• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

UEFA Champions League Final, Manchester United vs. FC Barcelona

FFC Mariner

Their ability to hold the ball in the 2nd half made me think it was on some invisible string, their ability to regain possession was awesome.

Cant imagine any side being able to cope with that TBH

serious14

Something quite interesting from redcafe.net:

"Our record against the big four this season has generally been poor. This was obvious long before Wednesday night. Guess what all our poor results in these games have in common with the CL cup-final?

The absence of Darren Fletcher.

In the games against big four opposition where we were able to field Fletcher we beat l'Arse twice in the CL semi, got a point at Stamford Bridge, thrashed Chelsea at Old Trafford and held out against Arsenal for the point we needed on the last day of the season (arguably a poor result but a very nervy day, were we clearly didn't push for all 3 points).

Without him, Liverpool beat us home and away and Arsenal beat us at the Emirates.

On the European stage, our only defeats all season came when Fletcher was stuck out on the wing (Zenit) or absent (Barca) Our best European performance all season (arguably in years) came with Fletcher at the heart of everything, in the San Siro."

How delightfully random.....

serious14

Where to now for Guardiola as well??  Try and pull off the quintuple??  (repeat this seasons efforts, and add the Club World Cup and Super Cup to the collection)

Honestly, what is there left for him to do??  And to be able to say that after one season.... ridiculous.  Sublime.  Amazing.

marinermick

serious14 said:
Where to now for Guardiola as well??  Try and pull off the quintuple??  (repeat this seasons efforts, and add the Club World Cup and Super Cup to the collection)

Honestly, what is there left for him to do??   And to be able to say that after one season.... ridiculous.  Sublime.  Amazing.

future spanish coach no doubt

and don't forget all this was done at 37 years of age

would still be good enough to play the holding role at the mariners!

tuftman

marinermick said:
serious14 said:

Honestly, what is there left for him to do??   And to be able to say that after one season.... ridiculous.  Sublime.  Amazing.

future spanish coach no doubt

and don't forget all this was done at 37 years of age

would still be good enough to play the holding role at the mariners!

Captain-Coach, would be awesome like.

I guess he can just aim to do a Fergie now, and win titles multiple times to stamp his authority as the best in the business. Whether he wants to leave Barca, who are seemingly his life, to coach his country will probably make headlines across Europe in the next few years after Del Bosque leaves

Arabmariner

He's too young to be a national team coach imo.

Nothing to do with ability just that young coaches tend to thrive on the day to day involvement at club level.He'd get bored and frustrated.

He should wait until he's about 60.

Off the top of my head I can't think of too many national team coaches who are young guys.

tuftman

Arabmariner said:

Nothing to do with ability just that young coaches tend to thrive on the day to day involvement at club level.He'd get bored and frustrated.

Off the top of my head I can't think of too many national team coaches who are young guys.

I dont think Joachim Low is to old, and neither was Klinsmann before him..but the norm seems to be older coaches..there about the only 2 I can think of

Arabmariner

tuftman said:
Arabmariner said:

I dont think Joachim Low is to old, and neither was Klinsmann before him..but the norm seems to be older coaches..there about the only 2 I can think of
How long was Low in charge ?

tuftman

Arabmariner said:
tuftman said:
Arabmariner said:

Has been since the 2006 World Cup I think?

Arabmariner

tuftman said:
Arabmariner said:
tuftman said:
Arabmariner said:

Has been since the 2006 World Cup I think?
Yeah he has and he was Klinsmanns assistant before that.He's only 49 but he's pretty experienced at club level.

FFC Mariner

Here I am at work just thinking about the last London club to win a European trophy.

Was it the Chavs? Was it Arsenal?

Now who won it one time??

serious14

Was it the mighty lads from SW6??

421px-UEFA_Intertoto_Cup_logo.svg.png

:eek:

Paolo

But who was the first london club to win a European trophy;)

Actually who was the first english club to win a European trophy

COYS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred