• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

UEFA Champions League, Round of 16

serious14

Some absolute crackers in here......

Chelsea v Juventus - Ranieri returns to the Bridge, fun for all
Villareal v Panathanikos
Sporting Lisbon v Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid v Porto
Lyon v Barcelona (if Lyon are up to it, this should be faptastic)
Real Madrid v Liverpool :eek:
Arsenal v Roma
Inter Milan v Man Utd :eek: :eek: - Jose comes back to Ingerlund!!!!

serious14

Jose-Mourinho-Alex-Ferguson-Champions-League-_1907128.jpg

If the pre-match sparring between the clubs' two managers is any guide, Manchester United's Champions League clash with Inter Milan should be a feisty, compelling encounter.

While some Fleet Street establishments have credited Sir Alex Ferguson as the victor of the press conferences yesterday, the general consensus is that Jose Mourinho gave as good as he got despite being handicapped by a unbalanced fixture list.

With Ferguson speaking four hours after Mourinho's own press conference, the Manchester United boss was able to enjoy the final word as he attempted to douse the most incendiary aspects of Mourinho's commentary - particularly his claim that United would "change" to blunt the Serie A league leaders.

Although the Inter Milan boss was not willing to repeat his ploy of 2005 when he named both the Chelsea and Barcelona teams in advance, Mourinho boldly confirmed the identity of his starting eleven and predicted that United would attempt to grind out a draw.

"I don't believe United are coming here to have fun. They are a great attacking team but I have watched them closely in Europe - starting with the goalless draw in Barcelona last season - and they have changed the way they play outside Old Trafford.

"I am not saying they are afraid. I know United don't like that word. I know Sir Alex doesn't like that word. But they respect us and they know they can lose and because of that they won't try the same approach in the Champions League. They don't come here to face us eye-to-eye and try to win at the San Siro. So they make changes and we don't change."

Ferguson declined to name his starting eleven, not least because of lingering injury concerns over John O'Shea and Jonny Evans, but his retort was trenchant: "Jose knows better than most that Manchester United do not often go into games not wanting to win. It will be the same out here."

Nor did he miss a shot at goal when a journalist quoted Mourinho's assertion that "They will change more than us" and "we will play 4-4-2."

"Obviously, I'm trying to think of how Inter could change and I can't come up with anything," the Scot responded. "We watched them on six occasions and they played the same way every single time."

Mourinho's Porto outfit knocked out United five years ago with a decisive last-minute goal at Old Trafford and that memory may have been a factor in his claim that this year's year tie would also go to the wire.

"Nothing will be decided tomorrow. After the game, we will all have the feeling that there is going to be another great game at Old Trafford.

"Probably come the last minute at Old Trafford, nobody knows who is going to go through. I am not expecting a result tomorrow that you can say it is done, that Manchester United or Inter have done it."

Ferguson, however, refused to play along.

"Well, I have to disagree with Jose there. I think it will be decided here. These days it's very important to take a goal back for the home leg. If we do that, we'll have a great chance."

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4966579,00.html

serious14

SBS, in their infinite wisdom are showing Arsenal/Roma tomorrow morning, and Chelsea/Juve on Thursday.  Despite Inter/Man U AND Lyon/Barca tomorrow, and Liverpool/Madrid on Thursday.

Internet it is for me then.  F*ck's sake, I remember when SBS was good.

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
What about ESPN? They have the filth and lolerpool matches on

Forza Juve

For those of you with Pay TV...... I think I'll end up streaming the Man U game from either Fox Soccer in the US or Sky/ITV in Ingerlund.

David Votoupal

Arsenal v Roma will either be a beautiful game or a desperate one. No Fabregas and Aquilani will take the sting out of it though.

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
or nick it for free from

http://www.iraqgoals.com/en/

Oh, my streamings are free - http://www.myp2p.eu - and they're done on a P2P basis (hence the address).  If you find the right stream, it often ends up being of a far higher quality than Iraqgoals.  It's good to have it as a fallback option though.

DV - it will end like every other Arsenal game...... it might look sexy, but no end product.

tuftman

David Votoupal said:
Arsenal v Roma will either be a beautiful game or a desperate one. No Fabregas and Aquilani will take the sting out of it though.

De Rossi is still a classy centre midfielder though, very capable of picking a side apart, and Matteo Brighi has had his breakthrough season, and will want to prove himself on the world stage. I hope for the sake of Special 1 TV, Arsenal get destroyed

bulldogmariner

The Referee in the Inter Milan v Man Utd match was the same guy we had in the Round of 16 match at the World Cup. He hasnt improved i think he is getting worse.

jarrad

Good stuff.
I can really see Inter knocking the scum out too.
Welldone Arsenal, they needed that.
Can't wait to watch the Barca - Lyon game!
Though, looking at the scores you'd have to say Atleti - Porto = game of the day.

Can't wait fool 'Pool - Madrid!
Chelski - Juve should be good too.

Oh how I love the champions league, so much class!

Madrid looked a new team against Betis on the weekend but with a firing Torres, and captain fantastic back I think we can take this one out. Carra would need to keep Higuain and Raul out though. Alonso running the midfield, Kuyt whipping in "good" crosses for the head of Fernando... :)

Man u should have won. Giggs turned his man and should've passed across to Berba instead of shooting at Julio, 1-0 Manu and they'd be going into Trafford with a Major advantage.

Chelsea will be an interesting one, will they start playing like shite again only to be saved by Lampard... again, or has Guus completely changed this team into a team that doesn't have to rely on one man...? Though to be fair, without Frank it would've been 0-0 against Villa, he has been sensational this season and at the moment could be #1 contender for premier league player of the year.

Predictions for final 16 -

Inter > ManU (here's to hoping ;))
Atleti > Porto
Arsenal > Roma
Barcelona > Lyon
'Pool > Madrid
Chelsea > Juve
Valencia > (can't remember who they play...)
Can't remember the last game. I think sporting are in it :s

:D

serious14

Narhbet said:
I can really see Inter knocking the scum out too.

Were you watching the same game as the rest of the football world that has already written that Man U head back to Trafford with a significant advantage (even without the goal) because they outplayed Inter for about 80% of the game??  Zlatan was his usual big game bottling self again, and their midfield was surprisingly lacking......

Chelsea/Juve - wonder if the Roma fans will stay back an extra day and have it out on the streets of West London with the Juve fans??  :p

jarrad

Haha serious, couldn't watch the game, had to go to school. I saw maybe 5 to 10 minutes, lol. Which was mainly Inter in posession. Though the only real attacking move was Giggs' 1 on 1. Recorded the game, will watch it this afternoon. I guess the prediction of Inter > Manu may be a tad prejudice ;)

Question, is Del Piero fit? Will he be playing against Guus' Blues? If so, that may change things...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred