The Stajcic Era, a Partnership of desperates or a Marriage Made in Heaven?

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by Ancient Mariner, Mar 12, 2019.

1. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see at what point our absentee rent seeking owner decides he needs a scapegoat. Its what he does isnt it? One of the challenges of his being so removed is he just hears postive bullshit and then eventually he realises its all turned to shit again and he reacts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  2. onto it

onto it Active Member

It means everybody else doesn't.
    Worse, the spooners this year will be 11th. We all know that's more the 10th.
    Yeah... this table goes down to 11...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jacobclear

jacobclear Active Member

still think having 11 teams for a season is dumb, but it's a real a-league thing to do

why not wait until both clubs are ready to be brought in?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

MacArthur are ready ( ground, transport etc) ...Western United on the other hand have no ground or anything fkn else ...so go figure the FFA thinking cause I can’t

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. midfielder

midfielder Well-Known Member

The Drive Bys did not want the Bulls in the first year they returned to Parramatta ... the Drive Bys wanted a year to regroup...

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Well that was wasted.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

Re group....what the hell was there to regroup

8. FFC Mariner

With the money they spent and the players they recruited, they would have/should have been right up there this season.
    Dud coach and look what happened.
    I still dont think Dukey is fit either

• Like Like x 2
  9. Blackadder

Blackadder Active Member

If he hasn't reacted by now , don't hold your breath.

10. Blackadder

Blackadder Active Member

If Staj was at another club (except the Jets), he would have a significantly better squad to work with, and a owner prepared to spend money to strengthen the squad.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Insertnamehere

Insertnamehere Well-Known Member

Was reading an AMA on reddit yesterday. It was from a recently retired AFL player, one question was about what their day entails.
    The ex player gave a generic rundown of a day with Richmond, so arguably the best team going.
    Most of their days are 8+ hrs.
    Positional meetings, game review, training, skills, prehab, gym. Exactly what I'd have thought an elite team does.

Are we is the question?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Well-Known Member

Under MM definitely. 2 hours training. 6 hours drinking coffee at Terrigal.

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Insertnamehere

Really if that 6hours included in depth reviews of the previous game, the upcoming one as well tactics I'd be OK.
    But we know it didn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FFC Mariner

Scapegoat time getting closer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

There's no point bailing on Staj now. He needs at least this season and between half and all of next season I'd say with the resources and starting core he was given

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

I agree but I wonder what the attitude on this forum would be if we didn’t have Birighitti this season, and someone like Kennedy or Italuano.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. FFC Mariner

Me too but our weak and ineffective management will need it to be someones fault.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Insertnamehere

The fish rots from the head. MC is the ultimate problem. Wants to run the club on an oily rag but football doesn't work like that. Owners hardly ever make year to year profits.
    Whether he's losing 500k or 2mill is irrelevant because of the brand damage. Licence is worth f**k all since winning under GA.
    I don't know how much risk there is to him losing the licence or just relocating but he's having a fair crack at it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Well-Known Member

Trying to run a football team on a limited budget is not helped by changing coaches every 12 months. There comes a time when a line must be drawn or we will just keep spiralling down the extinction vortex.
    Since Arnie, who at the time of appointment looked a gamble, we have carried on appointing coaches that were a gamble.
    Moss, hopeless but was Arnie's mate.
    Walmsley, the best coach he himself could find after a worldwide search.
    Okon, had a name but no results in youth international coaching.
    Mulvey, sacked after winning championship. We found out why after 12 months.

We now have Staj who comes with a successful background after getting shafted by politics. Probably a "gift horse" that has fallen into our laps.
    A big jump to club coaching, but is probably the only option we really have apart from gambling again.
    We also have at last a director who has the authority to speak for MC who knows something about football and is passionate. Much better than having the decisions made at distance without good advice.
    It is a start.
    First attempt by the new management appears to be failing and hopefully is not fatal. Recruitment has been limited by lack of resources and an understandable reluctance to come to CCM except as a last resort. Many players on the books are leftover duds from previous seasons.

On Stj's and Anton's recruiting:
    Birraz: is the standout.
    Duric: looked the goods but maybe lacking mobility for the pace of the A-League.
    Kim: someone saw a lucky opportunity and deserves Kudos for grabbing it.
    Stens: looking good but has a long way to go.
    Tongyik: still a possibility but is young and also has a long way to go.
    Fox: looked good, but what happened?
    Silvera: Staj appears to have been dazzled by some early fanciness, but hopefully will see that SS is out of his depth here.
    Others including the youth have been capable at times without setting the world on fire and have been better than last year.
    Overall the squad is not nearly as good as what Okon put together but he had a "name" and CCM was not seen as big a disaster then.

What happens for the rest of the season will have some bearing on our ability to recruit next year.
    It is important now to select players who will bleed for Club, Melling, Simon etc. and youth who are prepared to have a go. It appears to me that we have a few on the field who, for whatever reason, have dropped their bundle.

Whatever happens for the rest of the season Staj must be allowed to continue. If not, we are just going through the rinse and repeat cycle.
    I just pray we can have one more season and that whatever plans Staj has for the Club he can get it together.

The patient is in a critical condition.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. FFC Mariner

Not arguing woth any of you. My point is that if they dont blame the coach they have to blame themselves.
    Weak leaders tend not to do that

• Agree Agree x 2