• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Turbulence (then calm sailing, then turbulence) thread.

Bex

Thanks for the feedback, CCMUnite. This is a fantastic initiative from the club and from the group of 12. I think it's going to take off; especially if the group is able to get some action from the club on some of the key points of discussion over the years and show a local presence (i.e. as you're mentioning with the foot soldiers and the march to the stadium, etc). We can debate these things all we like on a forum but without some form of action it's all hot air. Well done!

FFC Mariner

We have a new front of shirt sponsor in Masterfoods, was announced earlier in the week.

One thing I'd like to see the club do is some data analytics on ticketek purchases over the last 8 seasons (maybe we already do?)

I bet there are people who only go to "major" matches and pay the stupid commissions to Ticketek.

At membership time, a package of "major games" Scum,Sydney,WSW, NYE etc or even a build your own menu type offer.

Also the NSW derby package in conjunction with the lesser NSW clubs to bolt on local away trips wouldn't be too hard.

Exciting times hopefully.

dibo

NRL years ago started a thing where if you were a member of another club you could get $8 or so tickets to any other game, but might even have been games where your team isn't playing.

I go to SFC games pretty often (it's 20 minutes away and almost guaranteed LOLs) and it'd be great if there was a discount.

Mumbles

Value add!
Sydney are telecasting the Bris v Syd. W League game on the big screen before today's match.

Mariners could do the same with the youth league you would think. Video is the next best option to live.
Next season maybe. ;)

midfielder

Hi guys,

Just wanting to answer a few queries and questions regarding the supporters group set up.

The club called for volunteers who would like to be involved at the fan forum at Mingara many months ago..
They received around 12/14 people's names and hence the group was formed. We have met 3 times all with a representative from the club.

The last meeting involved Peter Turnbull and the idea of the group was received very positively from him.

The idea of the setting up of the group was to help, plain and simple. The club do not have the resources to do extensive market research or set up a marketing team to brain storm promotional ideas so hopefully this group can assist here.
The plan is for the group and fans to come up with ideas on how to help promote/grow the Mariners on the Coast.

Anyone can be involved in helping. Shortly the club will be calling for volunteers to send their details for times when the club need foot soldiers as it were to get things done. A few people volunteered at train stations on Thursday to help promote this weeks game so the list will help greatly with things like that.

How can you get involved with the Ambassador Group( not the actual name but let's call it that for now)
We need everyone's input to let the club know what fans want. We will not be suggesting things on our own, we will always be asking every fan for their opinion and ideas.
We will have an email set up shortly where we will post questions on here and on Yellow Army Facebook page to get feedback.

This is all new to not only us but the club so please have patience with us. If you have any further questions please feel free to call Simon Fisher on 0410307771 or come and have a chat today in the fans march to the ground

Thanks for that .... look forward to hearing from you guys...

Gratis

See below. Who cares really, I hope it's just ignored as the farce it is.
That said...having a direct line to Pellegrino? Hahahahaha, believeable.
The key is - prove it. In law evidence is key and there isn't really anything solid. In the MRP though - they're a law unto themselves and 'proof' is not something they require all that strongly...

Central Coast coach Graham Arnold could face further A-League sanctions over allegations he ignored a one-match ban by communicating with his bench during Saturday's 0-0 draw with Newcastle at Bluetongue Stadium.
Arnold was accused of talking with one of his assistants on an earpiece and Jets coach Gary van Egmond said he attempted to raise the matter with the fourth official during the game but his efforts were rebuffed.
"The fourth official wouldn't talk to me, you are not allowed to talk to them but I would have thought he could have been a bit more switched on," van Egmond said.
"The rules are the rules ... if I was the fourth official and I saw one of the assistant coaches with an earpiece and a walkie talkie and you know the coach isn't actually on the bench what would you think?
"I was just wondering who they were talking to. Apparently it was Adrian Pellegrino, so if that was the case that was the case."
Arnold was serving a ban for abusing match officials during last week's draw with Melbourne Victory.
An A-League official said an investigation will result if the incident is mentioned in the match report of the Match Commissioner or the fourth official or the Jets make an official complaint.
Van Egmond said he was unlikely to make a complaint but was not happy with the way it was handled by match officials.
"If that's the way it is that's the way it is (talking to Pellegrino) ... there's nothing in it," he said.
"But again if you are going to make rules I thought the match official could have asked, maybe he did and that was that."
The Mariners refuted the allegations. "I can put it to bed straight away," Moss said.
"I didn't hear from Arnie once during the game.
"He knows what the rules are, there was no communication at all. I didn't know anything about that (a complaint)."

FFC Mariner

What a dickhead. Match officials do not police that stuff.

If Arnie chose to talk to Pellers who then chose to talk to Moss, sounds like a clever way around it TBH.

Reactions: adz

Ancient Mariner

Lucky Van Egmond did not see me on the phone, I might have been talking to Arnie.

What a Muppet. He deserves Newcastle and Newcastle deserve him.

Bex

Hey, don't insult Muppets! ;)

Actually, does GVE have some slight resemblance to Gonzo?

Mumbles

I`d like to see the "yoof" team & the development squads sitting close to bay 16 when attending the matches.
The passion & devotion that the hardcore yellow army show to the team, should be part of the culture being bred into these players.
:soapbox:

Damn good idea

bikinigirl

A wordy article and he takes a long time to make a few very very valid points.

http://leopoldmethod.com.au/be-careful-before-sharpening-the-pencil/

. wordy indeed ... but yes valid points. the problem is this and the 442 article may imply that it was the only thing discussed as a way to boost crowd numbers ... this was not the case - it was one suggestion to help solve a very complex problem

. the real topic is how to increase crowd numbers and crowd participation. perhaps ticket pricing is an option, perhaps it isn't - my biggest concern (along the lines of the quoted article) is that any increase in numbers is temporary but then there is an ongoing expectation for cheaper pricing ... even from those currently 'happy' paying the higher rate

... it could create a downward spiral (even if that is just a sentiment)

bikinigirl

Isn't there a large number of free passes for kids already available on the coast?

. yes if the kids play locally and register for their membership - this has been made possible by Ausgrid sponsorship which may not be possible in the future. again, we may have problems if this perceived 'entitlement' is taken away

. i see food & beverage as a bigger issue (for which the club sees no real benefit) ... and one which may have a larger impact on the intention to attend than ticket pricing. take the family pricing scenario in the article linked above:

- if the stereotypical mum, dad & two kids buy a family pass and a 'meal deal' each plus dad has a couple of beers ... the cost of food and beverage outweighs the cost of the ticket. but this is all seen as 'the cost of going to a mariners game' ... the value equation has suddenly become very different

. yes i know there other options, but we need to look at the reality. families will look upon going to a mariners game as an 'special occasion' expense that they make once in a blue moon ... hopefully it continues to meet the billing of special occasion

. this issue is obviously compounded by the fact that games are typically held at meal times

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred