• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Graham Arnold Thread

FFC Mariner

Is there anyone else we could have appointed who has

a) Made the club a laughing stock or object of pity on most other HAL clubs MB's

b) Aroused such passionate debate before he has even taken over amongst us

Awaits Fosters next rant with some interest

kevrenor

radar said:
kevrenor said:
In one word - NO!  :fireup:

He has no chance, no honeymoon, no bedding in period - results in HAL 6 or get out.

He will be judged as any other coach is judged ... he has none of Lawries credit ... his time starts now.

Rumour has it he coached the Youth in their dire 1-4 loss this afternoon  ;)

Thanks for your patience :/

I'm almost into my 6th decade .. I don't do patient too well after 53 years of following Australian football.

radar

FFC Mariner said:

a) Made the club a laughing stock or object of pity on most other HAL clubs MB's

I'm kinda new here, but you seem very negative about the club as a whole.

radar

kevrenor said:
radar said:
kevrenor said:
In one word - NO!   :fireup:

He has no chance, no honeymoon, no bedding in period - results in HAL 6 or get out.

He will be judged as any other coach is judged ... he has none of Lawries credit ... his time starts now.

Rumour has it he coached the Youth in their dire 1-4 loss this afternoon  ;)

Thanks for your patience :/

I'm almost into my 6th decade .. I don't do patient too well after 53 years of following Australian football.

After 53 years of Australian "WogSheilaPoofterball" you should be the most patient of all of us.

I have about thirty years behind me, and I'm all bunnies, kittens and positive thoughts.

kevrenor

Ted said:
like it or not, he is our coach..... hope he does well.

Indeed Ted, and I hope as much as anyone that he will do well, very well. I will also be among the first to say I was wrong if so proven.

Just for clarification ... I was not among those at Northern Spirit who chanted Arnold Out ad nauseum, though I wished him replaced by a better coach (which we did, Lawrie McKinna (after that other bloke whose name I have erased)).  Along with Robbie Slater Arnie sunk a LOT of his own money into that club, and deserved respect and an extra chance.

I am just saying at Mariners, a) I don't like it, b) he is expected to perform.

ps. forbear my state of mind ... I arrived home from driving 200km to watch our youth humped 1-4 by the scum and this is the news that confronted me.

FFC Mariner

I would love to be wrong and will happily say so.

Best leave this till we see who we bring in and how we go.

scottmac

Suspended
FFC Mariner said:
I would love to be wrong and will happily say so.

Best leave this till we see who we bring in and how we go.

GA will be on Fox Football next week Tue 8:30. Should be interesting. Lawrie was on tonight and was a champ. He will still be heavily involved in football operations next year from what he says, although final words always go to Arnie.

Wombat

shipwreck said:
Personally im very excited about this aquisition, I mean think of the positives, no more favourites, no more blind guaranteed starting line ups, we for the first time will have a team made up of players purely based on talent, not based on history or agenda.......

Not to mention, Arnolds ties with the likes of Guus, Neeskens, Pim and with still ties to the national team, if there is a talented fringe socceroo out there that Arnold took under his wing at some stage, expect him to be in Yellow next season....

Look at all the talent Franky brought over for roar, i expect we will see a similar effect, lets not forget that Graham Arnold was a socceroos captain, he knows his shit, lets give him a chance in the A-league before we right him off due to his performances in Asia (which, may i add, Pim hasnt done MUCH better considering all the hype he is getting) conditions change everything, we are looking at a fresh change, a chance for Lawrie to really relish in his role and engage the coast 100% while the players are all starting from scratch to win a place and form the mariners team thats going to take us into the future of this great club..

To infinity, and BEYOND!

VERY GOOD POST!

MagpieMariner

soundsdifferent said:
I hope im proven wrong on this, but he aint gonna get the respect of the team, the members or fans.
That's a pretty wide ranging statement, you have evidence for this?

As far as I'm concerned, whether we like it or not we've got him. For the sake of the team and the club we'd better give him a go. How do you think it's going to affect the players and their mentality if we keep rubbishing the coach right from the start?
Give him some rope -- if he's no good he'll hang himself with it, if he is good he'll tie the rest of the league up with it. I hope it's the latter.

scottmac

Suspended
For all of those who have been missing DV, he is absolutly carving it up on the 442 forums about this topic. Very much worth a read (sort through all the other dross) if your keen for a trip down memory lane.

FFC Mariner

scottmac said:
For all of those who have been missing DV, he is absolutly carving it up on the 442 forums about this topic. Very much worth a read (sort through all the other dross) if your keen for a trip down memory lane.

442 forums and DV...........I am not strong enough for that, sorry

midfielder

Me I am speechless at his appointment .... time will tell... he will have no honey moon period ... he achieves from game one ... if by mid season he is hopeless I hope they have the guts to sack em... If he does well I will praise him...

My tho's are posted on the new coach thread but I cannot see GA bring in fans and putting bums on seats...

I am actually scared for the club's survival with this appointment .... for all our sakes I hope we are proved wrong ..... 

pjennings

FFC Mariner said:

You gave the answer yourself - Foster

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred