• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The EPL thread

dibo

There's simply nothing more endearing than someone being personally smug at the achievements of others.

Sym

Sym said:
lol @ hate articles.

going to get nowhere in life if you worry what people think of you.
dibo said:
There's simply nothing more endearing than someone being personally smug at the achievements of others.

You dick, didn't mean what I said in reference to myself.
not my fault you didn't understand.

serious14

Depending on who you believe - Rafa has been sacked, or that the Liverpool board is sorting out how to sack him without activating to 16 million payout clause.

KRAP has failed.  :(

FFC Mariner

For anyone still upset that Cardiff didnt go up, the EPL will be missing out on this (from the game against the chavs in the FAC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph5qeytaRH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stDM7i5eWaY

bjw

bjw
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8721942.stm

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is the strong favourite to become the next manager of Liverpool, BBC Sport understands.

An announcement is not expected over the weekend, unless developments progress rapidly over the coming days.

The Reds are still exploring options as they search for a successor to Spaniard Rafael Benitez, whose six-year reign ended earlier this month.

There are another two candidates in the running but former Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is not one of them.

Hodgson has remained tight-lipped over rumours linking him with the vacant Liverpool job.

"I'm Fulham manager. I'm perfectly happy at Fulham," the BBC World Cup pundit told presenter Gary Lineker in Cape Town recently. "There's a lot of speculation but I can't enlighten you."

After six years in charge, Benitez left Liverpool by mutual consent and has since joined Champions League winners Inter Milan.

The hugely experienced Hodgson has been in charge of Fulham since December 2007, signing a new 12-month rolling contract in December 2009.

Although he suffered a difficult start to his tenure - winning only nine points from his first 13 league matches - he saved the club from relegation that season, securing survival on the final day of the campaign.

The following season he steered the club to seventh place in the Premier League in 2009 - their highest finish - and a place in the Europa League.

The 62-year-old's achievement in guiding Fulham to the final of that competition last season - beating Juventus and Wolfsburg on route - saw him named manager of the year by the League Manager's Association.

Among the previous clubs Hodgson has managed are Italian giants Inter Milan and Blackburn, while he has also taken charge of Switzerland, who he guided to the last 16 of the 1994 World Cup.

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill, former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini, ex-Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink, Croatia coach Slaven Bilic and former Manchester City manager Mark Hughes have all been linked with the Liverpool post.

jarrad

Massive news in EPL -

Liverpool will unveil Roy Hodgson as their new manager on Wednesday having agreed a 2 million compensation package with Premier League rivals Fulham for his services.

Hodgson will replace Rafael Benitez, now at Inter, who left Anfield on June 3 following a disappointing season and continuous clashes with the Liverpool hierarchy.

Discussions have been ongoing since early June and while it was reported Hodgson would wait for the outcome of talks between England manager Fabio Capello and the FA before making any concrete decision, it seems the delay was simply a case of financial negotiations between Fulham and the Reds.

Hodgson's first task will be to resolve the futures of key players such as Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres and Yossi Benayoun, all of whom have been linked with moves away from the club.

Hodgson is not new to high level management, having himself managing at Inter, while he also been in charge of Switzerland and Finland on the international scene, as well as winning league championships in Sweden and Denmark with Malmo and Copenhagen respectively.

Although the draw has yet to be made, Liverpool begin their season in late July in the third qualifying phase of the Europa League.

Manchester City have confirmed that they have concluded an agreement with Valencia to sign Spain  international David Silva.

The player is set to undergo a medical and complete his move to Eastlands after the World Cup.

The 24-year-old will then ink a four-year contract with the Premier League outfit, who are desperate to mount a challenge for at least a top four finish next season and probably the title itself.

Firstly I would like to thank Valencia as a club and all of their loyal fans, and my team mates there and staff. I have enjoyed six years at Valencia, they discovered me as a footballer and they will always be a special club for me," said Silva, according to City's official website.

The time is right for me to seek a new challenge, and I am thrilled about playing in England with Manchester City. I believe the Premier League is one of the best competitions in the world and I want to bring success to City and win trophies for them.

"I want to say that I always hoped to come to Manchester City and I am excited about my future there. They are a club with a great future with fantastic players.

"I want to be an important player in Manchester Citys history.

"There has been a lot of speculation about me in the British and Spanish media, and I need to fully concentrate on playing for Spain in the World Cup. That is why my advisors have been dealing with City for me so that I can have my attentions only on South Africa and playing well for my national team."

City manager Roberto Mancini echoed the player's delight, and was looking forward to working with the Spain star.

"I think that David Silva is one of the best midfielders in Europe, and I hope he will be a very important player for Manchester City," the Italian said.

"I am so pleased he is coming to us, I think he can make a big, big impact for Manchester City. In signing David, we are showing the World that we are bringing the best players here and that we hope to compete to win the Premier League. When players see what is happening at Manchester City and the ambition they are attracted to what we are building and want to be a part of it."

"I hope he does very well for Spain in the World Cup and then joins us for our pre-season, ready to compete in the Premier League. I am very excited about seeing him playing for Manchester City."

Massive massive signing for City.

bjw

bjw
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/02/2006525/breaking-news-liverpool-midfielder-yossi-benayoun-joins

Yossi Benayoun ----> Chelsea

J

jiggles

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/05/18/1929985/chelsea-face-tight-battle-with-barcelona-for-liverpool

I can dream, right?

Saffron

poko said:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/05/18/1929985/chelsea-face-tight-battle-with-barcelona-for-liverpool

I can dream, right?

Not having a go, but could you pull an older story?? Was well before Villa had gone to Barcelona.

And all signs point to Hodgson's signing being enough to keep Gerrard and Torres at the club for this year at least.

FFC Mariner

Hodgsons record of handling ego's is pretty poor tbh.

He pushed Bullard out because he didnt like having someone throwing their weight around and his falling out with players at Blackburn is a matter of record.

Expect a team of grateful journeymen who are v hard to beat

dibo

FFC Mariner said:
Hodgsons record of handling ego's is pretty poor tbh.

He pushed Bullard out because he didnt like having someone throwing their weight around and his falling out with players at Blackburn is a matter of record.

Expect a team of grateful journeymen who are v hard to beat

i'd honestly take that very happily over half a dressing room glittering with stars who can't be arsed and half a dressing room of dross with a glimmer what was once thought to be potential but is now clearly just the shine of a lightly polished turd.

if they could play to a plan and execute it consistently they'll go alright. liverpool have in recent years done best when they had a plan and carried it out rather than losing their heads 20 minutes into games and looking utterly f**king toothless. they need players proud to achieve rather than scared to disappoint.

FFC Mariner

Stories from Fulham players are that training is repeat after repeat after repeat of holding their shape and following the plan.

One said that they found it mindlessly boring doing the same drills over and over. Then they found that they were able to keep to the plan for 90 mins and it all clicked.

Expect 442/4411 with a rigid shape, wide players tucking in the minute they lose the ball to keep 2 lines of 4 at all times and strangle the opposition.

Possibly the greatest English coach of his generation IF the players will do what he says

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred