• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

UEFA Champions League, Round of 16

jarrad

Back on topic... <_<

If "god" plays, it will be either 1-0 Juve or 1-1 heading into the 2nd leg. Piero to score from a set piece no doubt.

It will be a low scoring game, 3 goals max in it. Goal difference of 0 to 1. You could put money on that...

ryan

0-0 at home is not a bad result for Inter given that Manure have to win the 2nd leg. Inter had their fair share of chances in the 2nd half and are in with a shot

tuftman

Narhbet said:
Good stuff.
I can really see Inter knocking the scum out too.
Welldone Arsenal, they needed that.
Can't wait to watch the Barca - Lyon game!
Though, looking at the scores you'd have to say Atleti - Porto = game of the day.

Can't wait fool 'Pool - Madrid!
Chelski - Juve should be good too.

Oh how I love the champions league, so much class!

Madrid looked a new team against Betis on the weekend but with a firing Torres, and captain fantastic back I think we can take this one out. Carra would need to keep Higuain and Raul out though. Alonso running the midfield, Kuyt whipping in "good" crosses for the head of Fernando... :)

Man u should have won. Giggs turned his man and should've passed across to Berba instead of shooting at Julio, 1-0 Manu and they'd be going into Trafford with a Major advantage.

Chelsea will be an interesting one, will they start playing like shite again only to be saved by Lampard... again, or has Guus completely changed this team into a team that doesn't have to rely on one man...? Though to be fair, without Frank it would've been 0-0 against Villa, he has been sensational this season and at the moment could be #1 contender for premier league player of the year.

Predictions for final 16 -

Inter > ManU (here's to hoping ;))
Atleti > Porto
Arsenal > Roma
Barcelona > Lyon
'Pool > Madrid
Chelsea > Juve
Valencia > (can't remember who they play...)
Can't remember the last game. I think sporting are in it :s

:D

Valencia arent in the Champions League ;)

its their regional rivals Villareal against Panathanaikos isnt it?

serious14

Atletico Madrid 2, Porto 2      Porto will be too strong at home and should get through.

Lyon 1, Barcelona 1      Yeah, Barca.  Comfortably.

Arsenal 1, Roma 0      Depends on how Arsenal decide to play.  I'm sure Roma can sneak a goal at home, but can they sneak two??  And if indeed Roma score, can Arsenal score away home??

Inter 0, Man U 0    Reasonably confident that Man U will score at home (Inter have a few injury problems with their defence at the moment) and the return of Vidic should see to the defence not being breached.

Chelsea 1, Juve 0    Taking into account Chelsea's away continental form this season, I can't see them keeping a clean sheet.  However, can Juve??  (possibly not, but I think they'll score enough to go through - Del Piero after all ;) )

Panathinaikos 1, Villareal 1    How the f*ck should I know??  I don't watch EVERY game of football y'know.  :p

Real Madrid 0, Liverpool 1    This will either end up in Liverpool being unusually adventurous and scoring early, OR 90 minutes of park the bus whilst Real hammer away at the Scouse goal.  I can see Liverpool sneaking through here however.

Sporting 0, Bayern 5    The closest bet possible to a sure thing.  Unsurprisingly, the TAB are not offering odds on whether Bayern will progress, just the match result and correct score.

FFC Mariner

Porto
Barca
Roma
Inter by away goals  - fancy Jose to get them up for this one
Juve (please please)
Who gives a shit
Liverpool
Ummmmmm Bayern?

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
Inter by away goals  - fancy Jose to get them up for this one

I can't deny the Jose factor, and I can't deny I'm not a bit nervous about this one, but I just think our defence will be too strong.  Zlatan to have another one of his famous 'big game bottler' efforts again.

Arabmariner

Atletico Madrid
Barcelona
Roma
Inter Milan....not scoring away will be your downfall serious.
Juventus
Villareal
Liverpool.....because they scored away  :p
Bayern.

serious14

FORZA JUVE!!!!    IAQUINTA!!!!!

1-0 Juve, 1-1 on aggregate.  Torres just scored for Liverpool as well (seriously, what is with them and Europe - unbelieveable), 1-0 on the night, 2-0 on aggregate.

P.S.  Some of the football in both games is just sex to the eyes...... nothing really beats a big European night.

serious14

_TERRIBLE_ handball penalty given against Heinze..... Gerrard steps up and slots it home.  2-0 on the night, 3-0 on aggregate.  Madrid are quite frankly, awful.

Bayern are up 2-0, make that 3-0..... nope, 3-1...... HAHAHAHA, now 4-1 against Sporting, 9-1 on aggregate.  Can Lisbon find a way back??  :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:

Juve/Chelsea remains at 1-1 on aggregate..... the atmosphere is positively immense.  And Essien just scored right on halftime, 2-1 on aggregate to Chel$ki.    P.S.  Did Anelka ever play in Italy??  The Juve fans are _hounding_ him any time he goes near the ball.

dibo

woke up late (no lectures today) only to remember that liverpool were playing this morning - SBS had finished up and were showing highlights (?) of sporting getting hammered and ESPN was on world's strongest man.

it was too soon for FSN so i stroll over to the guardian and could barely believe my eyes - 4:0 (5:0 agg). farkin hell. read the minute by minute and am now absolutely kicking myself.

sounds like liverpool were playing their traditional "i can't believe they're not bottling it, but then again it *is* a european knockout night" game...

oh well, ESPN will replay it today (while i really should be studying lagrangian constrained optimisation...).

jarrad

Tomorrow morning.

Inter Milan - Manchester United!

Can't wait for this, it was obvious that Caesar saved Inter last game from a major defeat. Will it be the same again? Will ManU again be entirely dominating Inter?

Prediction of 1-1
Ibrahimovic
Rooney

Inter just scraping past & into the last 8.

Bear

Narhbet said:
Inter just scraping past & into the last 8.

enter serious with his "na, your wrong, man u are awesome, we wont lose, your shit, iv never seen them play live, na they are awesome, your so wrong" ;)

Bear

and also follow that up with a "yeah, but, but you have never seen west ham play live either, but your missus has, and your shit, man u rock, im their biggest fan eva"

and my reply of

"james, you fail, i dont fap over a team iv never seen, you do, get over it bitch"

Yes it has been a long morning

FFC Mariner

Whilst tragic about Juve, Liverpool were bloody good value for their win.

1st 35/40 mins they tore Real a new one.

The penalty was 100% he moved his arm towards the ball - also lucky not to get a red straight afterwards.

Pressure now on the team from the home counties to get past Inter - will be v tough

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred