• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney FC v Mariners

Bex

Greenpoleffc said:
Seriously though, if you get a chance to watch the replay of the first few mins after the game, the majority of the SFC players were clearly gutted. All except one who was laughing his head off with Hutcho. Yep, Mr $1.4mil himself.

We know he has no loyalty to us anymore but it looks like he couldnt give a shit about SFC either.

Yeh, now that you mention it I remember seeing Aloisi having a laugh with Hutch at the end of the game. It says a lot about his lack of commitment to Sydney FC eh.

Ted

Bex said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Seriously though, if you get a chance to watch the replay of the first few mins after the game, the majority of the SFC players were clearly gutted. All except one who was laughing his head off with Hutcho. Yep, Mr $1.4mil himself.

We know he has no loyalty to us anymore but it looks like he couldnt give a shit about SFC either.

Yeh, now that you mention it I remember seeing Aloi$i having a laugh with Hutch at the end of the game. It says a lot about his lack of commitment to Sydney FC eh.

Its a catch 22 situation, he wasn't delivering on the pitch so gets benched and now he's been benched, he can't play well. Although just because he is no longer a Mariner, doesn't mean the friendships he made while he was one are now null and void.

Bex

Yeh, I have no problem with him being mates with Hutcho. But the first thing on his mind is to have a laugh with his old mates rather than immerse himself in the dissapointment of the Mariners scoring three unanswered goals to secure a draw at Sydney's home ground. That says a lot about his lack of commitment to Sydney FC in my opinion.

FFC Mariner

Not saying that he has to ignore his mates post game, it was just striking that all of the other SFC players were cleary upset by the fact that they had f**ked it up so completely but he didnt seem to give a toss.

Ted

He only played a small portion of the game anyway and blame couldn't be laid at his feet I guess.

clarence

Jaza_SFC said:
Keeper_Herbs said:
CLearly Kosmina isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.. 3 attacking players on the bench clearly means he thought they would be chasing the game ;)

Or our squad was raped by missing players and it was the last three players we had. In conjunction with our already depleted backline.

LOL, fools

Your club are the stupid c**ts who went into the season with a short playing roster (1 player less) as you paid everyone so much money, you couldn't afford another decent squad backup for fear of smashing the salary cap, ffs.

You guys are just so f**king lucky that youth guys like Busch and his partner in the CB roles have actually stood up to be counted and proving more than their worth. What would have happened if these guys were still too raw and you fronted up to Melbourne and us, with kids who got stage fright. You would have had a 10 goal deficit by now!

mariners4ever

clarence said:
Jaza_SFC said:
Keeper_Herbs said:
CLearly Kosmina isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.. 3 attacking players on the bench clearly means he thought they would be chasing the game ;)

Or our squad was raped by missing players and it was the last three players we had. In conjunction with our already depleted backline.

LOL, fools

Your club are the stupid c**ts who went into the season with a short playing roster (1 player less) as you paid everyone so much money, you couldn't afford another decent squad backup for fear of smashing the salary cap, ffs.

so did we lol  ( i think )

clarence

mariners4ever said:
clarence said:
Jaza_SFC said:
Keeper_Herbs said:

LOL, fools

so did we lol  ( i think )

I think we did so, but for different reasons. (One spot left just in case)
Sydney ran up the salary bill, and then said, whoa hold on a moment we can't afford anyone else. They were very active in getting Colosimo out of Perth, and Musialik and Bridge out of Newcastle, beating existing club offers quite conclusively I believe.
Not to mention, keeping Popovic and co happy at Sydney.

FFC Mariner

No one chooses who gets injured in what positions, thats just silly.

What would happen if our injuries were to 3 of the front men and not midfield and defence? You reckon we could go into HAL games with Brady up front? Good player but 2 or 3 seasons off being ready.

It wasnt the bench or squad that caused SFC's epic fail on Saturday it was the obvious lack of team spirit (folded at 3-1 really) together with kossies dumb decision to go to 10 men when "the shadow" came on.

clarence

True that you can't predict who will get injured for the season.
But I reckon that Sydney's plight is self induced through sheer avarice in getting 2 midfielders and 1 striker in competition with their existing clubs, and stopped short by the salary cap in getting the full playing roster as result of those contracts.
And also true that throwing Aloi$i on was possibly a bad move - but who else was there on the bench - when you needed a player who would chase for the ball and run with a  counter attack, instead of standing up at halfway yelling "kick it to me".
As for them losing spirit, it has happened to us (we were 3 up against Sydney in that infamous 5-4 loss where Talay broke Heff's leg), it happened to Adelaide when they were 3-0 against us recently, and it will probably happen more as the season goes on. That's football - sometimes a team will come back with more fight than those who think they have it in the bag. :thumbup:

marinermick

we capitulated against sydney because we lost danny early in the game

as was shown with the beauchamp red in season one it is an almost impossible task to win with one player down for so long in a game

FFC Mariner

I still am not even sure that was a pen let alone a red card offence. I reckon Dwight dived.

But I could be biased I spose

:)

Jesus

Jesus
Greenpoleffc said:
I still am not even sure that was a pen let alone a red card offence. I reckon Dwight dived.

But I could be biased I spose

:)

Was not a penalty, very minimal contact, dwight made the most of it.

I am still seething on that, but this last game has made me a happier man

Jaza_SFC

Because it was a pretty nothing foul. Far from intentional.

SOmetimes these things just happen. From memory it was a yellow?

Jesus

Jesus
Jaza_SFC said:

It was studs up from behind wasnt it? Definately cynical at best. Both red card offences. Ive never got away with a challenge like that, and i have never broken an opponents leg.

Bear

Jaza_SFC said:

Are you kidding?

Reaaaaallllyyyyyy shows how deluded you are if you think it was not intentional imo

Maybe go and watch the replay a few times yeah

Bear

No jesus, it was heff trying to go round him for a 1-2 pass, and ufuk throwing his leg out to stop heffs run. Dirty stuff

Herbs

Just started to watch the 4-5 game...and thought straight away.. wtf heffernan?

Its been too long Talay wanker

FFC Mariner

Braver man than me, thats on the list of games I wont ever watch again (that list includes our 2 GF's as well)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred