• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Turbulence (then calm sailing, then turbulence) thread.

Pirate Pete

I was thinking we should all be careful what we say on here really.
In England the Blackpool owner successfully sued someone over what he wrote on a fans forum.

dibo

To be honest Zelic makes my blood boil, but just looked him up on wiki.

"Zelic was selected in Four Four Two magazine's Top 25 Australian Footballers of All-Time."

Words fail me!!
He was a fantastic player, but his ego let him down (walking out on the Socceroos when he was dropped for a match in 1999). We might have done better in the qualifying playoff for 2002 had he not had his head so far up his arse. Rumours at the time were that he was unwilling to play either for Farina or whilst Okon was in the side.

Capt. Awesome

I just watched Moss' preview for the round on the Fox website. He reviewed every game except CCMvWEL.

NOT EVEN A MENTION.

Is this Fox's response. To block CCM out of all promotion?

midfielder

So does this mean we now have both the SBS media team and the Fox media team wanting us out... add the PFA and FFA and you can feel the burn...

Yet when the COE opens they will all be their hoping to get their ego associated with it...

You gotta give it to former Socceroos in media gigs, they do have a high opinion of themselves ....

Pirate Pete

He was a fantastic player, but his ego let him down (walking out on the Socceroos when he was dropped for a match in 1999). We might have done better in the qualifying playoff for 2002 had he not had his head so far up his arse. Rumours at the time were that he was unwilling to play either for Farina or whilst Okon was in the side.

I seem to remember it wasn't all hunky dory when he left the Jets either. Didn't he muck them around alot over staying for another season.

sydmariner

So does this mean we now have both the SBS media team and the Fox media team wanting us out... add the PFA and FFA and you can feel the burn...

Yet when the COE opens they will all be their hoping to get their ego associated with it...

You gotta give it to former Socceroos in media gigs, they do have a high opinion of themselves ....
At least SBS has Zwaanswijk so it's not all bad.:)

nebakke

I just watched Moss' preview for the round on the Fox website. He reviewed every game except CCMvWEL.

NOT EVEN A MENTION.

That'd be a f*****g piss-weak response if it is...
I'd tend to expect though, that it might just be because it's Moss commenting dunno...

Gotta love how they don't even flinch though... "Aaaaand erh the next one is tomorrow, Brisbane up against Sydney FC" :D Poor 'nux, losing their coverage.

true believer

better still . how many people here have fox ? lots
if 100 turn off fox for a month with ccm fan attached with it . fox would shit
if a 1000 people threatened that . then fox buckle

nearlyyellow

meh! I don't and won't ever put my money into that bunch of corporate a*$#holes, bloody bandits. So the only glimpse I have had of their commentary team is from highlight packages and from YouTube links posted here. (I know, I know, they *are* a major sponsor of the FFA, but they will have to do it with other people's money, not mine)

midfielder

better still . how many people here have fox ? lots
if 100 turn off fox for a month with ccm fan attached with it . fox would shit
if a 1000 people threatened that . then fox buckle

I also liked the part when he suggested the A-League is shown in over 100 countries and needed an overall improvement in commentators and their were plenty of decent ones from the EPL well know internationally who could do a better job...

Love the idea of a fans protest a one month cancellation with the Mariner letter would have a big nay HUGEEEEE effect if it got even close to 1, 000 especially if sent via the CEO...

finally retired

I also liked the part when he suggested the A-League is shown in over 100 countries and needed an overall improvement in commentators and their were plenty of decent ones from the EPL well know internationally who could do a better job...

Love the idea of a fans protest a one month cancellation with the Mariner letter would have a big nay HUGEEEEE effect if it got even close to 1, 000 especially if sent via the CEO...

like nearlyyellow...I don't subscribe to Fox....so can't join this particular protest. but agree it would probably have an impact

true believer

we have over 6000 members . i'd imagine 50% are subscribers .
putt'n the hurt on poxtel wouldn't be hard and we haven't ask the face book kiddies
yet either .
if mike asks .
poxtels is off tomorrow

ps I pulled the poxtel wire out of my router.
because Im a paranoid twit :tinfoilhat::tinfoilhat:

Last edited:

Big Al

NOT EVEN A MENTION.

Ad for this weekend.
Massive games hype City v WSW 7pm then SFC v Roar tomorrow at 7.00
Like it was a massive double header.
Then every game live fox sports.
Just finished watching new ad for tomorrow only
SFC v Roar live Saturday every game live.

No mention of us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami