• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Songs 'N Chants

Paolo

tbh i would prefer a whole bay singing a decent sounding chant then a whole stadium singing "mariners clap clap clap'......but thats me

Alicia

keensy said:
tbh i would prefer a whole bay singing a decent sounding chant then a whole stadium singing "mariners clap clap clap'......but thats me

It's all about education young keensy.  Last season was the first season we've heard the rest of the stadium chant much of anything... so at this point, we should be grateful they've found their vocal chords.

This season it time to strike while the irons hot!  Bays 15, 16 and 17 need to chant as loud as possible, and eventually the rest of the stadium will catch on.

Have faith young one.  Lead, and they will follow.

Paolo

yeah, but the issue atm is that the bay cant seem to string a decent song together.....should be worried about sorting that out before worrying about getting the rest of the stadium involved.

Alicia

keensy said:
yeah, but the issue atm is that the bay cant seem to string a decent song together.....should be worried about sorting that out before worrying about getting the rest of the stadium involved.

I agree, at times the bay effort isn't 100%.  Your complaint was with regards to 'Mariners clap clap clap'.  I would say 8/10 times the bay has participated in this chant is because the rest of the stadium is doing it.  There's not point in chanting against it, you may as well go with the flow.

Paolo

Alicia said:
keensy said:

I agree, at times the bay effort *and willingness to learn new songs* is non existent. 
fixed it for you

Alicia

keensy said:
Alicia said:
keensy said:

I agree, at times the bay effort *and willingness to learn new songs* is non existent. 
fixed it for you

Don't you mean fixed it to suit yourself?

BiggusMickus

Whatever is agreed as a new chant or song, it needs to be simple so that more people can/will join in. I sit on the 1/2 way line with my father and it is hard to hear what the bay is singing and therefore join in. The ones that are usually clear are: Mariners, clap, clap, clap; Come on you Yellow; Lawrie McKinna's Yellow Army.

I am keen to get the Prawn Sandwich Brigade that sits around me to get involved but trying the decipher songs (especially long ones) in time to have other people join in is very difficult.

Pick a song that has a tune most people will know: Hickory Dickory Dock; I still call Australia home; The National Anthem.
Change the words to suit.
Sing all game long until everyone gets it

Just as an example (To the tune of I Still Call Australia Home)....

We've played Newcastle
And Sydney as well,
When we went to Perth
Boy did we give them hell
No Matter how far or how wide we roam
We still bring the Premiership home

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
BiggusMickus said:
How about this for when the Red Cards are used at Shield/Breeze.....
(to the tune of I See Red by Split Enz)

Another A-League referee
I see red, I see red, I see red
You're not fit for the Junior League
I see red , I see red, I see red
I see reeeeeeeed, I see red

ARRRHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...thats a pearler

dru

RECKY said:
BiggusMickus said:
How about this for when the Red Cards are used at Shield/Breeze.....
(to the tune of I See Red by Split Enz)

Another A-League referee
I see red, I see red, I see red
You're not fit for the Junior League
I see red , I see red, I see red
I see reeeeeeeed, I see red

ARRRHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...thats a pearler

And a lot more PC than trying to get the angels "am I ever going to see your face again" going when the red card comes out. I still reckon if griffiths got the red the angels will be sung by one and all with gusto.

The only problem with i see red will be the tendency to do it fast.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
well....it was a pretty brisk tune anyway  Dru....the Enz didnt muck around with that one at all

Matthew Breeze hits the coast
I SEE RED, I SEE RED, I SEE RED
or
when sheilds gets his arse on the pitch
I SEE RED, I SEE RED, I SEE RED

Deej

Alicia said:
keensy said:
Alicia said:
keensy said:

fixed it for you

Don't you mean fixed it to suit yourself?

I have to agree with Keensy, we need new material, there's plenty of suggestions we've just gotta learn them and try them out!

If I hear let's go Mariners let's go 1 more time I'm gonna scream!

For example this is so friggin easy to learn and with a load of people shouting it would sound awesome :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-4ce7bfvIk

No one rates us
No one rates us
No one rates us
We don't care
We're the Mariners
Super Mariners
We're the Mariners from the Coast

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeA7Bqa1o4

ello ello
We are the Coastie boys
ello ello
We are the Coastie boys
and if you are a Jets fan
Surrender or you'll die
coz we are follow the Mariners

Mariner Girl

I would like to see more singing (as in the EPL) than chants. Mariners clap clap clap
doesn't have the same effect as the whole bay(s) singing.  :eek:verhead:

Arabmariner

brennan said:
Hope thats not what the bays gonna be like all season...
Thankfully most of the folks who go there ...or else where for that matter ......don't think like that otherwise football on the coast would be f**ked!!

It's pre-season you twat..............FIRE UP FOR THE REAL STUFF!!!! :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred