• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tour De France

What is you interest factor?

• Rivetted, watch every stage live

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Watch all the 6pm highlights on SBS

• Catch it every now and then

• Read about it in the papers

• Couldn't give a rats

• Total voters

tuftman

CCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAADEEEEEEEEEEEEL..........How did he do it??? With no team support Cadel Evans has hauled himself into the Maillot Jaune.....That people, is guts and determination.
fact

Mariner Girl

I stayed up and watched the whole stage. For Cadel to firstly survive the crash the other night and come out last night and pull that one out is amazing. His teammates will need to help him now more than ever to stay there.

Cadel in YELLOW - our favourite colour.

serious14

FFS............ the first sports story across all the networks was Mark F*cking Gasnier going to play Rugby in France.  Here we have Cadel Evans creating history in one of the world's biggest sporting events, and all they can talk about is some greedy douchebag ditching his lifetime club for a million dollar pay day??

F*ck's sake - the Australian media pisses me off.

Oh, but GO CADEL, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

From the dug out

White is officially classed as a shade ;D

C'MON CADEL, watched last night til 12.30am, before falling asleep....fastest time recorded down hill was quoted at 115km per hour, these guys are incredible, I shit myself at 50k. What an incredible race of endurance, skill, teamwork and oh yes.....luck.

C'MON CADEL :tv:

dibo

watched cadel sneak into the maillot jaune last night, and must've woken up half the block of flats with my big "f**k yeah" when the provisional classification came up on screen.

thought he looked pretty good last night, the problem is that schleck has the look of a contador-like rider, one who might be able to just punch out enough efforts in the mountains to cause trouble. sastre and valverde don't look too threatening - sastre has a massive and powerful team behind him working an incredibly strong strategy and still couldn't lay a glove last night and valverde blew up on the col du tourmalet.

i think evans looks the best all-around rider left in the top group, and it should be his race to keep from here. he may not keep the yellow all the way to paris, but i expect he'll stay close enough to have it on his shoulders from the end of the TT to the last lap of the champs elysee.

dru

scottmac said:
did anyone see his reaction to reporters getting close to his shoulder?

http://media.smh.com.au/?rid=39643

I reckon he has some serious damage to his left shoulder, and we wont know until the end.

He has broken his collarbone a number of times before (4 times I think) and wasn't until after he won the yellow that it was confirmed that he hasn't done it again after his crash on Sundays stage.

sbs article

After being "patched up, but in pain" for the start of the 10th stage in Pau, Evans - suffering from shoulder, hip, knee and elbow pains - then overcame the loss of all of his teammates as CSC pushed the pace hard on the 17.7km climb over the summit of the Col du Tourmalet.

tuftman

Mariner Girl said:
Don't worry - in 3days you will see some of the best cycling and scenery EVER.
Stage 17 ladies and gentleman is a much watch even for those who don't care. The guts required for those climbs makes anything else look soft.

dibo

tonight two frenchmen have put 8 minutes into the peleton, working off the front into a big break. that said, they're both nearly two hours behind our boy and the CSC riders, so the GC teams couldn't give a rat's arse.

the sprint teams might have a go, so look for francaises des jeux, milram and maybe columbia to drive if the gap starts coming down a bit.

Mariner Girl

Ok, so after 2 weeks of racing, Cadel is still in Yellow.

I want the fence sitters and non believers to promise me that you will watch tonight and Wednesday night stages. You will turn - trust me.  :eek:verhead:
They are NOT to be missed.

Arabmariner

Mariner Girl said:
Ok, so after 2 weeks of racing, Cadel is still in Yellow.

I want the fence sitters and non believers to promise me that you will watch tonight and Wednesday night stages. You will turn - trust me.  :eek:verhead:
They are NOT to be missed.
Time to own up here.

I'm one of the "couldn't give a rats" voters. :-[

However reading this thread and the slowly increasing newspaper coverage has gradually aroused my curiousity to the point I find myself checking the web every morning to check Cadels progress. :thumbup:

Friday night after the pub I even tried to watch it on the telly but was told by the Mrs "we're not watching bloody cycling!". :(

I might try again tonight! 8)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred