• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tards Round 1 Match Thread

Jesus

Jesus
pommypete said:
We still haven't won down there.

Didnt we win there in season 1? Or do you mean the dome in particular?

I remember us at one stage having a good record at olympic park?

bjw

bjw
Our line-up depends on whether or not we sign these Jamacians, and what their positions are, etc.

Kwasnik is better on the wing then in a striker position. (or maybe we could play him in behind the strikers)

No idea how Laurie will pick the team, alot of 'good' headaches to have I spose.

Ursus

Jesus said:
midfielder said:
First for the season

My run on team assuming all fit aside from Huke & Matty who are still out as I understand it . Remember it is a Thursday night game as well... so about a week away...

Danny

Pedji       Wilko         Doig         Heff

Elrich       Travis        Porter     Caceras

Mrdja     McGlinchey      

Bench: Boogs, Macca, Redders, Hutch, 

Mariners victory 2 - 1... Travis & McGlinchey to score...

Cant see elrich or caceras starting.
Pedj would have to be cm  given how much he has played there this pre-season.

For me the lineup i expect is

Danny

Boogs      Wilko      Doig     Sonic

Porter     Mcgl       Pedj       Malta Int

Simon     Kwas

Bench travis, elrich/caceras, Macca/mrdja, Redders/yth keeper

If macca is not injured he would take a place up front, simon may start from bench depending on fitness.

Mariners to surprise many with a 2-0 win. Wilko a stand out with doigs help.

Heffernan header and Simon tap in from porter cross.

Barring injuries I think you are spot on with the line up.
Hope your score prediction is good too.

marinermick

Sean said:
nero said:
Maltese Int. on the bench for this one. If we need someone to fall over, bring him on.

Or someone to blame/lynch if we're losing 4-1.

what do you mean losing 4-1?

even if we are drawing or win 1-0, or even if he scores the winning goal with a cracker

nero

LOL. Our Hutch is loved by many, hated by some. If he can recapture season 3's form then I will change my mind about him.

If he plays like last season.....Let him join the Malta league.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Holy crap.....didn't realise how close the season was.

16-0 to Melbourne.  All 16 goals to come from corners, all from whichever player Hutcho is supposed to be marking, and all goals to go straight to an open back post.

I mean, yes, I'm totally pumped about this season ;)

Sean

nero said:
LOL. Our Hutch is loved by many, hated by some. If he can recapture season 3's form then I will change my mind about him.

If he plays like last season.....Let him join the Malta league.

and for the rest of the team?

Forum Phoenix

Jesus said:
midfielder said:
First for the season

My run on team assuming all fit aside from Huke & Matty who are still out as I understand it . Remember it is a Thursday night game as well... so about a week away...

Danny

Pedji      Wilko        Doig        Heff

Elrich      Travis        Porter    Caceras

Mrdja    McGlinchey     

Bench: Boogs, Macca, Redders, Hutch, 

Mariners victory 2 - 1... Travis & McGlinchey to score...

Cant see elrich or caceras starting.
Pedj would have to be cm  given how much he has played there this pre-season.

For me the lineup i expect is

Danny

Boogs      Wilko      Doig    Sonic

Porter    Mcgl      Pedj      Malta Int

Simon    Kwas

Bench travis, elrich/caceras, Macca/mrdja, Redders/yth keeper

If macca is not injured he would take a place up front, simon may start from bench depending on fitness.

Mariners to surprise many with a 2-0 win. Wilko a stand out with doigs help.

Heffernan header and Simon tap in from porter cross.

Thanks for saving me time heyzeus!
Thats my line up, excepting I think it's possible we could see a 4 2 3 1 instead of the Lawrie's favoured 442. Happy to be wrong as I generally love a more attacking formation and a a win would be outstanding... but even a point against the tards at the home would be a great opener.

That said I think we can get a win. We are a better squad than last year now I believe (whereas they are the same) and excluding that 70th minute collapse, for mine we looked like one of the few teams who potentially could do MV last season...

Mariners 1 zip in an absolute nail biter.

As to the Hutch bashers, does it ever get old? Personally a week out from opening the season I don't want to see any of our players getting ragged on. and can we please not turn into Bling fc?
:vomit:

How about we try showing a little solidarity and manning up for our club. Hutch has done a lot more good than ill for this side over the years and at the very least deserves a bit of respect. That said, its tiring that people just can't understand his job. Whose your hold up man going to be? Caceres? Elrich? Travis? Porter? Hutch has a role, you may not like it, but he does it well and the team needs it. He's also had a very strong pre season so why people want to see him dropped on previous form is beyond me. And it's not like he's a triallist whose never performed over a season for us before? He's been one of our biggest contributors over the years, and now it looks like he's in form. Or hey, we can just stick with the Lawrie whose actual job could end up on the line, is just playing favourites routine. To what end? So Hutch will still invite him to his B'day parties? Re assess pickle heads.

Roy Law

What's this about blaming Hutch for goals from corners?? How about O'Grady, Bojic, Huke, Osman and Porter for starters?

Wombat

Roy Law said:
What's this about blaming Hutch for goals from corners?? How about O'Grady, Bojic, Huke, Osman and Porter for starters?

You forgot Boogs, Wilko, Clarke and Heff.

Wombat

Danny

Boogs        Wilko        Doig        Heff

Elrich              Travis        McClinchey    Caceras

Simon    Macca

Bench: Porter, Mrdja, Redders, Bojic, Kwas or Hutch.

For me thats our strongest team but we won't line up like that apart from the back 4.

I won't bang on about Hutcho and if he does play DM then I hope he plays well, proves us wrong and cements the position due to strong performance not due to unbalanced squad.

bulldogmariner

DMAC will not play according to this-

CENTRAL Coast won't gamble with Dylan Macallister for the A-League pipe-opener against champions Melbourne Victory next week despite scans clearing the big striker of another trip to the operating theatre.

Macallister required shoulder surgery after the ill-fated Asian Champions League campaign and it was feared he might have needed a cartilage operation following the team's final hit-out against Wellington in Dubbo.

"The scans are OK. Dylan can resume training on Monday but there's really no need to risk him next week," Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna said yesterday.

"The other three guys (Matt Simon, Nik Mrdja and Adam Kwasnik) are all fit."

Despite finishing with a string of poor results last season and not winning a game in the ACL, McKinna expects better things of the Mariners.

"Last season is in the past," he said. "We've had a good pre-season, not losing in seven games.

"We can approach the new season with confidence.

"Sure it's a tough one first up against Melbourne (next Thursday at Etihad Stadium) but the new players give us something different."

McKinna said defender Chris Doig had a real presence about him and was a very good communicator.

"Nicky Travis and Michael McGlinchey provide us with more options in attack from midfield," he said.

"We are just hoping we get Nicky's visa finalised in time."

UnitedsNo9

I am sure that elrich and caceres will not start..... They are the last people to be picked for our starting 11 at the moment for me.... They both bring something to the team but are no means starting 11 with the squad we have.

So I guess If Macca dosn't play/start it will be interesting to see who starts up with kwas.
Is Matty ready to start an A-League game???
Is Nik ready to start an A-Laegue game???
Does Travis or Son of Mac get a run up front??
Does Caceras start up front??
Or do we change to lone striker (kwas) for this round??
I'm don't kniow where to put my money TBH

Ursus

Do not forget Hutch as a striker (V2) when we were desperate up front before.

Or will he be played in his true position (of many years ago) on the wing.

Deej

UnitedsNo9 said:
I am sure that elrich and caceres will not start..... They are the last people to be picked for our starting 11 at the moment for me.... They both bring something to the team but are no means starting 11 with the squad we have.

So I guess If Macca dosn't play/start it will be interesting to see who starts up with kwas.

Based on how they've been training I'd expect

----------------Danny
Boogs------Doig-----Wilko------Heff
Porter-----Pedj----McGlinchey---Hutch
-----------Simon----Kwas

Bench - Redders, Mrdja, Caceres, Elrich, Travis, Clark - Any of these depending on what Lawrie wants

Wombat

UnitedsNo9 said:

Kwas is not much chop as a striker and it would be a disaster to isolate him up front.  I'd expect LM to go with Simon and Kwas as his strikers.

pjennings

Deej said:
UnitedsNo9 said:

Based on how they've been training I'd expect

----------------Danny
Boogs------Doig-----Wilko------Heff
Porter-----Pedj----McGlinchey---Hutch
-----------Simon----Kwas

Bench - Redders, Mrdja, Caceres, Elrich, Travis, Clark - Any of these depending on what Lawrie wants

Boogs will struggle at right back for speed against Melbourne and I'm sure that Porter will be asked to do a lot of defence to back him up.

I haven't seen preseason. However, if Travis is available (Visa) I wouldn't be surpised to see Porter drop back to RB and Travis come in at RM.

Apart from that I think it is spot on. 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred