• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The 2018/19 Positives Thread

Wombat

Gambling is for Mugs folks.

I had 15 bets this weekend. I won 11 and lost 4 but i made a profit of only $8.00. Sydney losing in Brisbane (and no goals in the 1st half) badly affected the PL but it makes you wonder if the spreadsheets they use are too effective.
Kennedy gifting them a goal in the first half saved my goal in each half bet but I need someone to give me a tip. Is it better to just jump on a massive Bookies blunder when they overprice a team due to not watching the game...but only looking at the previous result. Or bet smart and small and keep building the bank??

Ancient Mariner

Gambling is for Mugs folks.

I had 15 bets this weekend. I won 11 and lost 4 but i made a profit of only $8.00. Sydney losing in Brisbane (and no goals in the 1st half) badly affected the PL but it makes you wonder if the spreadsheets they use are too effective.
Kennedy gifting them a goal in the first half saved my goal in each half bet but I need someone to give me a tip. Is it better to just jump on a massive Bookies blunder when they overprice a team due to not watching the game...but only looking at the previous result. Or bet smart and small and keep building the bank??

Mate, you answered yourself before you asked the question.

LFCMariners

I got this current seasons' away strip for Christmas, it's a simple and classic look and arguably the best jersey the club has had since inception.

If fortunes change dramatically change from here and crowds improve, I'll get to wear it while singing "Where were you when we were shit?" and nobody will question the right of me to sing it.

If fortunes don't change and the club relocates to Canberra it'll give me more excuses to go down and stay with friends. I know the town fairly well by now. For the best game-day experience, I recommend going for an afternoons' bike ride along any one of the many purpose-built paths, stopping in for a late lunch at Macca's and then heading diectly to Bruce, chaining your bike up, finding a seat close to halfway and then opening your hip-flask for those bracing Canberra evenings.

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

If it were a team and club moving I would be tempted to follow.
But really, if it happens it is just a licence and Charlesworth.
No way in hell.

NoDiggity

Gotta work in Sydney. Hopefully No Diggity can take a peek.
I’ll duck down tomorrow if they’re at pluim, I’m working in Narara. Shaun did say that they’re training 2 days a week back at the COE so unsure of where they’ll be training

Antlion

4642324-16x9-700x394.jpg

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Tell you what, Clisby was back to his old form , maybe he was one of the unwanted Mulvians , he might spark up under Staj

Forum Phoenix

Tell you what, Clisby was back to his old form , maybe he was one of the unwanted Mulvians , he might spark up under Staj
Has looked much better last two games.

Maybe when he saw Rowles was preferred he went into his shell. His form dipped alarmingly though. So I’m still pretty iffy on him as someone to build a new era with.

turbo

Maybe when he saw Rowles was preferred he went into his shell. His form dipped alarmingly though. So I’m still pretty iffy on him as someone to build a new era with.
It's a tricky one, would be interesting to know what he felt contributed to that. I feel like he's worth a punt at the right price if he can show some confidence and we have a junior defender we can groom for succession like we did with Rowles last season. Also showed the loss hit him hard on the weekend which shows he actually cares.

Coastalraider

I hope every player gets a nice one on one with the new manager this week - open book, private conversations.

A little love and understanding coupled with a hard stick is what needed right now I think.

'What can we do to make you perform better - and what will you do for us'?

Big Al

Has looked much better last two games.

Just put him on corners for F sake.

He was delivering absolute beauties in preseason.

Rowles is more a CB.

A tight back four would see Clisby excell imo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred