• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney Away - RETRO ROUND - Feb 4

Tevor

Lol scum get Sean Evans & Kurt “penalties Adelaide” Ams on VAR.
From memory Lara Lee has had some howlers in the VAR.

Rising Sun

My Mum letting me go on a Coach to watch England v Nth Ireland when I was 10 yo with 1 other 10yo. My Dad looking pissed off and relieved when the Coach dropped us at Folkestone KFC at about 12.30am coz the blokes running the Coach wanted to get a few extra pints in at some random pub on the way home.

Parents (mine) used to let me do anything, its a miracle I made it to my teens.

Parenting is definitely different these days RS.
Yes different days.

At least sitting on the pub car park wall with a mate while the dads and their mates were inside only lasted until we were 13 or 14 - then we were "allowed" in the pub and the blokes were buying us beers, even if it was only half's to start with. Proper parenting ?

marinermick

Yes different days.

At least sitting on the pub car park wall with a mate while the dads and their mates were inside only lasted until we were 13 or 14 - then we were "allowed" in the pub and the blokes were buying us beers, even if it was only half's to start with. Proper parenting ?

I celebrated my U16 grand final win with my team at Newcastle Workers Club. Only half of us got into the Palais afterwards. Not because they were underage. They were just too pissed.

Tevor

I thought last game was Sydney’s best of the year. I know victory are shocking, so that clods things, but I don’t think they should be taken lightly.
Agree that game may very well have played them into some form. I’ll say it again their biggest issue was losing Wilko for a long spell and now he is back they are definitely looking more solid. We will need to be up for it or this one could easily slip away.

Hello Sailor

From memory Lara Lee has had some howlers in the VAR.
There is probably another thread for this, but I'd like to see officials rated.

Are there stats for each anywhere showing the number of:
VAR interventions?
VAR interventions reversing a decision?
Time added on due to a fracas where they lost control of the class.
Belated acknowledgements from the league that errors were made eg Kurt Ams?
Fouls awarded for and against each team?
Cards awarded for and against each team?
Injuries incurred under their duty of care?

When officiating as a VAR:
Number of interventions
Number of unsuccessful interventions
ie are they too keen to be involved and did they get it wrong?

I'm not sure what the fourth official does apart from announce that the game can start because the TV company have got their shit together, and announce subs; they don't seem too keen to let the ref know of howlers obvious from the side line where I sit, so stats here may be impractical.

Are there any interested data geeks on the forum?

Going off on a tangent, I am always fascinated watching the officials warm up using similar moves as the players even though their roles are so different.
I'd like to see their warm ups include:
Signalling direct and indirect free kicks.
Play the advantage.
Reaching for and showing a card.
Looking at the watch.
Blowing the whistle.
Reaching for and putting on glasses.
Pointing to the spot
Accepting a bribe lol

Huddo

I'm of a different opinion. I don't think Sydney deserve any respect. If we can't beat this team in this current state, we probably don't deserve our position. We have +13 goal difference on them in 14 games. They have kept one clean sheet. They are conceding 1.6 goals a match. I will say we need to be wary of a banana skin, but I honestly can't respect this team whilst they play the way they do.

JoyfulPenguin

I'm of a different opinion. I don't think Sydney deserve any respect. If we can't beat this team in this current state, we probably don't deserve our position. We have +13 goal difference on them in 14 games. They have kept one clean sheet. They are conceding 1.6 goals a match. I will say we need to be wary of a banana skin, but I honestly can't respect this team whilst they play the way they do.
I don't think as a side Sydney deserve respect, but their individuals do.

Lolley is close to the best foreigner brought in this season and can make something out of nothing. Wilko is still Wilko at 38 and despite his errors this season Le Fondre has been one of the deadliest strikers in league in seasons past.

Rising Sun

There is probably another thread for this, but I'd like to see officials rated.

Are there stats for each anywhere showing the number of:
VAR interventions?
VAR interventions reversing a decision?
Time added on due to a fracas where they lost control of the class.
Belated acknowledgements from the league that errors were made eg Kurt Ams?
Fouls awarded for and against each team?
Cards awarded for and against each team?
Injuries incurred under their duty of care?

When officiating as a VAR:
Number of interventions
Number of unsuccessful interventions
ie are they too keen to be involved and did they get it wrong?

I'm not sure what the fourth official does apart from announce that the game can start because the TV company have got their shit together, and announce subs; they don't seem too keen to let the ref know of howlers obvious from the side line where I sit, so stats here may be impractical.

Are there any interested data geeks on the forum?

Going off on a tangent, I am always fascinated watching the officials warm up using similar moves as the players even though their roles are so different.
Play the advantage.
Looking at the watch.
Blowing the whistle.
Pointing to the spot
Accepting a bribe lol
You are right it is probably one for another thread but I remember there was some stats a few years ago of the ratio of yellow cards to free kicks conceded. Mariners were clear leaders for highest ratio and bling had the lowest ratio by quite some margin.

There are probably all sorts of stats you can do that would show if there any bias against certain clubs at a generic or individual referee level, as well as highlighting referee performance issues generally

Rising Sun

Play the advantage.
Looking at the watch.
Blowing the whistle.
Pointing to the spot
Accepting a bribe lol
Add to that:
- Practice spending several minutes staring blankly at the VAR screen.
- Practice for a Mariners goal by spending 5 minutes holding left palm up in a "wait" gesture whilst holding right index figure to ear

turbo

You are right it is probably one for another thread but I remember there was some stats a few years ago of the ratio of yellow cards to free kicks conceded. Mariners were clear leaders for highest ratio and bling had the lowest ratio by quite some margin.

There are probably all sorts of stats you can do that would show if there any bias against certain clubs at a generic or individual referee level, as well as highlighting referee performance issues generally
That stat doesn't necessarily show poor performance by a ref. Sydney were coached to foul in a smart way that wouldn't attract cards and they executed that plan well. Should they have had more? Probably but not to the extent a statistical analysis would suggest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred