• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney FC and Central Coast Mariners - Trial Saturday 17 July, 2010

kevrenor

Central Coast Mariners
Media Release
Tuesday, 6 July

Mariners, Sydney FC join forces for Australian First

Hot on the heels of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Sydney Showground at Sydney Olympic Park will host its first ever Football match when Hyundai A-League clubs Central Coast Mariners and Sydney FC clash in a Pre-Season Trial on Saturday, 17 July.

While Sydneys former Showground at Moore Park was once the home of Football in the city, hosting everything from club matches to international touring teams such as England, the new Showground at Homebush Bay, in operation since 2000, is yet to host the round ball game.

Kicking off at 5:00pm in the Main Arena, fans will take their seats in the boutique 13,000 seat stadium, well known as the centre of all the action at the Sydney Royal Easter Show.

Sydney Showground General Manager Sales and Marketing, Karen Bolinger, says if the Showground is thrilled to be partnering with the Mariners and Sydney FC for the milestone event.

The Sydney Showground Main Arena is such a versatile venue hosting everything from equestrian events to fireworks displays and music festivals like The Big Day Out, said Ms Bolinger.

Saturday, 17 July will mark our first football match, and we encourage all the fans out there to book a seat and come along to be part of history in the making."

Mariners skipper Alex Wilkinson is excited about being involved in the venues maiden Football match.

So many people are already familiar with the Showground so it is going to be pretty exciting to be part of the first football match there.

Its going to be a very important match from a preparation point of view as well, its only a couple of weeks out from the start of the season, so Im sure both teams will have their big names on show, and hopefully there will be a big crowd, said Wilkinson.

Tickets can be purchased from 9:00am on Thursday, 8 July at https://www.myras.com.au/res/eShop/eShopPlaceOrders.aspx?ps=CCM&ph=YES

Tickets cost $15 for Adults (no concession) and $8 for children under 16-years.

Children under 16 are free if accompanied by a paying adult.

"Football is such a fantastic spectator sport and I'm sure watching the game at Sydney Showground won't disappoint, especially for all the juniors out there who are hungry to get up close to all the action, said Ms Bolinger.

CityRail will also be running special Olympic Park services, for more information go to www.cityrail.info http://www.cityrail.info

Ends

midfielder

I am there ... assume we will play our new youth players and the new SFC kid will get a game... good stuff..

Also just got a call from a client who is a member at Homebush and he gave me four tickets to SFC V Everton

Silly question ... but is GA back and in charge yet ...

FFC Mariner

"Football is such a fantastic spectator sport and I'm sure watching the game at Sydney Showground won't disappoint, especially for all the juniors out there who are hungry to get up close to all the action, said Ms Bolinger

LOLOLOLOL

Take a telescope with you. Makes watching games at ANZ feel like you are on the touchline.

According to FB, good roll up can be expected

Jaza_SFC

Bah, nephew's birthday party in Wyoming on the Saturday. Between that and then getting back to this in the afternoon I'll spend my day on trains.

Jaza_SFC

Carle will almost certainly play this game as he's likely to miss Everton.

Fingers crossed we have our new striker by this game. Not confident though.

pjennings

FFC Mariner said:
CoF's will be getting home by 8.30, having a cup of tea and then off to bed

I was going to say lol to that - but that would really cut into my COF credibility.

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
CoF's will be getting home by 8.30, having a cup of tea and then off to bed
This CoF has used all his brownie points up for the year and has to start saving them up again for the real football season.

Might have to give this a miss.

dibo

FFC Mariner said:
dibo said:
have a meeting that afternoon at 4 - no can do. :(

Surely the revolution will wait a week?

the revolution will come whenever dear (new) leader decides, but we're definitely having a meeting on saturday week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred