• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney FC and Central Coast Mariners - Trial Saturday 17 July, 2010

Jaza_SFC

Fair result, first time SFC had played that system and it did not suit. That first goal was hilarious.

Reddy made a few great stops, especially from set pieces. SFC had the midfield more in the first half, but with only Brosque up front (with 17yr old Petratos behind), we lacked punch. CCM won the midfield more in the second half, SFC played more on the break.

Thought Bozanic looked quality for your lot. Everyone else pretty much as expected.

From what I could tell, CCM were missing Perez, McBreen, and the new goalkeeper ... Aside from that was first XI? Maybe Doig as well so 7 out of 11?
SFC were missing Ryall, Keller, Cole, Musialik, Carle, Bridge from our first XI and it really showed in parts.

Jaza_SFC

FWIW if Perez doesn't work out I think you could do far worse than have McGlinchey back at #10 with Porter on the right. Seemed alive tonight with Bozanic on the other side on his level.

marinermick

Jaza_SFC said:
FWIW if Perez doesn't work out I think you could do far worse than have McGlinchey back at #10 with Porter on the right. Seemed alive tonight with Bozanic on the other side on his level.

wee mac did well and tackled more strongly than i have ever seen him do

midfield was a very tight diamond and they tried to hold this shape all night

allowed porter and rose to overlap but i thought we were vulnerable defensively wide and particularly byun and jameison had a field day on rose's side

i am heartened by the mariners' performance, especially the valuing of the ball, the running off the ball and the quick switch when it was on giving sydney many problems defensively

kevrenor

Rusty Mariners hold Slick Sydney:

http://back-of-the-net.com/2010-2011/P1/P1-CCvsSF.htm

ccvsf1.jpg

Deej

I felt our worse on the field were Hutch and Wilko personally.

Was happy with our set pieces, Bozanic will be a great buy, and Amini with some development could have big future

Matt--Simon

http://back-of-the-net.com/2010-2011/P1/P1-CCvsSF.htm

Central Coast Mariners 2
(Adam Kwasnik 59', 67')
drew with
Sydney FC 2
(Alex Brosque 1', Mark Bridge 60')

This says Kwasnik got the double

midfielder

Both of SFC goals were soft .. first massive brain fart by goal keeper... second small brain fart by weeMac and we lost the ball in the middle of the park and could not recover..

Our goals were the result of some good lead up work...

Quite impressed with SFC TBH they have speed and are well organised will be there or there abouts at seasons end I think..

My tho's on tonights game... very encouraging...

Patricio Perez is a joy to watch his first touch is good and is often a pass ... his running and body protection of the ball great to see ... will have on tonights showing a impact in this league...

Mustafa Amini ... learned a lot tonight GA left him on the entire match ... with space and in room with time he layed off some beautiful balls... but more often than not was off  the pace of first grade and got caught most of the time and was pushed off the ball (OK he just turned 17 I understand)... has the potential to be a great number 10..

The Hutchinson, Bojic, Porter .. debate ... HHMMMMMMm we played Amini just behind the strikers, with weeMac and Perez wide mids with Hutch as the defensive mid and Porter as right back... IMO this did not work that well in defense... however when weeMac was replaced and Bojic moved to right back and Porter to center mid it seemed to work better... Meaning GA has a lot to think about as I tho Porter passing from the center mid position was much better in all areas than Hutches ... with Hutch maybe shading the defensive side of things... however Boiic was by far the better full back from a defensive stance (well as I saw it anyway).

Then we have Rostyn Griffiths ... who is also said to be solid at a defensive mid role...

Add the boys over with the blades [trent Sainsbury and Marc Warren] at the back .. love to see them in a perseason trail against another A-League side...

I through our defensive looked shaky at times tonight and has not got used to covering each other yet... However Joshua Rose down the left got forward a good bit [as did Porter TBH] and seems good on the ball..

Final tho's .. GA has a good side to work with... and we potentially have a killer mid field but we now lack hard made .. i.e. no Grummpy in the midfield but on what I saw tonight a very talented one...

scottmac

Suspended
midfielder said:
Patricio Perez is a joy to watch his first touch is good and is often a pass ... his running and body protection of the ball great to see ... will have on tonights showing a impact in this league...

, with weeMac and Perez wide mids with Hutch as the defensive mid and Porter as right back...

I think you mean Bozanic?

Perez did not play as i assume he has not recieved clearance yet.

midfielder

scottmac said:
midfielder said:

, with weeMac and Perez wide mids with Hutch as the defensive mid and Porter as right back...

Thanks Scotty ... in that case Australia has found its new left sided mid field player .. he played very well... Scotty TBH I did not think Bozanic was that good...

Ted

midfielder said:
scottmac said:
midfielder said:

Thanks Scotty ... in that case Australia has found its new left sided mid field player .. he played very well... Scotty TBH I did not think Bozanic was that good...

From what i overheard Perez is lacking match fitness?

J

jiggles

Ted said:
midfielder said:
scottmac said:
midfielder said:

From what i overheard Perez is lacking match fitness?

Perez hasn't received clearance yet. That's why he didn't play. They have hopes he'll debut on Thursday.

Jaza_SFC

Has Wilkinson been dropped or any games?

That second goal came from a peach of a cross from Jamieson, but Wilkinson still just stood there and watched Bridge hit it.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
twice i've seen Olly Bozanic and both times he has been the business, absolute gun...and on the dutch side of things,I thought Zwaanwijk did a bonz a job against Smurfs, take note wilko, if Doig stays fit and Zwaan keeps that level up you could end up being a 60 minute replacement.

lets hope Perez plays thursday and wallops the jets....

Deej

Jaza_SFC said:
Has Wilkinson been dropped or any games?

That second goal came from a peach of a cross from Jamieson, but Wilkinson still just stood there and watched Bridge hit it.

exactly how I saw it.....but no he hasn't been dropped.  With Zwaanwijk, Griffiths and Doig knocking at the door he'll have do better than that.

FFC Mariner

I liked the style we are trying to play. We wont win the comp but we will be pain to play against and we will be very competitive. SFC will be successful but wont win it, for the simple fact that their replacements are not as strong as the players who left.

As for yesterday, the players who stood out for us (in a good way) were. Amini, Ollie, Kwas and to be fair, Simon. Dutch guy will be immense.

Pish awards handed to Nik, Wilko and by far and away worst player on the park, Hutch. He was dire in the DM role. In the 2nd half he hit another aimless hoof to no one (not even a Sydney player) and then berated Kwas for not being there. 5 mins later, he does it again and does the whole hands on hips, head to oneside thing. Spenceresque.

If we get a keeper and someone at DM, we will give this a bit of a shake IMHO.

Boo-urns to Matty who had a chance to take Reddy's head off in 2nd half and bottled it.

Perez is easily the tiniest player I have seen and I do fear he will simply be monstered. Hope I'm wrong.

Wasnt a bad afternoon out with a tiny crowd in easily the worst football venue I have been too. Any club considering player there is nuts.

Big lol at the few Coveites who were chanting Arnoldin and Arnold for Melbourne

FFC Mariner

and yes, Wilko was ball watching for Bridges goal. Was a lovely finish but with Wilko making no challenge, it was easier for him.

Sherlock wasnt as bad as usual, must have been fired up

Forum Phoenix

FFC Mariner said:
Perez is easily the tiniest player I have seen and I do fear he will simply be monstered. Hope I'm wrong.

Henrique is tiny and was carving for Roar before injury so I'm hoping Perez will have similar success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred