gosford" :naughty:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/07/...-australias-central-coast-mariners/index.html

(But millions more know our name :pirashoot:)

Get ready for a tangential rant.

For all intents and purposes we are either part of Sydney or part of the Hunter as far as the State and Federal governments are concerned. We do not get regional or rural funding as Newcastle and Wollongong do. We get drip fed for some things from the Hunter area who concentrate on the Hunter and see us as not really there priority. Similarly in other areas we are seen as part of Sydney and again are seen as not a priority. CCM at least has brought more awareness to the lack of funding for the Coast to the various tiers of Government (though little has changed) but we are the largest urban area in Australia that does not get special funding.

End of rant

Forum Phoenix

- Increased gate/memberships - the reason we forfeited a marquee last season according to Shaun

Sugar hit? Maybe, but that hit would very likely mean at least the difference between making a couple hundred K instead of losing a couple hundred like last year. 400K differential. However that's only an extra 10K in attendees. A bit less modest, just an extra couple of thousand attendees per game across the season and surely achievable would translate to 520K extra

- Merch - won't be huge - but will surely have a significant impact on our sales

- Food and drink - not just at games but at 'events' the club will no doubt milk the hell out of

- But the real money is in the additional sponsorship, advertising and promotional opportunities - clearly massive potential

Even on the most basic level, I think shopping centres would pay to Have Bolt do signings there. Then there's other unlooked for bonuses like accomodation when we travel, who doesn't want Bolt staying at their hotel? Same goes for eateries etc.

Further opportunities lie in the massive potential growth and exposure of our brand. We've never had a better opportunity than this should he prove able to play football at this level. If he can't, we'll have spent nothing but gained a bunch of exposure and at least a few more sponsor $ no doubt.

Last edited:

Big Al

- Increased gate/memberships - the reason we forfeited a marquee last season according to Shaun

Sugar hit? Maybe, but that hit would very likely mean at least the difference between making a couple hundred K instead of losing a couple hundred like last year. 400K differential. However that's only an extra 10K in attendees. A bit less modest, just an extra couple of thousand attendees per game across the season and surely achievable would translate to 520K extra

- Merch - won't be huge - but will surely have a significant impact on our sales

- Food and drink - not just at games but at 'events' the club will no doubt milk the hell out of

- But the real money is in the additional sponsorship, advertising and promotional opportunities - clearly massive potential

Even on the most basic level, I think shopping centres would pay to Have Bolt do signings there. Then there's other unlooked for bonuses like accomodation when we travel, who doesn't want Bolt staying at their hotel? Same goes for eateries etc.

Further opportunities lie in the massive potential growth and exposure of our brand. We've never had a better opportunity than this should he prove able to play football at this level. If he can't, we'll have spent nothing but gained a bunch of exposure and at least a few more sponsor $ no doubt.
Increased gate & membership for what? Are we going to be able to buy a training membership?

Seriously while Bolt is keen to get a contract he is also aware of his commercial value. He won’t be getting exploited without being paid first. The figures for his wages are Honda numbers (rumoured of course) for a bloke who has never played.

Any commercial advantages are so expected breaking even would be a good result.

I’m sorry FP but I’m on the it’s an expensive circus team. Media views don’t pay the bills

If he was playing for our E League team then I could understand

Offsider

Your kidding right ? No other club in the a league or probably any other league will get as much attention as this will tomorrow. Sponsors want exposure and the only way we could get more exposure is if at our opening home game Brisbane Water parts and God himself strolls into the stadium, and you know what he would be here for ? To watch Bolt play up front for the Mariners.

I could lend him my unicorn and he could ride in in style ........... I’d even wash the wine stainsout of the saddle :tophat:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred