• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The COVID Chat

pjennings

Yet they are thinking of delaying the aleague season because of the borders ?
NSW still won't be at 70% by Oct 7 at the current rate. Crowds may be allowed if they get there.

As for the A-League some jurisdictions (WA) aren't due to get to 80% until Dec. If the A-League wants crowds they may just start with some NSW (due at 80% on the first weekend) home based games for a few weeks then redo the draw as states open up.

Tony Pignata also said 3 days ago that they are still planning for the end of October start.

Last edited:

Coastalraider

I would be expecting some hubs to be set - NSW-,NZ / Vic,Qld,Wa for example. play out a few weeks worth of rounds to get the first month or so underway while borders are shut.

turbo

I would be expecting some hubs to be set - NSW-,NZ / Vic,Qld,Wa for example. play out a few weeks worth of rounds to get the first month or so underway while borders are shut.
This is my line of thinking too. Scheduling the start of the season to minimize chances of border issues and not being caught out if one or two regions are late to the party. Nix might be here for a little while though.

Tevor

This is my line of thinking too. Scheduling the start of the season to minimize chances of border issues and not being caught out if one or two regions are late to the party. Nix might be here for a little while though.
Really no different to last season and it worked OK last season under the circumstances. QLD and WA are the problem children in a National Sport however if you flash enough cash at Anastasia like the knuckle draggers did even the WAGS can travel.

Allreet?

Really no different to last season and it worked OK last season under the circumstances. QLD and WA are the problem children in a National Sport however if you flash enough cash at Anastasia like the knuckle draggers did even the WAGS can travel.
Aaah, there's our problem.

turbo

I think once the states open up we won’t have much chance of disruptions it’ll just be getting going that’s the challenge for some like WA. NZ could remain an issue for a bit longer but I really hope he Nix get at least half a season at home.

pjennings

In all honesty, you can forget being back at zero cases ever again. Focus was always going to shift to vaccination rates at some stage and really the country has NSW to "thank" for speeding this up by default.

And NSW has the country to thank as we took all the Pfizer from the other states. Sorry let's reword that - Sydney has the rest of the country to thank because regional NSW have also been dudded.

scottmac

Suspended
Could you imagine the media noise if it was Dan Andrews that forced it?
Exactly. In fact, the Feds should have taken the cue from the Vic outbreak or the state of play in any other country, but no, it took Kevin Rudd pulling strings with Pfizer. Embarrassing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred