• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney FC in trouble?

Alicia

Okay, so there's the Scum in Turmoil thread... and lately Sydney seem to be having a few troubles of there own, so I started a new thread where we can post their troubles.  This is yesterdays news but anyway, please see below.  Oh, and have a nice day :D

Sydney's fitness coach quits
By Tom Smithies

SYDNEY FC's faltering season has taken another blow with the departure of the fitness coach Nik Hagicostas, a close ally of FC coach John Kosmina.

Hagicostas followed Kosmina to Sydney from Adelaide but left the club suddenly yesterday, citing family issues back in the SA capital.

After leaving Adelaide in June last year Hagicostas moved to join Kosmina at Sydney after his predecessor - former Socceroos conditioner Anthony Crea - quit to move to Japan. But he was absent from Sydney's draw with Queensland on Saturday, and yesterday morning told the squad of his need to leave.

It leaves Sydney depleted in the back room but last night Hagicostas insisted that he had to make the decision for the benefit of his family, still based in Adelaide.

"I've got a young family and my kids have struggled to be without their father for the last eight or nine months,'' he said. "At the end of the day I've had to make a decision which professionally isn't me but I've had to think about the impact on my family.

"I've lived with Kossie for several months and he's been really understanding of the impact this has been having on my kids. My wife has been under a lot of stress, and while you want to do what you want to do, you've got to think of the long-term effect that will have. I just can't afford to let things deteriorate at home.

"The club have been very supportive, letting me go home last weekend and that helped the situation no end. I hate putting the club in this position but at the end of the day there's no point in having me as a miserable soul around the place.''

The exit adds to a feeling of uncertainty around the club, with Russian millionaire David Traktovenko in talks to buy a controlling stake from Frank Lowy and following from Sydney's lowest ever attendance last Friday against Queensland.

Hagicostas's departure is a blow to Kosmina, but his methods were undoubtedly controversial among the Sydney players.

His departure from Adelaide also left a lingering cloud: the strength and conditioning coach has been suing United since his exit in June last year, claiming breach of contract.

The case was heard last year and both sides are awaiting the judge's decision which it's thought could come any day.

Jesus

Jesus
I'm surprised you could pick a place to start.
I am really hoping bling and scum miss the cut this year.

Deej

Jesus said:
I'm surprised you could pick a place to start.
I am really hoping bling and scum miss the cut this year.

Wouldnt that be nice, the only remaining teams to have made every finals

dru

With Newcastle it would allow more time to prepeare for ACL.

Sydney well it means Kosmina goes and most fans would be happy with that.

:popcorn:

Deej

David Votoupal said:
I'm sure you'll get fans of both clubs saying that missing the 4 is actually a blessing in disguise.

Rubbish - making the finals is what every team strives for

dru said:

Disagree - playing finals football gives you more competitive game time and a smaller break in between finals and the first ACL game, this would mean players stay fitter and (hopefully) keep match sharpness.

Adelaide and Melbourne played each other behind closed doors 3 or 4 times in the build up to the ACL as they both missed out on the finals, wonder if we'll do the same with scum if that happens?

dru

Deej said:
dru said:

Disagree - playing finals football gives you more competitive game time and a smaller break in between finals and the first ACL game, this would mean players stay fitter and (hopefully) keep match sharpness.

Adelaide and Melbourne played each other behind closed doors 3 or 4 times in the build up to the ACL as they both missed out on the finals, wonder if we'll do the same with scum if that happens?

Trust me I will be bitterly disappointed if we miss the finals and I think playing in the post season cup is more important than any percieved benefit from an early exit but it is the scum fans so an intelligent incite isn't likely for most.

I more see it that post season break will be earlier and they will be back into camp etc.

Once yes regardless of who makes the finals, possibly twice but I think it is more likely to be us facing Nth Qld (due to the Fergie link) and possibly the Chengdu blades in the lead up to our chinese opponents in China

Redline

I'd hope we'd be able to organise some sort of gametime with someone before ACL if we missed out...

And I think the Fur would be a good option for both us and them, but that the Blades would be a better option.

furns

dru said:
Trust me I will be bitterly disappointed if we miss the finals and I think playing in the post season cup is more important than any percieved benefit from an early exit but it is the scum fans so an intelligent incite isn't likely for most.

I more see it that post season break will be earlier and they will be back into camp etc.

Once yes regardless of who makes the finals, possibly twice but I think it is more likely to be us facing Nth Qld (due to the Fergie link) and possibly the Chengdu blades in the lead up to our chinese opponents in China
lol-caust at calling into question our intelligence while not being able to spell insight and I dont know where you were schooled but most of them will tell you that "i" comes before "e" except after "c" which would make it perceived not percieved
As far as shitney or us making the finals goes, it will be a clearer picture after this round imo, if we are able to get a result against the lightblueshite, and with the Nix being handed their arses in Adelaide, it gives us a lifeline.
However you will find most Newcastle supporters taking it one game at a time. Shitney fans must be wondering where it all went wrong, considering they were taking everyones supposed "best" players during the off-season.

FFC Mariner

LOL - free kick for furns

Most of the SFC fans I work with are sort of "amazed" that they arent in their rightful place at the top of the comp.

The arrogance of them is beyond belief. They genuinely feel that they have a right to be No1.

tuftman

Greenpoleffc said:

Most of the SFC fans I work with are sort of "amazed" that they arent in their rightful place at the top of the comp.

The arrogance of them is beyond belief. They genuinely feel that they have a right to be No1.

Don't you just love how SFC fans believe they own this competition, and you gotta love it when they get bought back down to Earth buy the inept performances of their team. Even better is when they pay 1.4 million for one goal, and we pay Matty how much?

dru

furns said:
lol-caust at calling into question our intelligence while not being able to spell insight and I dont know where you were schooled but most of them will tell you that "i" comes before "e" except after "c" which would make it perceived not percieved
As far as shitney or us making the finals goes, it will be a clearer picture after this round imo, if we are able to get a result against the lightblueshite, and with the Nix being handed their arses in Adelaide, it gives us a lifeline.
However you will find most Newcastle supporters taking it one game at a time. Shitney fans must be wondering where it all went wrong, considering they were taking everyones supposed "best" players during the off-season.

It seems that all my post did was incite a reaction from another troll. bollocks.

While we are being pedantic: everyone's ;)

clarence

Greenpoleffc said:

+1. 
A couple of people I regularly meet through work are Sydney FC fans and they too have a similar attitude.
They are looking at who to blame now, as they've spent a fortune on players in the off season, have Kosmina - who they reckon is the bloody messiah. They are in denial that they are actually playing like shit - perhaps worse than under Butcher - and that is what is causing the drop in their crowds.

My response is usually polite til they start bagging the Mariners.

furns

dru said:
furns said:

It seems that all my post did was incite a reaction from another troll. bollocks.

While we are being pedantic: everyone's ;)
dru if I was a troll do you think I would still be here posting? I dont come on here to troll, your mods know the difference between trolling and banter ;)
And so, it would seem, does Greenpole lol
As far as shitney go, nothing would give me more pleasure than to bag them for taking Mr Weak Ankles (wasnt that a Billy Joel song?) off our hands, but I really dont see the point considering how our season has gone. Maybe things might change after sundays game..... :)

David Votoupal

Greenpoleffc said:

I'm sure that's the case. I'm sure there are also plenty of SFC fans (like those on the their forum) that acknowledge the cancer that is present at the club from the boardroom staff down to the players.

Alicia

I will stay at Sydney FC - Clint Bolton
By John Taylor

December 16, 2008
SYDNEY FC goalkeeper Clint Bolton remains adamant he'll honour his contract with the club and yesterday described suggestions of a move to Japan as "just rumours".

"I have a contract for another year and I'm staying put. I am more than comfortable here," Bolton said yesterday. "I am not saying I still haven't got ambitions to play overseas but it's not easy - there's my age (33) and I don't have a European passport."

Rumours were rife in Gosford on Saturday night after Sydney lost 2-1 to a last-minute penalty against Central Coast that Bolton and also Newcastle's Ante Covic were both heading to the J-League.

"I don't know what my agent is looking into but, as of now, going to Japan is just rumours." Bolton said.

Bolton, along with marquee striker John Aloisi, copped plenty of stick from The Cove (Sydney fans) against the Mariners.

"I hear things what they say about players but I am not fazed," Bolton said. "Nothing has changed since the first year at Sydney. If you are winning then everything is rosy - if you are not, then they are asking questions why not.

"We are not playing the way we want to play. It's not pretty but we are trying our guts out."

Sydney face another tough game against Perth at the SFS on Sunday but they should soon welcome back key men Terry McFlynn, Simon Colosimo, Adam Casey and possibly Mitchell Prentice.

If Sydney have troubles then the Newcastle Jets are in turmoil.

Young Socceroo captain James Holland yesterday jetted off to The Netherlands for a trial and medical with AZ Alkmaar but the deal is 80 per cent done, according to Jets coach Gary van Egmond.

They have already lost skipper Jade North who originally planned to play for Queensland Fury but is now off to Korea, Adam Griffiths has signed for the Gold Coast, Mark Milligan is likely to go abroad when the January transfer window opens and goalie Covic is being linked to a Japanese club.

Van Egmond said it was impossible to stop young stars like Holland going. "It's part of the business," he said. "One thing is developing a player but then you have to find a replacement with the same quality. And you have to be vigilant and good in doing that."

ponno

How bad were his goal kicks on sat night... you could see how frustrated he was getting too.... good times

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred