• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tour De France

What is you interest factor?

• Rivetted, watch every stage live

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Watch all the 6pm highlights on SBS

• Catch it every now and then

• Read about it in the papers

• Couldn't give a rats

• Total voters

dru

Now waiting for the inevitable crash by dibo  :-\

on the tour any idea of what time Cadel is likely to be starting tonight?

dibo

dru said:

i'm not really crash-prone, i've never actually crashed on the road. mountain biking's a different story... ;)

dru

dibo said:
dru said:

i'm not really crash-prone, i've never actually crashed on the road. mountain biking's a different story... ;)

cough<not trying hard enough>cough  ;)

marinersman

dru said:

Dru, I think he;s on around 12.15-12.30 if I have my maths right. The first rider started at 7.18pm and the first 125 are at two minute intervals and then the last twenty at three minute intervals.

Omni

Cadel either:
1. Can't handle the pressure
2. Needs a better team

Let's hope it's #2, I don't know why he stays with Silence Lotto, they really aren't good enough, surely he can attract the money of the big teams. That Australian team really does have merit it would definitely challenge and actually help Cadel rather than the pack of sprinters he has at Silence Lotto.

I'm kind of worried it's that he can't handle the pressure, that's two in a row now, he's better than that, Cadel's best ride in le tour was when he was a nobody and rode into the top ten, for two years in a row he's been a favourite and he hasn't been able to handle the pressure on the ITT.

Sastre deserves it though, an AMAZING ride both today and on L'Alpe D'Huez, and that's how you win le tour.

marinersman

Very disappointing. He had no petrol in the tank.

I think CSC crushed him in the last three stages. They're awesome.

Agree with Omni, Silence Lotto are just not strong enough. He's had no support the last couple of stages.

Mariner Girl

I feel very deflated for Cadel. He tried so so hard but unfortunately it was a combination of the fall he had earlier in the Tour and the fact that his team was completely wrong. They are still basically a sprinters team who helped Robbie McEwan. They sacked the one person who could have helped Cadel and brought in Povovych who was totally useless.

2nd again, but we are still proud of you Cadel.  :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

dru

marinersman said:
Very disappointing. He had no petrol in the tank.

WTF He rode the 7th fastest time for the stage and the only way he would of won would of been to match Cancellara's time which was an absolute flier (and not the winning time for the stage fwiw). If anthing it was the way he set up his gearing that stuffed him on this TT. He never looked comfortable on the bike because of it.

More the case is that Sastre rode the best TT he has ridden for quite a few years and looks to have gained the mythical lift that the yellow jersey supposedly gives riders.

Omni

I'm with Dru, it was more Sastre having the ride of his life that made Cadel lose and the gears, he was uncomfortable from the start.

I don't really buy the fact that the course was 'made for Cadel' the start was far too quick for Cadel to make enough time on it.

Spot on Marinersgirl - Davittamon Lotto were a sprinters team, then Cadel comes 2nd they change their name and become a GC team with the same people, change the personnel.

tuftman

I actually get the feeling CSC tricked Silence a little. Using Schleck as a domestique in disguise to get Cadel to attack him, leaving a fresh Sastre to attack on the L'Alpe D'Huez. Thats my theory anyway. Lotto need to get proper domestiques who do the GC work better. I lso agree with Marinersgirl and Omni that team seemed engineered around getting Robbie the green more then it did getting Cadel the yellow, and they just couldnt match it with Cancellara the Schlecks and Stuey O'Grady who have done an awesome job. Well done though to Sastre, he performed when it counted the most, we always said stage 17 would decide the Tour.

Mariner Girl

Omni said:
Cadel's interview on Fox suggests that the biggest factor was the crash early on.
Phil Liggett aluded to that in the commentary last night. He's right when he said it's not the day you crash or even the day after that hurts, it's the follow week when your wounds are healing, they keep you awake at night.
Ooowwww I can't wait loose weight and get back into Triathlon...umm...

Mariner Girl

soundsdifferent said:
wats the deal with the last day of racing. wat if someone wants to tak off and have a chance of winning
Anyone can win the stage - infact it will be a sprinters finish. look for Robbie McEwen.
It is against etiquette to attack the yellow jersey and try and take it off him, therefore Cadel will not try to make up the 1.03 time difference. On a course like this, he would have no chance anyway.

Arabmariner

Mariner Girl said:
soundsdifferent said:
wats the deal with the last day of racing. wat if someone wants to tak off and have a chance of winning
It is against etiquette to attack the yellow jersey and try and take it off him,

Well Hello................maybe I'm a tube or something but isn't that the whole point of being there???
OK.I'm a novice at watching this so bear with me....................but isn't the point of the whole thing to win and wear the yellow jersey???

Why would you not try and take it off the guy who's leading?

Just as I get into the whole thing after being a doubter at the start I find out it's "against etiquette" to try and win on the last day.........FFS...credibility gone in one sentence!

serious14

Greenpoleffc said:
Ok people, no need to stay up late, there is some paint drying somewhere you can watch.

:)

Fulham playing anytime soon??

Snap.  :p

Isn't the last day just lovely??  No breakaway, just the whole group riding as one big lovely Sunday family on the way to Paris.  Paris = awesome.

Peachos

Ok, unless there is like a second between the yellow jersey and 2nd placed then its pretty much a guard of honour for the 4 jersey wearers (yellow, green, polka-dot and white)
Its unwritten law

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred