• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The COVID Chat

Pirate Pete

Vic health is allegedly a complete shambles - who was their health minister before becoming premier again?
Yes, I've heard this.
I didn't really understand it all. But somehow it's run totally differently to NSW for example.
Had done for many years under governments of both red & blue.

pjennings

Yes, I've heard this.
I didn't really understand it all. But somehow it's run totally differently to NSW for example.
Had done for many years under governments of both red & blue.
It all goes back to the Kennett years

Kennett downsized the public hospital system and closed a large number of hospitals. He implemented a policy of privatising public hospitals and also co-locations. The government simply cut funds to hospitals and left them to sort out the mess and ration care as best they could.

Unrealistic financial goals were set, morale declined, problems relating to gross understaffing occurred such as high infection rates in surgeries .

The nurses and the doctors were the first to complain about care. Vast numbers of beds were closed and staff drastically reduced. The nurses went of strike in protest. and many disillusioned nurses left the profession in droves never to return.

When the ALP regained power in 1999 they started to reopen badly needed beds but there were no longer the nurses needed in system and Vic has been playing catch up ever since under both the ALP and the Coalition.

marinermick

In my work I have dealings with both health systems.

While I can’t comment specifically about their Covid response and resources in this area I know first hand the Vic health system is far superior to NSW in many areas such as mental health, oncology and auto immune disease.

Shaun Mielekamp

It's true.
Trickling from the leader down.
Hi iggythump

Please know that whilst the forum here is aimed to be a safe place to have any discussion about the Mariners making allegations that imply things can be misconscrued and causes unexpected stress and harm. Just so you know your comment above was perceived by some as being directed at myself as the "leader". As such I have had to communicate to some very concerned members in regards to my own position on the matter - these members obviously had not seen my personal social media where I made the decision to get vaccinated. I am guessing that I am not who you are referring to here but I wanted to flag this with everyone on the forum.

If you would like to express any concern about anyone at the club I am happy to discuss them directly with you whether that is about actions in the private and confidential changeroom or in public as everyone at the club is aware that at all times they represent the Central Coast Mariners.

If you are just making unsubstantiated comments then please consider the ramifications of this.

I would like to discuss your concerns directly with you and please feel free to email me or call me directly as the forum is not the place to make allegations in regards to the actions of any Central Coast Mariners staff member or player: my email is shaunm@ccmariners.com.au or mobile is 0401537777

This topic is one of the most passionate and divisive issues in the world today, as a club we will like any organisation ensure as much as we can that we inform our staff with the most upto date and credible information. Plus we have a very strict covid protocols in place to follow the governments directives and intent to comply with the NSW health orders in every aspect.

I look forward to connecting and clearing the air here.

Kilsin

I got sick of waiting for Pfizer and ended up getting my first AZ jab on Saturday, luckily no side effects, just have to monitor signs for clotting for a couple of months. Looking forward to getting my second in 10 weeks and sitting in my members' seat at a Mariners game as soon as they let us! :)

marinermick

I got sick of waiting for Pfizer and ended up getting my first AZ jab on Saturday, luckily no side effects, just have to monitor signs for clotting for a couple of months. Looking forward to getting my second in 10 weeks and sitting in my members' seat at a Mariners game as soon as they let us! :)

I was online at an immunology conference on the weekend and there is new data coming out that antibodies are not dropping as fast with AZ compared to Pz, and while your protection from getting Covid is better with Pz, you are actually less chance of getting hospitalised and dying from Covid with AZ.

Kilsin

I was online at an immunology conference on the weekend and there is new data coming out that antibodies are not dropping as fast with AZ compared to Pz, and while your protection from getting Covid is better with Pz, you are actually less chance of getting hospitalised and dying from Covid with AZ.
That's good news mate, thanks.

bikinigirl

. if you don't mind me asking (and i realise a lot of people are still waiting for their first jabs) ...
  • what is the current thinking on boosters - as in when?
  • would the recommendation be to mix 'em up a bit (source and/or technology)?
  • and to keep with the thread theme ... which provides the most reliable Paramount+ connection?

Wombat

. if you don't mind me asking (and i realise a lot of people are still waiting for their first jabs) ...
  • and to keep with the thread theme ... which provides the most reliable Paramount+ connection?
I got AZ yesterday at 2pm. Last night I had no effects and was dancing to The Voice. During the night my calfs got a bit sore and I had the chills and sweats but I was up at 7.30am and just felt hungover (haven't had a drink since Sat) when I got up. I do have a mild headache and my body is sore but it was sore before due to lack of massage. I have no soreness in my arm.
All in all I think there is nothing to fear in this Vax but my mate got one at 3pm yesterday and he was shivering and had a pounding headache at 6.30pm. I talked him out of getting on the Bourbon and he went to bed. I think for most people 2 days of feeling a little off is the standard.
I dont know if it has been fine turned but the reports of people having to go to hospital and staying in bed for 3 days seems much less than before.
I am booked in for the 2nd Jab in 4 weeks time.

Corsair

staying in bed for 3 days
PF first dose hit me hard, bed for 2 days, useless for another 3 days with flu symptoms. Haven't felt so sick in years. 2nd dose had a sore arm and tired for half a day, that was it.

This weird rash has appeared on my arm though, seems to get better the closer to the City i get. ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210830-061007_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20210830-061007_LinkedIn.jpg
    935 KB · Views: 7

marinermick

I got AZ yesterday at 2pm. Last night I had no effects and was dancing to The Voice. During the night my calfs got a bit sore and I had the chills and sweats but I was up at 7.30am and just felt hungover (haven't had a drink since Sat) when I got up. I do have a mild headache and my body is sore but it was sore before due to lack of massage. I have no soreness in my arm.
All in all I think there is nothing to fear in this Vax but my mate got one at 3pm yesterday and he was shivering and had a pounding headache at 6.30pm. I talked him out of getting on the Bourbon and he went to bed. I think for most people 2 days of feeling a little off is the standard.
I dont know if it has been fine turned but the reports of people having to go to hospital and staying in bed for 3 days seems much less than before.
I am booked in for the 2nd Jab in 4 weeks time.

Absolutely hanging for an East Gosford Thai massage. Sitting at a desk for nine hours a day is brutal. Desperately need an eye test as well as my vision has deteriorated after subsequent lockdowns and increased screen time.

marinermick

It is hard to know with emerging variants and current knowledge but that third dose will need to be sooner rather than later. Israel has already jabbed two of their nine million population with a third jab.

The mix and match is a bit unknown as well but there is some science that this is the way to go. I think our third will be next year some time and perhaps Moderna.

midfielder

Absolutely hanging for an East Gosford Thai massage. Sitting at a desk for nine hours a day is brutal. Desperately need an eye test as well as my vision has deteriorated after subsequent lockdowns and increased screen time.
MM

Heard any think at your end... WHO issuing a warning there is a new South African Variant, that's twice as infectious and vaccine resistant..

{quote] There are growing concerns a new COVID-19 variant detected in South Africa could be resistant to vaccines after a study revealed it's more infectious and moves 'twice as fast' as other variants including Delta.

A new coronavirus variant has been detected in South Africa, with experts fearing it could be resistant to vaccines due to its highly infectious nature.
The variant, known as C.1.2, was first identified in May 2021 and has since been found in England, China, Portugal, Switzerland and New Zealand.

A new preprint study by South Africa's National Institute for Communicable Diseases says the new variant, believed to have evolved from C.1, has "concerning constellations of mutations".

Ancient Mariner

It appears that the efficacy of the current vaccines begin to wane at about 6 months, so a booster will probably be required between 6 to 12 months. Next year this will probably be Moderna, as stocks have already been ordered.
Different vaccines for repeat doses are usually more effective. The data is still being gathered for Covid 19.
All bets are off if a totally new variant that is resistant to current vaccines emerges.

Ancient Mariner

MM

Heard any think at your end... WHO issuing a warning there is a new South African Variant, that's twice as infectious and vaccine resistant..

{quote] There are growing concerns a new COVID-19 variant detected in South Africa could be resistant to vaccines after a study revealed it's more infectious and moves 'twice as fast' as other variants including Delta.

A new coronavirus variant has been detected in South Africa, with experts fearing it could be resistant to vaccines due to its highly infectious nature.
The variant, known as C.1.2, was first identified in May 2021 and has since been found in England, China, Portugal, Switzerland and New Zealand.

A new preprint study by South Africa's National Institute for Communicable Diseases says the new variant, believed to have evolved from C.1, has "concerning constellations of mutations".

[/QUOTE]
I would believe nothing I hear from Skynews , worse than the Murdoch press for incorrect sensationalism.

Here is a link to the US CDC which has a very good summary of the current active Covid 19 variants.

bikinigirl

It is hard to know with emerging variants and current knowledge but that third dose will need to be sooner rather than later. Israel has already jabbed two of their nine million population with a third jab.

The mix and match is a bit unknown as well but there is some science that this is the way to go. I think our third will be next year some time and perhaps Moderna.

. appreciate the response

. it is now 3 months since my second fizzer jab ... and being immunocompromised i figure the effectiveness will be dying off about the time that things open up again and all hell breaks loose - sticking me back in the firing line

bikinigirl

It appears that the efficacy of the current vaccines begin to wane at about 6 months, so a booster will probably be required between 6 to 12 months. Next year this will probably be Moderna, as stocks have already been ordered.
Different vaccines for repeat doses are usually more effective. The data is still being gathered for Covid 19.
All bets are off if a totally new variant that is resistant to current vaccines emerges.

. thanks for that one too ... kinda as i suspected

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred