• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Summer Sixes

Johnno

Does anyone know what size the goals are? I heard last yr they were full size, r they different this yr?

Ted

Johnno said:
Does anyone know what size the goals are? I heard last yr they were full size, r they different this yr?

I think you will find they are full sized mate

hasbeen

There have been six-a-sides with full size goals before ... but played on a full size pitch. This would be the only comp in the world using half a pitch and full size goals ....

marinermick

hasbeen said:
There have been six-a-sides with full size goals before ... but played on a full size pitch. This would be the only comp in the world using half a pitch and full size goals ....

quarter of a pitch actually

rain predicted for tomorrow so round one may be washed out

Johnno

Does anyone know if its still on today? Its overcast and little bit of rain. I reckon its still on but its Pluim park.

Johnno

Alcohooligans won 7-4 i think. I was a freak in goals and the score could have been much worse.

What about others in the Championship div?

FFC Mariner

Spartak slumped to a shock 5-3 defeat to the Red Devils.

Are we the Gold Coast in disguise? Actually, Red Devils are a pretty handy young side

Kareem

FFC Mariner said:
Spartak slumped to a shock 5-3 defeat to the Red Devils.

Are we the Gold Coast in disguise? Actually, Red Devils are a pretty handy young side
1) Why shock defeat? :p
2) that team will lose half their players (due to being underage). I assume it is the red devils. From my knowledge 2 teams have been told that half their players are ineligible to play.
One is the team that flogged Ballastic Terriers
The Red Devils had at least 1 u16 player (i think 3-4)...
My team's 9th player (whom I was holding out the press release :p ) will have to be replaced.
It was going to be Radinho!
Kareem said:
Our 'high profile' player. Someone with talent & flair. Someone who has known status on these forums! And someone with more talent on the ball than I could ever wish to have!
He will probably own up to it :p (You better not!)
Name will be kept under wraps until clearance is given by CCF!
Such a shame!

Kareem

FFC Mariner said:
forfeit - 3 points please :)
thats going to be debatable...
Because IMHO its a CCF stuffup. They did not state it on rules. Especially because 15 yr olds were allowed to last year...(actually contributed to change in rules).
Good luck in your quest for 3 points, but the fact they were allowed to play (even though their DOB's were clearly on the form) isnt the Red Devils fault...
Personally i think the two teams should be offerred to leave the comp (with their $800 back).
I know the team that beat Ted's team in div3- they are a father son team- the dads wont want to play if their sons arent!

marinermick

irons kills lions lost 7-6

good match but we squandered too many chances

4 goals to bear, 1 to sacko and 1 to myself (though i did chip a midget)

FFC Mariner

The same CCF who banked the $$ but werent able to organise the match balls? The CCF who's idea of laying new turf is simply to bung it down over the old grass?

I take your point

Ted

Personally it was great to have a run, but to lose 12-1 as a team sucked. As Kareem pointed out, the team we played had 6 x 16A players and 3 x O35s with only 1 x O35 on the pitch during the game at any given time it seemed. No wonder we got hammered.

Players must be turning 17 years to be eligible to play....

Kareem

Bears last goal was an absolute cracker!
It's replaying in my head as I am typing this...WOW!
Bear should retire now...enough said! :p

Ben

Kareem said:
Bears last goal was an absolute cracker!
It's replaying in my head as I am typing this...WOW!
Bear should retire now...enough said! :p
it was a spectacular goal, but we don't want it all to go to his head, sackos goal was very good too

Kareem

i dont mind...Bear will try and replicate it for the rest of the season- won't happen :p , lightning never strikes twice!
:vhappy:

hasbeen

FFC Mariner said:
The same CCF who banked the $$ but werent able to organise the match balls? The CCF who's idea of laying new turf is simply to bung it down over the old grass?

I take your point

I thought every team was being supplied a match ball to use for the duration of the comp? Good start by the CCF (Cash Collected Fervently) ... 

FFC Mariner

Apparently we are....................

The actual buying of them in time for the start of the comp seems to have been an issue

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred