• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Summer Sixes

FFC Mariner

Contractual issues prohibit the release of the name at this time.

Rest assurred, Skillers has the whole PR thing ready to go when the player has signed.

Money has been agreed (none) and all that remains are his unreasonable demands about product licensing his image.

mariners4ever

FFC Mariner said:

Rest assurred, Skillers has the whole PR thing ready to go when the player has signed.

Money has been agreed (none) and all that remains are his unreasonable demands about product licensing his image.

is it kareem ???

Kareem

Nah Nah
I've been signed as the experienced head for a young team ;) :p
All 19 years of experience is sure to come in handy :p

FFC Mariner

mariners4ever said:
FFC Mariner said:

is it kareem ???

Bidding was too intense and we couldnt get even close to the money (none)

hasbeen

Tell me, is this money-grabbing little exercise based on the same comp. as last year?
Half size pitch, and full size goals ... or is the CCF putting in at least a token effort to have the comp. resemble something like a proper six-a-side?

Bear

hasbeen said:
Tell me, is this money-grabbing little exercise based on the same comp. as last year?
Half size pitch, and full size goals ... or is the CCF putting in at least a token effort to have the comp. resemble something like a proper six-a-side?

lolz
did you play the comp last year? It was awesome with big goals on a small field.
but i guess any chance to have a dig at ccf hey

hasbeen

Pity the poor keepers in this shooting practice .. maybe someone can enlighten me as to why full size goals are used other than the CCF are too tight to fork out for real goals ... and I don't need a chance to have a dig .. the target is as huge as the six-a-side goals ...

dibo

hasbeen said:

You know that football associations are non-profit? There's nobody buying mansions out of this. There's no dividend going to some fatcat. Money comes in and goes out in pursuit of the objectives of the association - to advance football on the Central Coast.

Should absolutely nothing at CCF run at a surplus or loss? If so, you could probably can and/or bump up people's registration fees on a whole bunch of loss-making exercises.

Sixes comps are great because they are a way for people to get an entree to the game without the commitment to a full winter season. It's a super way to introduce people to the game. If it makes a couple of bucks on the side to help cover the costs of other things, super.

[/view from the outside in]

hasbeen

dibo said:
hasbeen said:

Sixes comps are great because they are a way for people to get an entree to the game without the commitment to a full winter season. It's a super way to introduce people to the game. If it makes a couple of bucks on the side to help cover the costs of other things, super.

Are you seriously saying that this introduces people who don't already play in the CCF Winter Comp? Get real ... it is simply a quick buck for the CCF job. $800 per team for say 20 teams is $16K .. and the CCF don't pay for the venue, don't buy real 6-a-side goals, use jobs for the boys' refs, and all the while ruining the Pluim park pitches when they should be rested.

The CCF couldn't even be bothered advertising the  Winter Comp finals, and chose to spout the six-a-side comp instead. What does that say to you?

dibo

hasbeen said:
dibo said:
hasbeen said:

Are you seriously saying that this introduces people who don't already play in the CCF Winter Comp? Get real ... it is simply a quick buck for the CCF job. $800 per team for say 20 teams is $16K .. and the CCF don't pay for the venue, don't buy real 6-a-side goals, use jobs for the boys' refs, and all the while ruining the Pluim park pitches when they should be rested.

The CCF couldn't even be bothered advertising the  Winter Comp finals, and chose to spout the six-a-side comp instead. What does that say to you?

I don't have stats from CCF, but I know that from the six a side comps i've played in they draw people who play 'socially' as well as players registered in winter comps. those 'social' players become converts to the 11-a-side game as well. so yes, i would claim that some of the players in the 6-a-side are coming in from outside the winter sides. if it brings in $16k (gross), that would help offset the costs of other things in the wintertime.

to answer your last point, you need to advertise the sixes so that people know they're on. the people in the finals generally have a pretty good idea that they're on without the need for something on the website.

no matter what is said about this and other matters however, there is a general theme in all these ccf threads - people determined to be disappointed invariably will find a way.

Kareem

personally I find big goals a bit too crazy...and this is from someone who played outfield & gk!
Not enough emphasis on skill, more on shooting!

That said my mate (a GK) needs a good offseason so big goals will be perfect for him in preperation for new season!

Ted

Jimmy said:
Am looking for a team, if anyone is looking for a player.

We may need another player yet. All depends on what Sym is doing.

We are looking at 9 players in our team. Unlike last year you can't borrow from other teams or use ringins either. Teams with the bare minimum will likely have to play short if a player can't make it.

Kareem

Ted said:
Jimmy said:
Am looking for a team, if anyone is looking for a player.

We may need another player yet. All depends on what Sym is doing.

We are looking at 9 players in our team. Unlike last year you can't borrow from other teams or use ringins either. Teams with the bare minimum will likely have to play short if a player can't make it.
for real?
damn...it was a big advantage over futsal for that reason.
I suppose you need 8-9 for teams now...
and I'm screwed :p , I'm the oldest in my team (19) so I am very curious about how reliable my guys will be :p

Kareem

but technically I suppose you could use the max 10 for rego?
I got 2-3 friends (but you would have to pre-register I suppose) hopefully who can just fill in when needed...although all of us diehards on here however would prefer to be guaranteed 100% playing time ofcourse ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred