• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney FC and Central Coast Mariners - Trial Saturday 17 July, 2010

Deej

Perez looks 14, I fear against a tough opponent like Muscat for example he'll get hammered, but if he has good footwork and awareness could be fine.  He will get hit hard a few times though.

We won't be buying a DM, this will a position fought between Hutch and Griffiths IMO, perhaps Porter too but his crossing is too valuable and needs to be RM or RB.

We'll get a keeper though.

If Mrdja gets a gig ahead of Simon, McBreen or Kwas I'll be upset!

midfielder

Deej said:
If Mrdja gets a gig ahead of Simon, McBreen or Kwas I'll be upset!

You forget there are blades of grass to trip on and hurt yourself and need 6 weeks off to recover...

Wombat

FFC Mariner said:
and yes, Wilko was ball watching for Bridges goal. Was a lovely finish but with Wilko making no challenge, it was easier for him.

Sherlock wasnt as bad as usual, must have been fired up

Its Wilko's weakness.  Wilko, Porter and Clarky were all guilty of failing to close down many many times over the last 2 seasons.

I'd put him to RB with Doig and Dutchy in the middle. Rose at LB.

Sounds like a very solid back four.

shipwreck

Wombat said:
FFC Mariner said:
and yes, Wilko was ball watching for Bridges goal. Was a lovely finish but with Wilko making no challenge, it was easier for him.

Sherlock wasnt as bad as usual, must have been fired up

Its Wilko's weakness.  Wilko, Porter and Clarky were all guilty of failing to close down many many times over the last 2 seasons.

I'd put him to RB with Doig and Dutchy in the middle. Rose at LB.

Sounds like a very solid back four.

Agree 100% really hope this happens, Wilko was always a right back and it was only with the departure of Beachy that he was slotted there anyway,

Does anyone know if he remains captain? I would hope that either dutchy or doig gets the gig, maybe dutchy because he is new and its not as much of a slap in the face to Wilko, he was far too young to be captain in the first place

Forum Phoenix

f**k the whole ditch Wilko as captain stuff.

Guys got a great temperament and we have been well credited for a having a incredibly positive dressing room over the years - which is worth its weight in gold.
I know he hasn't been perfect, but he was truly getting loud in Canberra trials, but regardless I certainly wouldn't willingly oust him for someone who has only just been in camp for a few days.  ::)

Doig was indeed a good organiser last year...

_When_ he was actually bloody playing.

I'd be reluctant to change the captaincy as no one leaps out over Wilko imo.
If I had to change it, personally I feel Bozanic is already showing great enthusiasm and terrific skill on the park, he also had that Gumps like charisma when I spoke with him and think he could do well.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
[quote
If I had to change it, personally I feel Bozanic is already showing great enthusiasm and terrific skill on the park, he also had that Gumps like charisma when I spoke with him and think he could do well.

[/quote]

a Gump's like charisma
...I knew there was something about him i liked (apart from his obvious on-field talent)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred