• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

UEFA Champions League Final, Manchester United vs. FC Barcelona

happy

serious14 said:
Buonginorno all, I have arrived in Roma.

I gotta hand it to UEFA - they really know how to make something an "event".... there is advertising EVERYWHERE, they have guys dressed up as old school Roman soliders wandering around, they have got a "Final Festival" near the Colosseum, complete with the actual trophy sitting just about infront of it (makes for a great photo).

Said final festival is where you also find some shady looking characters you are all "wanna ticket" out the side of their mouths - best price I have found thus far is 400 Euro.  Gonna see if anyone at Fergie Fields tomorrow (and Wednesday for that matter) and just that little bit less suss can match or do better.

Rome itself is just as awesome as I remember.  You could never go hungry here, the sheer amount of choice and what-not is amazing.  ;D

Thousands upon thousands of both sets of fans all over the place as well.  There were even a few on both my flights on the way over.  Gotta love this game.

400 is quite a lot of a ticket but compared to what people are paying on ebay for that match this one is very cheap...

J

jiggles

Whoooooooooooooo the f**k are Man Uniiiiittteddd!!

Well, that was definatly worth waking up for. And now I'm late for work. Excellent.

serious14

Enjoyed the game with fellow Red Devils at Fergie Fields blah blah blah.  We had them in the first 9 minutes and let it go..... once Eto'o scored that was it.  Shattered, but really, it's Barca.  No shame at all.

More shaken than anything from being ambushed by Roma fans on the way home.  Knives and bricks - all we could do (about 20 of us and 50 of them) was group together, rip the flare that someone in the group had, throw it at them and leg it.  Barely got away, it was f*cked up.

:(

P.S.  Iniesta >>>>>>>> Messi.  F*cking sublime.

uptheguts

9 mins vs 90 + injury = You controled the game for 1/10??

Man U should have just stayed home if that was the best they could do....

serious14

As would I.  Hence I didn't watch it in a bar.  ;)

Ironically, I met quite a few people from Manchester who ended up paying _MORE_ than I did because they booked so late.  :eek:

Sacko

serious14 said:
As would I.  Hence I didn't watch it in a bar.  ;)

Ironically, I met quite a few people from Manchester who ended up paying _MORE_ than I did because they booked so late.  :eek:

I don't believe you - there just aren't any Manure fans who live in Manchester, unless of course they were Barca fans who lived in Manchester!

BTW - Glad you out run the Roma Ultras!

adz

Staff member
serious14 said:
Enjoyed the game with fellow Red Devils at Fergie Fields blah blah blah.  We had them in the first 9 minutes and let it go..... once Eto'o scored that was it.  Shattered, but really, it's Barca.  No shame at all.

More shaken than anything from being ambushed by Roma fans on the way home.  Knives and bricks - all we could do (about 20 of us and 50 of them) was group together, rip the flare that someone in the group had, throw it at them and leg it.  Barely got away, it was f*cked up.

u sure it wasn't the GSE?

frodo.jpg

J

jiggles

adz said:
serious14 said:

u sure it wasn't the GSE?

frodo.jpg

Even more zofl.
Like, the the point that all my work mates are looking at me weird (well, weirder)

Paolo

Disappointing effort from roma fans...being outrun by serious has gotta be tough on the old self esteem

T

brennan said:
T said:
He he, there goes Man U's dream of another double :D

kk, lets just ingnore the fact they won 3 titles this season...

Piddly little shit, and they didn't win the Premiership, Liverpool lost it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred