• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

UEFA Champions League Final, Manchester United vs. FC Barcelona

serious14

Cl2009_logo.png

roma_olimpico1.jpg
roma_olimpico2.jpg

Stadio Olimpico, Rome - 27th May 2009, 20.45 CET kickoff.  4.45am AEST on the 28th May.

Capacity - 72 689

Manchester-United.png

VS.

fc-barcelona.jpg

Right, first things first.  Who's going??  :p

serious14

Right, one return airfare to Rome booked.  ;D

Match ticket or not, I don't care.  After missing out last year because of Visa issues with Russia, I promised myself I wasn't ever going to miss out again.  To have the chance come around again so soon, and in my favourite city in the world...... well that's just something else. 

:eek:verhead: :vhappy:

mariners4ever

serious14 said:
Right, one return airfare to Rome booked.  ;D

Match ticket or not, I don't care.  After missing out last year because of Visa issues with Russia, I promised myself I wasn't ever going to miss out again.  To have the chance come around again so soon, and in my favourite city in the world...... well that's just something else. 

:eek:verhead: :vhappy:
:soapbox:
:eek: :mad: :( :'(  :fireup:
fark, i'm so bloody jealous,so you going to rome then going straight to england ??
have fun  :) ;D :D 8) :vhappy: :headbounce:  :thumbup: :tv:

clarence

serious14 said:
Nah, coming back here for one last fling.  :p

Are you leaving Australia permanently or for a long time, Serious? Sounds like it that's all.

WTF, you couldn't get into Russia! How did you accomplish that - they'll let Bin Laden in if he promises to behave.

serious14

clarence said:
serious14 said:

Are you leaving Australia permanently or for a long time, Serious? Sounds like it that's all.

WTF, you couldn't get into Russia! How did you accomplish that - they'll let Bin Laden in if he promises to behave.

Yeah, off to England for a while. 

Tried twice to get a Russian Visa ('cause I got into the next stage of ticket app. for the final) but got rejected for no good reason other than...... I don't quite know.

tuftman

serious14 said:

Shit

I mean awesome

serious14 said:
clarence said:
serious14 said:

Yeah, off to England for a while. 

Tried twice to get a Russian Visa ('cause I got into the next stage of ticket app. for the final) but got rejected for no good reason other than...... I don't quite know.

Conspiracy theory says that ROman Abramovich pulled strings to stop ManYoo supporters getting into the country :p

serious14

Teams anyone??

For Manchester United I'd be leaning towards the following, barring injuries:

------------------Van Der Sar-------------------
O'Shea--------Vidic--------Ferdinand--------Evra
Carrick-------------Anderson---------------Giggs
Ronaldo-------------Rooney-----------------Park

Anyone more educated than me on the matter wanna take a stab at Barca??

bjw

bjw
Van Der Sar
O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra
Carrick, Anderson, Giggs
Ronaldo
Berbatov, Rooney

tuftman

serious14 said:
Teams anyone??

I'm just guessing a little:

Valdes

Puyol                    Marquez                  Pique                    Sylvinho

Seydou Keita

Iniesta                    Xavi Hernandez

Messi                                                                                    Henry

Eto'o

I do know that Iniesta is racing to be fit, if he isn't I'd suspect youth product Sergio Busquest would slot into midfield. Abidal is suspended, and so is Alves I think? I heard or read that Yaya Toure is injured as well? so Barca arent really at full strength for this one, which is a shame

mariners4ever

tuftman said:
serious14 said:
Teams anyone??

I'm just guessing a little:

Valdes

Puyol                    Marquez                   Pique                     Sylvinho

Seydou Keita

Iniesta                     Xavi Hernandez

Messi                                                                                     Henry

Eto'o

I do know that Iniesta is racing to be fit, if he isn't I'd suspect youth product Sergio Busquest would slot into midfield. Abidal is suspended, and so is Alves I think? I heard or read that Yaya Toure is injured as well? so Barca arent really at full strength for this one, which is a shame

meh, they're beatable

serious14

I spoke to the Australian Embassy in Italy earlier today, they didn't have any specific advice (didn't really expect them to tbf) - they just referred me to any advice given by the Brits, Italians, and the respective clubs.  Areas of caution duly noted.

P.S.  10 000 ticketless fans??  No way, expect triple that from both sides.

FFC Mariner

Mate, stay with the bulk of the fans and dont wander around alone in colours and have a great time.

Mayor Gianni Alemanno said: "Rome welcomes the British fans with open arms and we look forward to celebrating this great sporting festival together."

i_lazio-roma.jpg

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
Mate, stay with the bulk of the fans and dont wander around alone in colours and have a great time.

Shall do chief.  Got the "to avoid" (official advice, etc.) areas marked out just in case, and everything else is sorted.  Now it's just a case of playing the waiting game (21 hours until flight departure).

Got some spare Euro put aside for any potential ticket obtaining as well..... the typical "it's half an hour until kickoff and I need to get rid of this ticket for whatever cost" type of scalper that you always run into.  It's worked for me before and it will work for me again.  ;D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred