• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Stajcic Era, a Partnership of desperates or a Marriage Made in Heaven?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So Connor and Astro are “officiallly” gawnski...does this mean that Glassock and Kekeris are gonna get a run v The Drivebys ?....May as well! cant hurt our standing any

Pirate Pete

Pain is a huge loss. He's been great for us and given his all week in, week out. Also ironic we put Aspro through so much rehab after his ACL, just to see him leave at season's end. None the less, wish them both well.
Pain I can sort of understand. Been here a while and maybe time for a move.
Aspro, we signed while injured. I think he owes us.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/stajcic-expects-mariners-decision-this-week
looks we will know sooneer rather than later if stajcic gets the job or not
I posted in another thread the blokes on Coast FM reckon it's a three year deal.

Antlion

I'm keen now to see the rebuild over the off season. The rest of this season feels like waiting it out.
Get as many players in as early as possible and have a DECENT pre-season under a capable coach please. It'll make a world of difference.

turbo

Pain I can sort of understand. Been here a while and maybe time for a move.
Pain has been a constant throughout his time here, if everyone cared as much as he does we wouldnt need to rebuild the culture. I hope he gets a send off at his last home game.

Aspro, we signed while injured. I think he owes us.
Yeah that doesnt sit well with me but thats the risk of a 1 year deal. Apparently we can't put options on contracts but it seems fair to me if you sign someone with a major injury and get them healthy you should be able to extend by a year. To balance it out maybe it attracts a mandatory % wage increase if exercised. That said if we want to finish the year on a decent note and not a flogging we need to keep playing him, last night the commentators were wondering why he's getting game time but it's as simple as no good options.

Insertnamehere

Pain has been a constant throughout his time here, if everyone cared as much as he does we wouldnt need to rebuild the culture. I hope he gets a send off at his last home game.

Yeah that doesnt sit well with me but thats the risk of a 1 year deal. Apparently we can't put options on contracts but it seems fair to me if you sign someone with a major injury and get them healthy you should be able to extend by a year. To balance it out maybe it attracts a mandatory % wage increase if exercised. That said if we want to finish the year on a decent note and not a flogging we need to keep playing him, last night the commentators were wondering why he's getting game time but it's as simple as no good options.
Yeah I believe the no options thing is an FFA no no.. however you can put games played clauses. Bit us with BK.

turbo

Yeah I believe the no options thing is an FFA no no.. however you can put games played clauses. Bit us with BK.

I can understand why they might not want it in all cases but I think there could be a decent argument for it in limited cases such as NPL recruits or long term injured players that will miss minimum X number of games, categories where a risk is being taken by the club and the player gains from it too. Protect the player by limiting to one season and include a mandatory wage increase if exercised and it should be fair to both parties. But if games played is an option then we should have used that.

Insertnamehere

I can understand why they might not want it in all cases but I think there could be a decent argument for it in limited cases such as NPL recruits or long term injured players that will miss minimum X number of games, categories where a risk is being taken by the club and the player gains from it too. Protect the player by limiting to one season and include a mandatory wage increase if exercised and it should be fair to both parties. But if games played is an option then we should have used that.
I know in US sport they negotiate the salary for the options years but the protection for the player is that to buyout the option is also negotiated. Generally about 10% of the yearly salary. And it has to be activated or declined I think almost immediately after the finals series.
It's definitely something that should be available especially in those cases you've described.

Tevor

I don’t blame any player for going somewhere else even Aspro after we rehabilitated him. We are a cluster and until we change and move in an upward trajectory I wouldn’t stay if I was a player. We are too risky and get slammed by the Ref’s and commentators every week. The FFA don’t care and they all have the view it’s just a matter of time before we are the first team relegated and we are the only ones who care. To be honest it’s hard to commit as a fan for next year let alone be a player trying to make a living. I will be watching with interest what happens in the off season and who we can recruit but I’m not letting myself get one bit excited until I see actual results. Plenty on member seats will be available after the first few games of the season. I will not be signing on early.

true believer

I don’t blame any player for going somewhere else even Aspro after we rehabilitated him. We are a cluster and until we change and move in an upward trajectory I wouldn’t stay if I was a player. We are too risky and get slammed by the Ref’s and commentators every week. The FFA don’t care and they all have the view it’s just a matter of time before we are the first team relegated and we are the only ones who care. To be honest it’s hard to commit as a fan for next year let alone be a player trying to make a living. I will be watching with interest what happens in the off season and who we can recruit but I’m not letting myself get one bit excited until I see actual results. Plenty on member seats will be available after the first few games of the season. I will not be signing on early.
My 4 will be there . Im not subsidising the pikey anymore

Wombat

It only hurt us because Pikey told them not to sign a 1st string keeper. Any other club in the World would have signed a number 1 with BK to be the understudy. Gauci is on Nash.

Tevor

What fkn squad?! The ones we really want to stay are leaving.
What if we can get better than what we think are good players. I like Pain but we could easily get just as good or have a yoof player transition into a good winger. We still don’t know about a number of players but it isn’t just up to the club the players have to want to stay. After 5 games I’ve seen a coach get two wins out of a team I didn’t think was capable of one all season. If he is picking who stays I’m going to go with it as he has proven he is no muppet. Long live Staj.

Insertnamehere

What if we can get better than what we think are good players. I like Pain but we could easily get just as good or have a yoof player transition into a good winger. We still don’t know about a number of players but it isn’t just up to the club the players have to want to stay. After 5 games I’ve seen a coach get two wins out of a team I didn’t think was capable of one all season. If he is picking who stays I’m going to go with it as he has proven he is no muppet. Long live Staj.
Small smidge of loyalty doesn't hurt. Other areas needing upgrading before you look at Pain.
As for the youth idea. When are they getting game time to improve? They haven't been!
I'm all for staj, I'm not for clean outs every season.

localpom

If Staj is properly funded we may have the new Popa.

Welcome to the Coast Staj. We have faith in you.
Time will tell but his points per game ratio would probably have got us into the 6 with a very depleted squad compared to what MM had to work with. Along with the fragile mental state of the players. Hoping, praying, wishing.........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred