• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The EPL thread

serious14

Oh my......... anyway, as epic as that game was, Spurs are now further adrift at the bottom than before today's games.  The irony, really.

Other results were:

ManYoo 2, West Ham 0
Lollerpool 1, Pompey 0
Chel$ki 3, Hull 0
Stoke 1, Soonlund 0
Villa 3, Blackburn 2
Fulham 2, Wigan 0
Boro 2, Man City 0 (wtf??)
Everton 1, Bolton 0

dru

serious14 said:
Boro 2, Man City 0 (wtf??)

It's simple James city where higher on the table than us so we won. Next game we play west ham who are below us on the table so we will probably lose.

Gotta love the boro. :eek:verhead:

serious14

Deej said:
What a f**king goal by Bentley though! Unbelievable!

From Ligue 1 this morning......

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=9nvp1EYnPIM

*shakes head at the insanity of it all*

Sym

Oh My..that is the perfect strike.

Bentleys was a cracker, and Jenas, and the volley for the fourth.

My word what a game, and all Spurs goalscorers were English :)

I can't imagine the carnage if Keensy and Kane watched this game together.

And Berbatov can f--k off after that effort, INCREDIBLE  :eek:

My man Franky Lampard also hit a great lob  :eek:verhead:

serious14

No really, he's this good.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=4H59qvuXhaY

Another screamer from Ligue 1 -this time Benzema has a go.......

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=2DA478j2-lg

And Bentley

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=RbOqG_w-6gg

It would seem that last night/this morning was the round of "stupendously epic goals".  That's about the only words I can think of when watching these......

FFC Mariner

So, we are away to a side we havent beaten away since 1975 and its 0-0. We hit the woodwork twice, boss the game and lose to a free header in the 85th minute.

f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k

serious14

Manchester United 4, Hull 3.  They've got to be the real deal, surely??

Stoke 2, Arsenlol 1.  Let's all laugh at Arsenal etc.  :piralaugh:

Chelsea murdered Sunderland 5-0.

Truly one of the more bonkers weeks of football I've had the pleasure of watching. Utter, utter madness.  :tv: :thumbup:

bjw

bjw
Spurs 2 - Lolerpool 1

Which makes Chelski top.

And the top 4 starting to take shape...

Chelsea
Liverpool
Man Utd
Arsenal

Auburn Mariner

keensy will be out of his mind today, with the Spurs fixing up the Scouse.

Stoke beating Arsenal, Holy Cow!!

4-1 up and we let Hull score late. Not satisfactory from the lads, Fergie will be a neo-Nazi on the training paddock this week.

BIG wins for the afore-mentioned Spurs and Wigan Athletic, AWAY to Pompey. Amr Zaki is proving an absolute menace at the moment, not bad for an ex-boxer who didn't take up football in the Egyptian Nile Delta until his mid-teens.

Chelsea are what cricketers call "flat-track bullies". They just treat ordinary sides with utter disdain.

EPL highlights show

serious14

Lollerpool.............. that game is the perfect example of why they will _not_ win the league any time soon.  You just can't do that sort of thing (a la Sydney) and expect to get away with it, time after time.

Arsenlol.........  :piralaugh:

King Harry ffs.  :headbutt:

No, really.  What the hell has happened in the last 2 weeks to the world of football??  Can this game we all love get any better??

*shakes head at the madness of it all*

serious14

And as I look to the draw for next weekend...... up pops my favourite fixture of all.  This really is the creme de la creme of the EPL:

arsenal%20badge.jpg

vs.

632px-Manchester_United_Football_Clubin_logo.svg.png

Kickoff: 8th November, 12.45pm BST, 11.45pm EDST

Recent form:

Manchester United - WWWDWW
Arsenal - LDWWDL

Arsenal, currently struggling with poor form and the inability to kill off games, suffered a further blow in their loss to Stoke with Theo Walcott stretchered off with a dislocated shoulder, as well as the suspension of Robin van Persie for this game after his challenge on the Stoke goalkeeper. How Arsenal recover from the mental mauling of the 4-4 with Tottenham, and the subsequent capitulation to Stoke last night will go a long way towards determining their form in not only the Champions League on Wednesday, but their fortitude for this game come Saturday.

It would seem that Manchester United are riding high after their 2-0 win over West Ham, and the 4-3 win over Hull (!!!), but these wins have disguised some alarming defensive deficiencies. These will be put to the full test by an Arsenal team seeking redemption. Although it seems that Alex Ferguson has adopted the mantra of "doesn't matter if we let in 3, we'll score 4". At least for now - it's hopeful at best that this would work at the Emirates.

It's also no secret that this is one of _the_ grudge matches of the EPL, and it never fails to produce many a talking point.  I know I will be parked infront of the TV come 11.45 Saturday night, jersey on, along with an estimated 1.2 billion others.  This is one of the most watched club football fixtures in the world.

If you're ever going to fire up for an EPL game, make it this one.

serious14

From Football365.com......

"And so continues one of the most remarkable runs in Premiership history, one that has been maintained over 15 matches spread over seven years without a single variation: Every time that Fulham and Everton have met in the league since the Londoners' promotion in 2001, the home side has prevailed".

Just another one of those things......

And this, for a laugh:

"Jamie Carragher

The defender has scored as many own-goals in Tottenham's favour as he has scored goals for Liverpool in the entirety of his career".

dru

I sat wondering how boro pulled a draw against West ham, I got barely three lines into the match report and it all made sense we were reffed by A Marriner. after the Mariners result ow could it end any other way ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred