• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Graham Arnold Thread

marinerbhoy

radar said:
(with apologies to John Lennon)

They might have been there when he threw his boots into the crowd at North Sydney Oval to signal his retirement after the beer tent crowd heckled him to death (I was).

I am pretty sure he tossed his boots into the away crowd at Marconi stadium. That was his last game when NS was knocked out of the finals.

serious14

Jesus H. Christ, is this thread a pisstake??

Give _GrahamF*ckingArnold_, the single greatest clusterf*ck to ever infect Australian football with levels of shitness one never thought possible, a CHANCE?!?

With all due respect, f*ck you, and no. Arnold out.

Radar - "apparent" failures with the Olyroos?? Mate, I was there in China to witness that debacle in person. Nothing apparent about it. Sadly, I wish I could say it was a one off.... I've also had the "pleasure" of being in Thailand and Canberra (against Kuwait) to watch this clown attempt to manage a football team - if anyone here thinks we're in for nothing but the most dire football thise side of Bolton and tactical mastery of the "Hyphenator into No. 10 role when you're 1-0 with 15 to go" variety, then you're an idiot.

I wanted change, but not at this price. This is a sad day for our club. Be careful what you wish for.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Almost makes me wish I had moved to a city that had a team I didn't hate as much as Melbourne...f*** me...........
ARNOLD OUT!
ARNOLD OUT!
ARNOLD OUT!

Blair

Meh lawrie got arse raped this year thing needed to be changed brought in a coach who hopefully will bring good players n if he does he don't need to do shit the players will. Thanks lawrie will be missed good to see that they kept him in the club but I think we can all agree arnie is a wanker but I hope a succesful one. 

radar

marinerbhoy said:
radar said:
(with apologies to John Lennon)

They might have been there when he threw his boots into the crowd at North Sydney Oval to signal his retirement after the beer tent crowd heckled him to death (I was).

I am pretty sure he tossed his boots into the away crowd at Marconi stadium. That was his last game when NS was knocked out of the finals.

I wasn't at Marconi stadium

I was at North Sydney Oval

radar

serious14 said:

Give _GrahamF*ckingArnold_, the single greatest clusterf*ck to ever infect Australian football with levels of shitness one never thought possible, a CHANCE?!?

Radar - "apparent" failures with the Olyroos?? Mate, I was there in China to witness that debacle in person. Nothing apparent about it. Sadly, I wish I could say it was a one off.... I've also had the "pleasure" of being in Thailand and Canberra (against Kuwait) to watch this clown attempt to manage a football team - if anyone here thinks we're in for nothing but the most dire football thise side of Bolton and tactical mastery of the "Hyphenator into No. 10 role when you're 1-0 with 15 to go" variety, then you're an idiot.

I wanted change, but not at this price. This is a sad day for our club. Be careful what you wish for.

You obviously know a lot more about football than I do, but if you're going to insult me about it then maybe keep your knowledge to yourself, hey?

Wombat

Sheesh.........and u lot whinge at me when I tell the truth (sorry, get negative).

I can't believe that you wont give this bloke a chance.

10 years around some pretty good coaches and mixing with the cream of Australian Football should have given Arnold some fairly decent insights into the game.
He would have learnt massively from the Asian Cup debarcle (but it was also the players that were pathetic in that tourni not just Arnie).

He will be hugely connected and I think we will reap the benefit of some decent signings.

He will also clean out the deadwood and Lawrie's favourites will be very nervous.

We still have the benefit of Lawrie's knowledge and hopefully with a new decent assistant coach we can push on to the next level.

Save your poison until he deserves it.

FFC Mariner

If he is that good, why are the FFA not even considering renewing his contract? Is it coz he is a failure as a coach? Is it because the senior players have no respect for him?

You could get me to work with a brain surgeon for 10 years but I would still kill the 1st patient I operated on

LOL

serious14

radar said:
serious14 said:

You obviously know a lot more about football than I do, but if you're going to insult me about it then maybe keep your knowledge to yourself, hey?

I wasn't insulting you, I was clarifying that he _did_ fail with the Olyroos, there was nothing apparent about it.  ;)

Wombat - if he learnt so massively from the Asian Cup debacle, why was the same shit replicated a year later in a different country with different conditions, and with a completely different squad of players??

Same again with the Asian Cup Qualifiers that he has directly managed during Pim's sideline ban.  Cornthwaite is not, and never will be, a centre forward/target man. 

As far as I'm concerned, we (those who've been burnt by this clown before) are being quite kind in the dispersion of our wrath.  I've only had the displeasure of being involved with this shithead three times - I genuinely feel sorry for the KevRenors and Mr Celery's of the world who've been exposed to his bollocks for far longer.

bulldogmariner

Wombat said:
Sheesh.........and u lot whinge at me when I tell the truth (sorry, get negative).

I can't believe that you wont give this bloke a chance.

10 years around some pretty good coaches and mixing with the cream of Australian Football should have given Arnold some fairly decent insights into the game.
He would have learnt massively from the Asian Cup debarcle (but it was also the players that were pathetic in that tourni not just Arnie).

He will be hugely connected and I think we will reap the benefit of some decent signings.

He will also clean out the deadwood and Lawrie's favourites will be very nervous.

We still have the benefit of Lawrie's knowledge and hopefully with a new decent assistant coach we can push on to the next level.

Save your poison until he deserves it.
Which of Lawrie's favs will be nervous. There are 12 contracted players for next season and most of those players have been in Gosford for a few seasons.

Nato

From a positive point of view, I was told that GA did have requirements of things he wanted at the club in his contract before he signed. Full time support staff (physio's, massage therapists) etc. Basic things that every other football club has but we dont. Whilst im not going to comment about his past coaching results on the field. A positive is that he has been around and seen how clubs should be run. And will hopefully make this club more professional off the field.

MARSHP1

Well, we've got GA so have no choice in the matter. I for one will give him a chance to see what he can do. I was a regular at the Spirit so have some idea of what he was like, but there's a big difference between international football and club football. Hopefully Phil Moss comes over as his assistant as he does have some talent as a coach. I 'm a big fan of LM but i think the time for a change has come and really, we haven't the money for a decent overseas coach so who was available in Australia? Farina seems to be out of favour, which is a shame as i would have preferred him. Kozzie? Maybe not the right fit for the club. What we have is what we have and not supporting it is only disruptive to the club. An Arnold/Moss(hopefully) partnership might not be as bad as we think. Clarky can concentrate fully on his strength and conditioning role, LM will do a great job in his new role. Hopefully we can bring in a marquee which will attract more people through the turnstiles. Bring in and nurture the yoof...we have some promise there. At least all this is now out in the open, changes have been made, let's build for an excellent next season!

Harsulas_SFC

thegame said:
3. knowns all the current and recent socceroos like the back of his hand, has their trust and friendship.

I wouldn't bet on this.  There are plenty of players who have been in and/or out of NT and Olyroo setups who are not at all big fans.

scottmac

Suspended
Harsulas_SFC said:
thegame said:
3. knowns all the current and recent socceroos like the back of his hand, has their trust and friendship.

I wouldn't bet on this.  There are plenty of players who have been in and/or out of NT and Olyroo setups who are not at all big fans.

Agree.

BUT....

It may not be a bad thing. Name two socceroo's that have come back and tore this league apart? Culina has played well in patches but has not been the messiah he was made out to be and when he is off he smells like my wheelie bin after a seafood week. Aloisi has provided us with the worst form of his career. Sterjovski and Coyne have both on the maybe list to the world cup where before they came back you would have counted them as certainties.

The only one you could really say showed his overseas form here was Craig Moore. So untill Kewell, Cahill, Neill, Schwarz or Emerton are looking for an A-League berth, i don't care.

Oh................ and bring on the mighty Holman!

radar

Holman has lovely hair and that can't be a bad thing

Lets get Angelo Costanzo as well

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member