• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Turbulence (then calm sailing, then turbulence) thread.

Bex

Good initiative but I wouldn't say Fish is representing my views in that article. I very much doubt we'll get 3,000 more spectators to a game by dropping the ticket price $7. Also, to get a minimum of 10,000 to every game is going to take more than just ticket price adjustment in my opinion.

Anyway, it's good that fans have a formal representation with the club and I hope that Fish and the others return to this forum if they're going to take on that role. It's a valid fan base here and the only active open forum for Mariners fans. Whatever may have happened in the past, this type of leadership requires forward thinking, leading by example and connecting with all types of fans.

Reactions: adz

dibo

Great stuff, hope they're taken seriously and get to have some good input. Fish is a good spokesperson as well, and has done lots of unpaid work for fans and the club.

dibo

Bex - I agree on ticket prices, but it's good to have the conversation. It won't be the only thing they're talking about.

Reactions: Bex

MrCelery

I agree with Dibo. Knowing Fish, he always has a dozen or more thoughts on how to get extra fans to the games. I'm sure he was just using ticket pricing as an example. I think the aim is for a combination of initiatives to add 3K to the gate, not just ticket pricing alone.

sally

Can't get Bluetongue - can't have alcohol sponsors, Australian Government deal worth $$$ to the FFA means they're now a prohibited category and we have all these 'be the influence' signs around and messages discouraging binge drinking.

Maybe the club should approach Coca Cola, a top 500 company that has had some stick for sucking water out of the Somersby aquifer. It would be good PR for the company, they give something back to the Coast and the sponsorship money is chicken feed to a business of this scale.

dibo

On ticket prices I would hope (but don't necessarily expect) that someone at FFA has done some analysis on what ticket price shifts mean for attendance. There'll be a rate at which fans are more likely to come for each dollar shaved off the price and at which they'll stop coming for each dollar added.

You should be able to predict what the crowds will be for a given price, and then set the price to ensure maximum profit on a price x tickets sold basis.

8,000 people at $22 a ticket is $176,000.
12,000 people at $15 a ticket is $180,000.

The question is whether it's reasonable to expect that price shifts alone could generate that increase. It might be that you can make all the shifts you want, but the gross income from ticket sales will stay around about $170-$180k.

Then secondary goals have to come in - get the buzz of as many people through the gates as possible would be my inclination. If you could get 18,000 people through the gate every week by dropping prices to $10, would it be worth doing, or do you actually risk devaluing your product?

It might be that too far in one direction or another there are other factors in play - a simple limit to what people will pay in one direction, a simple limit on the number of people interested in attending in the other.

It's a really interesting area for discussion.

Mumbles

Maybe the club should approach Coca Cola, a top 500 company that has had some stick for sucking water out of the Somersby aquifer. It would be good PR for the company, they give something back to the Coast and the sponsorship money is chicken feed to a business of this scale.

TCCC (coke) is already involved with FFA I believe. Powerade sponsorship.
Powerade, Coke, Mount Franklin, Kirks, Golden Circle, Blue tongue are all TCCC brands. Probably forgotten as many more.

probably means Cadbury Schweppes have been blocked. Gatorade & Schweppes

The really big players are usually picked up by the big guys early.

Mumbles

I'd rather see the Mariners add value than drop ticket prices.
Does anyone have a breakdown of who gets what out of the $22 ?

Reactions: adz

adz

Staff member
I wouldn't have thought price is the major factor on crowds - the prices appear to be similar to rugby league at BTS, maybe even a bit cheaper?

Atomic

If this new fan group is truly a broad-based supporter group, then I'd love to be involved.

How, when, where???

This is the first I've heard of it.

pjennings

What about ING Direct. ING are big sponsors of football and ING Direct have there main call centre not far from the COE.

dibo

I'd have thought they'd be keener on the Roar... *whistle*

But seriously, they'd be a good prospect for something like back of shirt, sleeve or shorts. I'm a big fan of the idea of hitting up companies with good Central Coast profiles.

FFC Mariner

If this new fan group is truly a broad-based supporter group, then I'd love to be involved.

How, when, where???

This is the first I've heard of it.

Was raised at the pre season fans forum. Club ask for people interested in meeting with them and getting involved. I'm guessing this has come out of that.

I'm sure they would welcome anyone who wants to be a part. If you know him, talk to Fish. If not, DM me and I'll pass on his details.

CCMUnite

Hi guys,

Just wanting to answer a few queries and questions regarding the supporters group set up.

The club called for volunteers who would like to be involved at the fan forum at Mingara many months ago..
They received around 12/14 people's names and hence the group was formed. We have met 3 times all with a representative from the club.

The last meeting involved Peter Turnbull and the idea of the group was received very positively from him.

The idea of the setting up of the group was to help, plain and simple. The club do not have the resources to do extensive market research or set up a marketing team to brain storm promotional ideas so hopefully this group can assist here.
The plan is for the group and fans to come up with ideas on how to help promote/grow the Mariners on the Coast.

Anyone can be involved in helping. Shortly the club will be calling for volunteers to send their details for times when the club need foot soldiers as it were to get things done. A few people volunteered at train stations on Thursday to help promote this weeks game so the list will help greatly with things like that.

How can you get involved with the Ambassador Group( not the actual name but let's call it that for now)
We need everyone's input to let the club know what fans want. We will not be suggesting things on our own, we will always be asking every fan for their opinion and ideas.
We will have an email set up shortly where we will post questions on here and on Yellow Army Facebook page to get feedback.

This is all new to not only us but the club so please have patience with us. If you have any further questions please feel free to call Simon Fisher on 0410307771 or come and have a chat today in the fans march to the ground

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred