• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Turbulence (then calm sailing, then turbulence) thread.

nebakke

I see the Chinese are now sponsoring the Portuguese second division. They tried to get a clause which said every team had to have a Chinese player
but have since backed down on it.

oqau7t.jpg

Still, if the Chinese are looking to invest in Australia to develop their own game I would have thought the Mariners would be idea with the COE.

That deal sounds down-right awful though.... Holy crap!
Imagine HAVING to find a qualified Chinese player as well as a qualified Chinese assistant coach...
I realise that the pool isn't likely to run out anytime soon but still... What if they simply can't find someone qualified, who's willing to play in Portugal!? - They could end up with some unusable sub-par player, paying him to the league can get its money.
And how do they decide the "top 10"? If it's based on the table, isn't it really just the same as saying "anyone who can contend, will need a Chinese player"?

VicMariner

Quotas are a dumb idea, if you're good enough you'll get in anyway. There is no shortcut to the top.

Like said before, our COE, systems in place, development path ways, experience, sporting culture and proximity to Asia should make us desirable to Chinese investment if they are taking a medium term view.

Gratis

With the plan we have in place combined with a salary cap I'd rather keep MC as majority owner but would accept investment.
Not keen to be taken over by anyone who cares not about the coast or the mariners spirit/ethos

FFC Mariner

Hmm

Dear Chinese, give us a huge chunk of cash and if you have a coach who can teach basic defending at under 11 level, you are in

Love
CCM

Timmah

Club has issued a formal complaint on comments made on Fox Sports... this just via email:

On behalf of our Members, players and staff the Central Coast Mariners have today issued a formal complaint to Fox Sports Australia and Football Federation Australia in regards to inappropriate comments against our Club and players following our most recent match against Western Sydney Wanderers.

The Mariners have been inundated with Members expressing their concerns and demanding that the Club takes appropriate steps to ensure that the integrity of the Mariners and its players are protected against unwarranted and totally unfounded comments.

This was also raised officially by the Club’s supporter groups who recently held meetings with Mariners Chairman, Mike Charlesworth.

We will be updating our Members on any formal response we receive from Fox Sports Australia or Football Federation Australia on the matter.

Any Member wishing to express their views are encouraged to contact the club via email on memberships@ccmariners.com.au so we can contact you directly to discuss your concerns.

Kind regards,

Central Coast Mariners

dibo

They've made a complaint, but there's no detail on what they're complaining about. For those of us at the game (like me) and not watching at home, it's a complete mystery. They could've done with explaining what was going on.

Timmah

I posted this video in the other thread. FWIW I'm not sure the club can afford to single out one comment or another. This is a prime example though...

MrCelery

I think we're being a little bit precious.

FOX has never been un-biased in it's reporting of general news, politics and sport.

I think we should just...

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Slater has a blood byast against us and shouldnt be anywhere near a microphone at Saucebottle Stadium...and its starting to sound like Mark Bosnich is frightened we may forget his stint because of Luis lobbing into town...I'm reading Sir Alex Fergusons auto biography he says Bosnich is one of the most un-proffesional players he'd ever met, Im starting to think he may have something

Forum Phoenix

Club should be standing up for itself, its players and its fans. Well done.

This whole season has felt a lot like a proxy war being waged by fox commentators on behalf of other friends/interests. Very least it comes off as several axes being grinded, unbalanced and quite simply, shit commentary.

Phone gate. Mass exodus. Players who bad mouth the coaches vision are dropped and thereby - being treated disgracefully.
Roys headbutt was bad - but he was hung and drawn well before the trial and Muscat received no scrutiny despite inciting the whole thing more than once... Anyway list is long.

At the very least these guys need a lesson in realising that kicking the smallest regional club does no one any favours. We are part of foxs product. Yet they repeatedly ignore the positives and talk up the negatives. We clearly bore them. We're small. None of their mates are here anymore. And now that our football is finally under performing...

Poor performances does not mean an open season where any and all criticisms are merited and justified.

Imo only common sense to realise this must be in some part damaging the clubs brand. Not helping fox. Its paying viewers - of which Im one. Certainly abysmal to listen to as a CCM fan.

Last edited:

nebakke

I think we're being a little bit precious.

FOX has never been un-biased in it's reporting of general news, politics and sport.

That's not really a good reason to let that stabs unanswered.
Rudan commits character assassination on our captain... Why should we let that stand unanswered? Why should we let them rave on without a right of reply.
My wife was watching the game from home this weekend. She ended up turning it off in disgust because of the commentators.
She's not a regular watcher on the tele or a follower on the online forums, she had no preconceived ideas of Fox bias in football and she was disgusted at the commentating... So it's not just amongst the die hards that it's been noticed...
And surely it can't be good for Fox either - in the long run

Big Al

Half time we didn't exist. Talked only about WSW, then said what's the luis lotto on when he comes on. Bozza now (not quoting but basically they are shit), Rudan then sort of said they are dangerous on counter and weren't that bad.

Full time: Bozza would have been an injustice if WSW didn't win they dominated. Speedy are you sure, did u watch second half was his tone, Rudan we were good had ascendency until Monty. Rudan was defending us to a reasonable standard before the Monty rant.

During game: Cockrill to Ned Zelic so what this Garcia is good for CCM, pause we will see he could pull a hammy in the first 10 minutes.

Zelic is the worst in my view. Can't stand him

It's also not really one thing it's just constant nit picking.

Good work by the club for listening to the fans and supporting us. Also they wouldn't write something if they didn't agree.

Look we are last and played dumb but not horrible football. We certainly deserve to be critasized but it's getting personal IMO

Wombat

Rudans comments were just stupid and then in trying to justify his original statement he just got sillier as he went on.

Maybe Bozza gave him some Toot before they went to air??

dibo

On SFCU someone said that Monty's challenge on Mehbratu reeked of desperation and was symbolic of a club that was a shambles at the moment.

I really got annoyed by that, because I really don't think we are a shambles at the moment. In fact, whilst results on the field aren't great, we're actually closer to a cohesive plan and direction than we've been for *years*. I don't think there's ever been a time when Mariners fans have had such reason for confidence in the future of the club.

Under Arnie we were winning but bleeding. We can at least see at the moment that there's a core of kids who are developing and whilst they're not winning they're fighting hard each week (contrast it with Newcastle for example...), the club's finances are coming back into balance and the owner's hired a CEO with half a brain and we're doing the basic stuff right again.

Seriously, I've not been as happy to be a Mariners fan in a long time.

localpom

That's not really a good reason to let that stabs unanswered.
Rudan commits character assassination on our captain... Why should we let that stand unanswered? Why should we let them rave on without a right of reply.
My wife was watching the game from home this weekend. She ended up turning it off in disgust because of the commentators.
She's not a regular watcher on the tele or a follower on the online forums, she had no preconceived ideas of Fox bias in football and she was disgusted at the commentating... So it's not just amongst the die hards that it's been noticed...
And surely it can't be good for Fox either - in the long run
To be honest i usually just turn down the volume when the so called pundits start talking. Doesn't make it right and think the club is doing the right thing in this instance.

Forum Phoenix

On SFCU someone said that Monty's challenge on Mehbratu reeked of desperation and was symbolic of a club that was a shambles at the moment.

I really got annoyed by that, because I really don't think we are a shambles at the moment. In fact, whilst results on the field aren't great, we're actually closer to a cohesive plan and direction than we've been for *years*. I don't think there's ever been a time when Mariners fans have had such reason for confidence in the future of the club.

Under Arnie we were winning but bleeding. We can at least see at the moment that there's a core of kids who are developing and whilst they're not winning they're fighting hard each week (contrast it with Newcastle for example...), the club's finances are coming back into balance and the owner's hired a CEO with half a brain and we're doing the basic stuff right again.

Seriously, I've not been as happy to be a Mariners fan in a long time.

Exactly. There is little doubt that this portrayal of us being a shambles by Fox pundits will at the least have contributed to that perception - all the "what on earth is going on there" rubbish.

Why can't we also can do a clean out without being a shambles... Like Ange... Or Poppa...

Why cant we investigate if someone is giving our game plans to Arnie?

Why cant we freeze out arrogant players who dissent - like every football club everywhere.

They deserve to be held accountable.

Shouldn't even be talking about this shit.
But going to be interesting to see what the Fox pundits say now...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred