• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

UEFA Champions League Final, Manchester United vs. FC Barcelona

serious14

Righto lads and ladettes, I'm off.  I'll wave to you all when I get in to the stadium (please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease let this be true).  :p

All Glory to Man United etc.  ;D

serious14

Buonginorno all, I have arrived in Roma.

I gotta hand it to UEFA - they really know how to make something an "event".... there is advertising EVERYWHERE, they have guys dressed up as old school Roman soliders wandering around, they have got a "Final Festival" near the Colosseum, complete with the actual trophy sitting just about infront of it (makes for a great photo).

Said final festival is where you also find some shady looking characters you are all "wanna ticket" out the side of their mouths - best price I have found thus far is 400 Euro.  Gonna see if anyone at Fergie Fields tomorrow (and Wednesday for that matter) and just that little bit less suss can match or do better.

Rome itself is just as awesome as I remember.  You could never go hungry here, the sheer amount of choice and what-not is amazing.  ;D

Thousands upon thousands of both sets of fans all over the place as well.  There were even a few on both my flights on the way over.  Gotta love this game.

Ben

I am so jealous serious, hope you have lots of fun and somehow manage to get a ticket to the game for a reasonable price

ryan

Hopefully Barcelona will show just how good they are and wipe the floor with the Manc scum. Enjoy Serious

serious14

The day is finally here..... and yet I'm strangely calm - compared to last year when I was positively bricking it from about a week before kickoff. 

Spend the early evening at the Fergie Fields party (swung by the stadium on the way - _woooooooow_, that thing is EPIC), came back into the city at about 10pm to find a _massive_ gathering of both Barcelona and Manchester fans at the Trevi Fountain, playing impromptu football games with cans and just generally enjoying life.  Epic sing alongs had by all, and not a single moment of bitterness between anyone, what so ever.  For those of you who have been to Rome, just imagine the Fontana de Trevi all lit up and surrounded by thousands of football fans from all over singing Que Sera Sera as one - that alone was worth the trip.  Amazing.  ;D

Whatever the result may be, I can say that the best team will win, and that there is no shame in losing to a magnificent team like Barca.  I just hope that it is a game for the ages - this setting and the subsequent party that Rome has thrown deserves nothing less.

serious14

Just got back from a random adventure around town with some of the people staying in the hostel..... it appears the city wide booze ban in place as of about 4 hours ago isn't as airtight as the Polizia make it out to be - totally found a speakeasy type place downstairs underneath some random Piazza - consequently, I am slightly perhaps intoxicated.  But shhhhhhhhh.  ;)

Reds and Catalans _EVERYWHERE_, even at this time of night (Rome nightlife in most parts is surprisingly subdued - evidently the Church has some say in it).  And still, not the slightest hint of hostility.  Love it.  ;D

18 hours and counting....

serious14

Nup.  Not too fussed either way - I've got Fergie Fields and what-not if I don't get one, and if I do then that's the ultimate bonus.  I refuse to pay 1200 quid for a ticket to any football game ever (damn near twice my airfare ffs).

J

jiggles

Adz, will wall-o-vision be presenting the domination of Barca over Man U late this evening (well, the beers will start then anyway...)??

T

pokohontas said:
Adz, will wall-o-vision be presenting the domination of Barca over Man U late this evening (well, the beers will start then anyway...)??

Kick off is at 4.45am.....

tuftman

I've decided I'll go Manchester United, mostly because I consider them something like my 2nd EPL team(not a shade on my Rovers though :p) just hurry up and make it 4.45am!

snowroo

Love a bet on the football and support Man-U. I have to say I think Man-U will get a win based on current form but can see why the bookies are running it so close. Barca can fire directly after a bunch of bad games.

Ronaldo to score
Man-U to win

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred