• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Stajcic Era, a Partnership of desperates or a Marriage Made in Heaven?

Insertnamehere

Most that I've heard via players who know Matildas is that Staj was loved by most of them and is a high quality coach.

The rumour I've heard is that he didn't allow partners to share accommodation on camps/tournaments and that some in the group took it as prejudice (because many it affected were gay) - but that many others knew full well that is his policy regardless of who the players are and sexuality had absolutely nothing to do with it. Being a tender issue it went south quickly.

Is what I've been told anyway.

Matters not now. Weve got the man we should have had rather than Mulvey. Just burned a season waiting for Staj to become available.

Wombat

I still want to know EXACTLY what happened between him and the Matildas. FA says one thing, Sam Kerr says another.

Pretty clear.
The lesbian mafia led a crusade against him. The weak and feckless FFA had already started they wanted a female coach of the Matildas.....because they Lesbian mafia told them it was a good idea.
When you are clueless like the FFA............you are easily led.

JoyfulPenguin

Pretty clear.
The lesbian mafia led a crusade against him. The weak and feckless FFA had already started they wanted a female coach of the Matildas.....because they Lesbian mafia told them it was a good idea.
When you are clueless like the FFA............you are easily led.
Considering that the Matildas have never had a female coach, surely it's time for one? Melissa Andretta is a terrific coach who has a fantastic record with Brisbane and Heather Garriock has done a great job with a small budget in Canberra, both are deserving of an opportunity with our national team. While I don't agree with circumstances in which Alan Stajcic was fired and he should have stayed until at least the end of this World Cup, I think it's unfair and untrue to say that the "lesbian mafia" had anything to do with it.

turbo

I think it's unfair and untrue to say that the "lesbian mafia" had anything to do with it.
There were some stories going around on twitter at the time and a number of well known journos knew of some specific events but weren't willing to report or comment on them as it would involve outing some players. Like you I'm all for having a female coach for the matildas but the circumstances of what went down has a smell to it. At the time the impression I got was a mix of politics, a small group of disgruntled players and horrendous mismanagement by the FFA - not just for the sacking but to allow it to get to a situation where out of the blue we're sacking a coach in a world cup year.

marinermick

My info tells me it was more because of a couple of younger players and their adjustment/push into a more professional training regime that was the issue.

It will be a while, if ever, we will get to know the full truth I suspect.

midfielder

Some people find it very difficult going from a side line activists to being the person in charge.

Issues and thoughts developed by rumours, your bias, often with only one side of a story, often without all facts... are hard to let go of...

Seems like a lifetime ago now, but when I was 19 going on 20 in a couple of weeks, the chief accountant suddenly retired, and they approached me to take his place and I agree... I was lucky to have a great mentor to lead me through now your are in senior management you need to be aware of all the facts...

When I look at Heather I get the feeling if she had her time again she would react differently... whether we can forgive that and put it down to the learning curve or whether Gallop should have taken her more under his wing and helped her or does someone in that position who makes such a poor call have to go... as no one forced her to nominate for the position.

The letter is late in coming, and I suspect only issued after legal issues sorted and no comment agreements in place.

Insertnamehere

Some people find it very difficult going from a side line activists to being the person in charge.

Issues and thoughts developed by rumours, your bias, often with only one side of a story, often without all facts... are hard to let go of...

Seems like a lifetime ago now, but when I was 19 going on 20 in a couple of weeks, the chief accountant suddenly retired, and they approached me to take his place and I agree... I was lucky to have a great mentor to lead me through now your are in senior management you need to be aware of all the facts...

When I look at Heather I get the feeling if she had her time again she would react differently... whether we can forgive that and put it down to the learning curve or whether Gallop should have taken her more under his wing and helped her or does someone in that position who makes such a poor call have to go... as no one forced her to nominate for the position.

The letter is late in coming, and I suspect only issued after legal issues sorted and no comment agreements in place.
Dont be so naive mate. Shes a 50/60 yo who doesnt get to be on a board by accident.
She shouldnt be acting unilaterally in such sensitive issuea. It wasnt her place and it wasnt by accident.

JoyfulPenguin

I feel like she should also be relieved from her position on the board permanently.
She really should have known better than to be sprouting defamatory statements from the pulpit of the Sydney Morning Herald. If the FFA think that this would stop defamation action against them then they are getting some very, very poor legal advice.

pinklady

Some good points and quite reasonable middy - the only thing is Heather Reid is hardly a newby when it comes to Sports Administration or being in charge. Over 10 years as the CEO of Capital Football and 10 years as Executive Director of what was the Australian Womens Soccer Association plus positions on AFC organising committee and contributing to a number of FIFA committees means she shouldn't be someone who Gallop would have to take under his wing and guide in the right direction. Considering that others who have done far less have had to fall on their sword or risk the wrath of the public, maybe she should retire back to Canberra and perhaps go into politics where foot-in-mouth seems to be a pre-requisite for office.

marinermick

Some good points and quite reasonable middy - the only thing is Heather Reid is hardly a newby when it comes to Sports Administration or being in charge. Over 10 years as the CEO of Capital Football and 10 years as Executive Director of what was the Australian Womens Soccer Association plus positions on AFC organising committee and contributing to a number of FIFA committees means she shouldn't be someone who Gallop would have to take under his wing and guide in the right direction. Considering that others who have done far less have had to fall on their sword or risk the wrath of the public, maybe she should retire back to Canberra and perhaps go into politics where foot-in-mouth seems to be a pre-requisite for office.

Her cancer might take her before then.

Big Al

Considering that the Matildas have never had a female coach, surely it's time for one? Melissa Andretta is a terrific coach who has a fantastic record with Brisbane and Heather Garriock has done a great job with a small budget in Canberra, both are deserving of an opportunity with our national team. While I don't agree with circumstances in which Alan Stajcic was fired and he should have stayed until at least the end of this World Cup, I think it's unfair and untrue to say that the "lesbian mafia" had anything to do with it.
they did have a dutch woman.

Didn’t go very well from memory

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/hesterine-de-reus-named-new-westfield-matildas-head-coach

Big Al

Staj sacrificed money for a moral victory.

Getting the FFA to apologise is an a very big deal.

However had he gone the legal route they would have had to pay him out. No doubt but it would have come with a confidentiality clause and no apology.

Not taking the cash and forcing the apology is very smart but certainly cost himself some dollars for it

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

Staj sacrificed money for a moral victory.

Getting the FFA to apologise is an a very big deal.

However had he gone the legal route they would have had tompay him out. No doubt but it would have come with a confidentiality clause and no apology.

Not taking the cash and forcing the apology is very smart but certainly cost himself some dollars for it
He could have gotten both if his lawyers used the Rebel Wilson case as precedent his lawyers would have easily have won, they would have been forced to provide it by a court if Stajcic took it that far. But I can understand from his perspective that he didn't want a long and draining court battle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred