• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tour De France

What is you interest factor?

• Rivetted, watch every stage live

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Watch all the 6pm highlights on SBS

• Catch it every now and then

• Read about it in the papers

• Couldn't give a rats

• Total voters

Mariner Girl

Think I need a nanna nap this afternoon and recharge the batteries for tonight. Getting to bed at 1.30 each night is catching up.  :p

Omni

Won't be surprised to see Cadel lose the Mailot Jaune in the Alps, but he's the best Time Trialist in the field so I think he'll be wearing it on the Champs Elysees, then again I said that last year, we'll see what happens, I think Cadel is the best out there purely for the Time Trial, noone else up there has such a good time trial, and he's got the luxury of not needing to attack anymore.

tuftman

Omni said:
Won't be surprised to see Cadel lose the Mailot Jaune in the Alps, but he's the best Time Trialist in the field so I think he'll be wearing it on the Champs Elysees, then again I said that last year, we'll see what happens, I think Cadel is the best out there purely for the Time Trial, noone else up there has such a good time trial, and he's got the luxury of not needing to attack anymore.

Depends on what Schleck and CSC decide to do. Dont discount Oscar Perrerio, the most attacking rider in the field now that De La Fuente is out. He made 30 minutes on Floyd Landis on one stage alone in 2006. But all Cadel has to do is stay in touch or preferably in yellow out of the Alps and he has the time trial to win. I disagree with Cadel being the best TT rider, he is in the top half dozen, but Cancellara from CSC and Stefan Schumacher from Gerolsteiner(won the TT earlier on) are the best. Its a shame Michael Rogers isnt in the race as he would have been a serious contender for yellow in the Alps and he is a 3 time TT world champion.

Omni

Well that 30 minutes would NEVER happen again!

Would have been great to have Rogers there, poor guy doesn't get any luck, imagine Cadel v Rogers for the Mailot Jaune!

I don't think that Cancellara or Schumacher have a real chance of yellow though, they'll be good for Stage 20 but not for yellow you'd imagine although Cancellara could be there or there abouts, the Alps is where we see the winners come through, Cadel can't just sit back the whole time, he'll no doubt have to attack again at some stage, but it was great to see him attack to get yellow

dibo

my picks for the top 3

1. evans
2. menchov
3. frank schleck

that said, i wouldn't be that surprised if the maillot jaune changes hands in the alps, only to be returned to evans in the TT. menchov is the real threat - about as strong as evand in the mountains and in the TT. if schleck goes mental on one of the big mountain stages, he might nick the whole shebang, but i have a feeling he'll do well on one day and lose that time the following day.

Omni

:( Oscar Perrerio, hopefully he's doing OK and he can recover from those injuries, poor guy, not the first or the last to have a crash like that, he's probably a bit lucky that it wasn't more serious by the sounds of it.

tuftman

Great,so the first stage I dont watch all tour and Cadel loses the Maillot Jaune, albeit only by 8 seconds. Not really any significant time though when u look at the next 2 stages which will, im betting, break a contender

Mariner Girl

TUFTY-mitchell said:
Great,so the first stage I dont watch all tour and Cadel loses the Maillot Jaune, albeit only by 8 seconds. Not really any significant time though when u look at the next 2 stages which will, im betting, break a contender
Have no fear. If Cadel can stick within 60-90secs of the leaders into the Time Trial, he will have them. Nobody is better in the Time Trial than Cadel. He needs his team to help out over the next 2 mountain stages. CSC are pounding him at the moment, they are like sharks around a dingy.

dibo

Mariner Girl said:
TUFTY-mitchell said:
Have no fear. If Cadel can stick within 60-90secs of the leaders into the Time Trial, he will have them. Nobody is better in the Time Trial than Cadel. He needs his team to help out over the next 2 mountain stages. SCS are pounding him at the moment, they are like sharks around a dingy.

world champion fabian cancellara for one, probably david millar too, and neither vande velde nor menchov are slouches in la bataille contre le montre... *whistles*

Mariner Girl

dibo said:
Mariner Girl said:
TUFTY-mitchell said:
Have no fear. If Cadel can stick within 60-90secs of the leaders into the Time Trial, he will have them. Nobody is better in the Time Trial than Cadel. He needs his team to help out over the next 2 mountain stages. SCS are pounding him at the moment, they are like sharks around a dingy.

world champion fabian cancellara for one, probably david millar too, and neither vande velde nor menchov are slouches in la bataille contre le montre... *whistles*
Ummmmm, *snap*, but what I said came out wrong. Can I have another go?
What I meant to say was - Out of the remaining contenders ie within 5 mins of the leader at the moment, no one is better than Cadel in the Time Trial.
Ok, you can keep whistling now.

Atomic

Uphill finishes are without doubt the best. Sprint finishes are exciting and action packed but for pure drama, one cannot surpass a tough uphill battle at the end of an insane mountain stage.

CSC... awesome. I wish I took more notice of Team Discovery in Lance Armstrong's hey day as I'm told they were even more ruthless than CSC are this year. If Cadel can pull this Tour off, then it must rank amongst the greatest individual sporting achievements in Australian sporting history.

Mariner Girl

Atomic said:
Uphill finishes are without doubt the best. Sprint finishes are exciting and action packed but for pure drama, one cannot surpass a tough uphill battle at the end of an insane mountain stage.

CSC... awesome. I wish I took more notice of Team Discovery in Lance Armstrong's hey day as I'm told they were even more ruthless than CSC are this year. If Cadel can pull this Tour off, then it must rank amongst the greatest individual sporting achievements in Australian sporting history.
Yeah, I remember that team would pounce the second anyone attacked Lance Armstrong.

Omni

Amazing work from Cadel! He probably could have gone for the Mailot Jaune if he really wanted to tonight, tomorrow is the tough one though, L'Alpe de Huez is where Cadel lost le tour last year so he's going to need to be aware.

Feel sorry for that young South African bloke though, wow what a spill, very very lucky boy!

As for DSC/USP when Armstrong was there a lot of those tours it should have been Armstrong against some of his team mates, it must have been difficult to slow down on a mountain stage when Armstrong told you to, knowing you had it in you to just kick on and beat him. And then we don't even mention the drug allegations surrounding both teams.

T

Omni said:
Feel sorry for that young South African bloke though, wow what a spill, very very lucky boy!
I wonder if they will ever find his bike

Mariner Girl

Oh my God - is it morning already? I've had 4 hours sleeeep.
That was a great stage for Cadel where the top 3 places and time differences have not changed.  The big surprise was Menchov dropping off the pace after lossing a further 30 secs and is now over a 1 min behind. He was expected to really fight it out during these Alpine stages.

For once, Cadel had some help last night with his teammate Popovych in the lead group right till the end and eventually finished 4th behind a Frenchman. Your right, Omni. Cadel does need to be aware, but I think he is a better rider this year and would have spent many hours training on this climb to L'Alpe-D'Huez with Popovych attacking him like we can expect the CSC guys to do tonight. They are like a bloody dog with a bone - will not give up!

Umm, that bike is.....I couldn't believe the guy was able to get up, that was some fall. (ouch)

Someone may have to slap me on Sunday to keep me awake during the football  :pirashoot:  ;)

Sean

last night was great to watch and am glad i stayed up for it.

i wish i had the $$$ to go over next year and be one of those lads cheering them on up the top of those bloody high mountains.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred