• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney FC in trouble?

Bear

Alicia said:
"I have a contract for another year and I'm staying put. I am more than comfortable here"

And you can tell in the way he played that that is his problem. He played like a man who didnt have a care in the world. Your team is playing rubbish, your not winning, your marquee is terrible, your coach is on the outer, you should be FAR from comfortable champ.

Jesus

Jesus
furns said:
dru said:
Trust me I will be bitterly disappointed if we miss the finals and I think playing in the post season cup is more important than any percieved benefit from an early exit but it is the scum fans so an intelligent incite isn't likely for most.

I more see it that post season break will be earlier and they will be back into camp etc.

Once yes regardless of who makes the finals, possibly twice but I think it is more likely to be us facing Nth Qld (due to the Fergie link) and possibly the Chengdu blades in the lead up to our chinese opponents in China
lol-caust at calling into question our intelligence while not being able to spell insight and I dont know where you were schooled but most of them will tell you that "i" comes before "e" except after "c" which would make it perceived not percieved

weird

T

furns said:
lol-caust at calling into question our intelligence while not being able to spell insight and I dont know where you were schooled but most of them will tell you that "i" comes before "e" except after "c" which would make it perceived not percieved
Lol at a post correcting spelling, and not being able to spell correctly or even grammatically correct. Is it any wonder that your intelligence was called into question?

Rowdy

Bearinator said:
And you can tell in the way he played that that is his problem. He played like a man who didnt have a care in the world. Your team is playing rubbish, your not winning, your marquee is terrible, your coach is on the outer, you should be FAR from comfortable champ.

I believe Necevski is likely to push him out of that 'comfort' zone, his performances by comparison have been far better.

brett

I was at the Syd-Perth game yesterday.

To sum it up, I would basically say the fans are turning up only for a handful of players and the 'concept' of a Sydney club.

They are sick of the football, sick of the coach, sick of their marquee. Luckily enough for FC, the Sydney market is affluent enough so 12k people can still show up while they wait for a new era to dawn.

clarence

Alicia said:
In any other league, would Kosmina and GVE been given the sack by now?

YES. Particularly in a club in a similar position that Sydney fancies themselves as. Aloisi would have been playing with the kiddies til he found where the back of the net is, if was playing in Serie A, La Liga or EPL. He knows that too.

clarence

If Kosmina goes, maybe the Russian dude will look at his friends at St. Petersburg and see if there's a coach there in the lower grades who is worth a shot? One of their assistant coaches who has worked under Dick Advocaat might be good enough to do the job better?

kevrenor

brett said:

To sum it up, I would basically say the fans are turning up only for a handful of players and the 'concept' of a Sydney club.

They are sick of the football, sick of the coach, sick of their marquee. Luckily enough for FC, the Sydney market is affluent enough so 12k people can still show up while they wait for a new era to dawn.

I was there also.  I think you are right Brett.

Alas for Sydney, there was a smaller crowd than at Bluetongue last week.

Sydney had no luck, but didn't seem able to make any either.  No width, esp. on the right against Torpor, and midfield aimless. You can't feel sorry for the club, Kossie, or even most of the fans - can feel sorry for the young blokes like Gan, Golec, Busch, having to come in to that.

Kossie made 3 subs, none of which was designed to change anything in the game ... very odd.

Glory looked as though they were struggling still but at least played with some vigour, and direction.

brett

clarence said:
Alicia said:
In any other league, would Kosmina and GVE been given the sack by now?

YES. Particularly in a club in a similar position that Sydney fancies themselves as. Aloi$i would have been playing with the kiddies til he found where the back of the net is, if was playing in Serie A, La Liga or EPL. He knows that too.

I'd argue no. GVE showed that he can win the championship with a squad that is good but not great. It's not his fault that he now has to coach a below-average squad with too many kids. A new coach isn't going to get any more out of them than he is.

Sydney, well maybe that's borderline. They have clearly made a conscious decision to go for stability, in spite of results, fan opinion, crowds, whatever. All those factors have nose-dived as it has turned out. You'd have to imagine Kossie is only a few more bad games away from the sack though. If they really look like missing the four, they'll take action.

But the other thing is, in big European leagues, they can afford to pay out long-term coaching contracts and still afford the best coaches on the market. In the A-League, there's limited cash, limited appeal, and a limited pool of local candidates to choose from. So even when things are bad, there's no point making a change unless you've got a better option.

clarence

brett said:
But the other thing is, in big European leagues, they can afford to pay out long-term coaching contracts and still afford the best coaches on the market. In the A-League, there's limited cash, limited appeal, and a limited pool of local candidates to choose from. So even when things are bad, there's no point making a change unless you've got a better option.

I'd agree with this comment too. Unless the board of Sydney FC has someone in mind to take over from  Kossie, and someone who would change things too, then the idea of getting rid of Kossie would be counter productive.

I did make another comment about the new Russian owner, who has a past history with St. Petersburg, getting someone from there and giving them a head coach role for Sydney FC. The new owner would have contacts outside of the Australian market (thus negating the comment you made about limited pool of candidates), so it isn't too far fetched that if his club was in dire circumstances that he'd try and entice one of the assistant coaches from Russia to come over here and give it a go.
And if he was mad keen about ridding himself of Kossie, I'd even dare suggest the Russian dude would put his hand into his own pocket and pay him out of his own money, if it came to that. From what I have read, this guy is dead set single minded when he applies himself to issues.

David Votoupal

I've been saying for ages that we need decent foreign coaches to raise the profile and standard of this league. Almost none of the ones who've come so far have been any good, and only Richard Money has done anything notable since leaving.

sorjesk

kevrenor said:
brett said:

I was there also.  I think you are right Brett.

Alas for Sydney, there was a smaller crowd than at Bluetongue last week.

Sydney had no luck, but didn't seem able to make any either.  No width, esp. on the right against Torpor, and midfield aimless. You can't feel sorry for the club, Kossie, or even most of the fans - can feel sorry for the young blokes like Gan, Golec, Busch, having to come in to that.

Kossie made 3 subs, none of which was designed to change anything in the game ... very odd.

Glory looked as though they were struggling still but at least played with some vigour, and direction.

Glory were better and deserved to win. I agree with the comment on feeling sorry for the young guys coming in (Gan, Golec) but Busch ain't that young and is half the reason our defence is so shite atm. He is slow and has no intelligence on the pitch at all. Getting a little bit depressing really.... at least the tards lost

FFC Mariner

Watching Busch 2 weeks running v scum and us), the best description we could come up with was "accident prone".

What I mean is. If he goes for a ball, its his knee it bobbles off into someones path or out for a corner etc. sometimes that sort of thing is confidence related (trying too hard) and sometimes, the 1st touch just isnt there at this level.

I think there is a good centre half in there somewhere, but it might take a slightly better coach than Kossie to find it.

clarence

Just found this on You Tube......2 own goals, two Aloisi misses, just watch and lol @ Sydney...

[flash=200,200]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jF2HnX-JPEM[/flash]

BAD BULLZ

THANK YOU CLARENCE
lol i could watch that all day ova and ova
the score could have easily been 7-4 perths usual suspects dadi n rukka missed sitters and of course  :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: aloisi :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred