• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tards Round 1 Match Thread

Jesus

Jesus
FFC Mariner said:
So we are agreed that the scapegoat oder for this season is:

1) Hutch
2) Kwas

Since when was hutch top scapegoat in a team with kwassie?

Is clark still injured or is he back?

Lawrie saying he is hopeful travis will have his visa means he will be thinking of playing him at least off the bench.

clarence

------Danny------
Boogs---Wilko---Doig---Heff
-----------Pedj------------
Porter----McGlinchey----Hutch
-------Simon-----Mrdja-----

Subs: Clark, Caceres, Travis, Redmayne (or sub goalie?), Kwasnik

Logic tells me that Archie will come out firing and that Muscat will be testing new players to Mariners squad. Unless McGlinchey can stand up for himself (and/or folks like Simon or Doug step in and 'resolve' the issue) he may end up first replacement ahead of Mrdja.

Would be happy with a tight draw, but if we catch them on a bad night we may snatch a win. Maybe 1-1 or 0-0?

Bear

---------Danny--------
Pedj--Wilko---Doig-----Heff
Kwaz-Hutch-McGlinch-Travis
------Simon--Mrdja--------

Subs: Porter Caceres Boogs Keeper

dibo

4-2-3-1 farken!

-----------Danny------------
--Boogs--Wilko--Doig--Heff--
-------Pedj----Hutch--------
----Kwas-McGlinch-Travis----
-----------Simon------------

From what I've seen/heard, all three of the advanced 3 in the midfield are capable of bombing on and creating the extra man and offer more points of attack. Both Pedj and Hutch can play the tempo role and help to screen the back 4. And Mrdja out because I'm simply not convinced he'll deliver.

Forum Phoenix

Jesus said:
FFC Mariner said:
So we are agreed that the scapegoat oder for this season is:

1) Hutch
2) Kwas

Since when was hutch top scapegoat in a team with kwassie?

Is clark still injured or is he back?

Lawrie saying he is hopeful travis will have his visa means he will be thinking of playing him at least off the bench.

I heard Clarkey would be out for the opener.

clarence

Dibo: you have 3 lightweight attacking midfielders there and the old bugger in Melbourne named Musc**t will surely get in their faces.
(Kwassi for all I love the guy personally, doesn't niggle and aggravate defenders much and is more often than not, at the receiving end of extra attention rather than dishing it out. McGlinchey and Travis are new chums and yet to meet the ogre that is the Musc**t!)

One reason why I had bigger guys like Mrdja and Simon starting, and Porter and Hutch on the midfield wings (they know what to expect).

Jesus

Jesus
I think muscat is well in decline, though still a big figure for them, will be interesting to see if he plays out the season, and in what form

dibo

muscat is going to struggle more and more against pacier players.

we've had a very slow team, i think we need to trust pace sometimes. qld have done it pretty well. don't underestimate the strength of little guys either - playing in scotland or the championship you're not going to flap about like a paper kite.

bikinigirl

. ok so i am prepared to be shot to pieces by people that actually know what they are talking about ... but what about a back 3? now i haven't seen doig or mcglinchey play but i will take the forum input as close to gospel

. my dodgy theory is that anybody coming from deep/at speed should be picked up by the midfield tracking their runs ... and i realise archie will be faster than our back 3 from a standing start (so whats new?)

. maybe
        dv
  aw  cd  nb
bp  pb  jh  dh
  mm        ak
          ms

. with heff and brad doing the work of four (because they can run) as sort of wingybacky types, mcglinch & kwassi doin' all kinds of funky stuff as more attacking mids than forwards

. is this just creating too many problems/gaps? educate me please peoples ....

neverwozza

Archie will embarass us more than he normally does if Wilko & Boogs start next to each other. He's one player that has really exploited how slow our defenders are at times.

bulldogmariner

Archie has destroyed most teams in this league in the last 4 years. I would think that he is again ready for a bumper season. Doig will start alongside Wilko at the back. I would think Porter may play right back in this game to look after Hernadez and Berger making runs down the Victory left. Might be a lucky for Elrich and or Adrian as they might get a start.

midfielder

Children Children behave ... maybe its the Jack after a very hard week and the through of playing two games on Sunday ... But under the radar, Fozzie I can accept, but the fans site no...

Have you noticed something similar about our major signings ... Travis, McGlinchy both coming off injuries that stalled their EPL careers ... if they are fit they will be out to prove to the folks back home they are ready for the EPL again... Doig another player whose career has been injury affected... Huke again young and I assume wanting to get back to Europe at some stage..

Meaning we have two players in Travis, McGlinchy who will be playing to prove they are ready to return to the EPL.. Huke also wanting to go back to Europe... add the return of Elrich who wants his Socceroo right mid position back...

We are going to win IMO Travis, McGlinchy have the potential to tear this league apart..

OK OK OK one handed typing stopped ... but lets stop with all the down talk ... we have purchased some class if we have a injury free season by Fark we have a side .. defense still concerns me and hope we sigh a right or center back pronto.

nero

If that midfield plays I believe you. We have huge potential if they shine. We need Lawrie to select them though.

If we go back to that midfield from last year.........

Don't want to see Porter at RB he needs to be in the midfield.  Hutch and Kwasy should start on the bench. I can see them being great impact players.

Kareem

My lineup (wont happen) would be
                        Vukovic
Bojic        Wilko              Doig            Heff
                            Huke
                Travis
  Elrich            McGlinchey        Caceres
                        Simon

Bojic has the pace that Boogs lack
I think at this time Elrich and caceres will be replaced by Hutch + Kwas (or pushing Bojic into mids)

bjw

bjw
Kareem said:
                        Vukovic
                            Huke
                Travis
                        Simon

I think at this time Elrich and caceres will be replaced by Hutch + Kwas (or pushing Bojic into mids)

Huke is injured, isnt he?

-------Vukovic--------
Bojic--Doig (C)--Wilko--Heff
---Elrich---Travis----Caceres-
---------Kwasnik-----------
------Simon-----Mrdja-----

Bench- Hutch, Porter, Keeper, McGlinchey

Atomic

Has the issue of who wears the arm band been decided yet? I agree with brennan... Doig (C) ... and I assume you meant the C stands for "captain"  ;)

bjw

bjw
Atomic said:
Has the issue of who wears the arm band been decided yet? I agree with brennan... Doig (C) ... and I assume you meant the C stands for "captain"   ;)
Yes, (C) means 'captain'.
As it has been said before 'Wilko is _NOT_ a captain.

Doig will become captain (hopefully)

Kareem

brennan said:
Kareem said:
                        Vukovic
                             Huke
                Travis
                         Simon

Huke is injured, isnt he?

-------Vukovic--------
Bojic--Doig (C)--Wilko--Heff
---Elrich---Travis----Caceres-
---------Kwasnik-----------
------Simon-----Mrdja-----

Bench- Hutch, Porter, Keeper, McGlinchey
yer Huke is injured...

i have one problem tbh with your formation....
the 4-3-1-2 depends on the wide players in the 3 (ie. elrich + caceres) to defend reasonably well...thats not gonna happen (hence why i prefer 4-2-3-1)
i mean there is a decent chance we will use the 4-3-2-1 but the 'wide' men would be more suited IMO to be players like Hutch, Porter, Heff, Travis
Last year we played players like andre, osman etc.
I am just afraid playing elrich and caceres in the 3 would be dangerous vs Melbourne...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred