• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Summer Sixes

Kareem

Ted said:
We settled for 8 players
well atm
we have '9' players
Soon to be '10'
i have my core 8.
Then I have 2 fill-in players (one which can play gk maybe...)
Thankfully i have 2 mates that are free wednesday nights that can fill in when needed. Works out good for us I suppose.
I just am waiting on signing either a CM or a SW (their positions in outdoor)- wouldnt mind shoring up our defence...but who knows?
ATM
2 strikers, 2 wingers, 2 Mids, 1 GK
:p

tyson

Kareem said:
really?
wow they have gone down from last year...
thats a shame...
My team wont be div3 then :p
i signed my 6th and 7th players today
My 8th should be tomorro (awaiting 2 people...dunno who will get back to me quicker)
Get everyone to sign sheets on Sunday
Go Monday and get in befor deadline

Oh and we dont have a team name

hopefully then we will all be in 2nd div ;)
(Ted's team, Skillbeck's/FFC's team and my team)

I have also signed a promising high profile player yesterday pending eligibility to play in the comp ;)
Probs won't be allowed by CCF to play...

What do you mean by "high profile" player?

Ted

Two that were supposed to be with us didnt sign or pay their fees so I had to look elsewhere. Hence why we only have 8 now and not 9 as first intended. No ring in gun players in our team though, lol.

Kareem

I got no ring-ins
Unless I suppose u count ressies as being a ring-in...(although no more a ring-in than I was in futsal)
Apart from me,  2 SEU21s, 1 SEU u17C's
1 ex- Gos 18B's player (2008), 1 ex-SEU 15s player (back in 2005)
And one new player altogether
And our 9th player is an ex-18A's player from Wyoming

Our 'high profile' player. Someone with talent & flair. Someone who has known status on these forums! And someone with more talent on the ball than I could ever wish to have!
He will probably own up to it :p (You better not!)
Name will be kept under wraps until clearance is given by CCF!

Ted

Kareem said:
I got no ring-ins
Unless I suppose u count ressies as being a ring-in...(although no more a ring-in than I was in futsal)

Our 'high profile' player. Someone with talent & flair. Someone who has known status on these forums! And someone with more talent on the ball than I could ever wish to have!

Well considering my team is a mix of AA6 and O35s you should do well against us.  ;)

Kareem

Ted said:
Kareem said:
I got no ring-ins

Well considering my team is a mix of AA6 and O35s you should do well against us.  ;)
I guess so...
It may have been better if they were more div's- but you cant help low numbers...
i dunno wat CCF will do with us- put us in div1- and risk us gettin hammerred....

I have heard of another late team registering- with 'ring-ins' aiming for 2nd div...Please NO!

Ted

I was told teams with a majority of prem, ressies, A grade and AA1 players in it will most likely be playing in Div One.

Kareem

Ted said:
I was told teams with a majority of prem, ressies, A grade and AA1 players in it will most likely be playing in Div One.
well they technically wont be that category (only one will be one of 'those' players)- the rest wont fit the bill- hence my concern :p...
What can you do?
NB: A couple of explayers who didnt play this year (warranting a blank in who did u play for last year) and maybe some players who may be considered 'ring-ins' in MAA...
Also my 9th ('squad' player) may end up playing for them. The ex-18A's player (who doesnt count as an A grade player since he didnt play this year)

NB: I suppose me being a ressies is like being a ring-in  :ashamed:
But I will probs play defensively, which if you ask my coach...I'm an attacker not a defender  :vhappy: :p

Kareem

coast said:
Anyone know what time teams need to be in, and where too? can't find details
i rang up office. Apparently it was some mistake???
I would send him an eamil if ur worried. But I believe we just send (or drop-in) the forms.
Everything else may get sorted out 1st round...
According to CCF- there is no registration night (i rang up and asked)
Teams should be in prior to 5pm on Monday I presume considering Daniel Barrett works 9am-5pm. Although I came 4:55 other day and he wasnt there so I wouldnt leave it that late...

Kareem

Great news
On eve of registering me. My 8th signing has renegged. He was due to 'sign' tomorro.
I'm left trying to find a player in less than 24 hours :p

Ted

PubBrawler said:
Have Mick and the marinets got a team is this comp again, last season we had some fun banter going on!

I think they have mate, but depends on what Div they are playing in.

Have been informed there are now 3 divisions.

Kareem

Ted said:
PubBrawler said:
Have Mick and the marinets got a team is this comp again, last season we had some fun banter going on!

last minute registrations ;)

i guess maybe we might not all be in the same div anymore... :(
But from the logical perspective, more teams = more competitive divisions (at least you'd hope so)

Bear

Ted said:
PubBrawler said:

bring it

keanu-kungfu.jpg

Bear

i heard

i laughed

reports of 1 bloke repeatedly falling over for no apparent reason

your lot should have started pre season 4 months ago

;)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Bear said:
i heard

i laughed

reports of 1 bloke repeatedly falling over for no apparent reason

Yeah...I rocked up and took some video of their training:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0do5xlE9C_A

(I know we've all probably seen that video, but it's always funny, and I figured it was an appropriate response to Bear's comments!)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred