• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Songs 'N Chants

Ancient Mariner

Traditional team songs "happen".

They do not get selected (unless you are AFL, and cringe every time your "song" is played).

The Game of Thrones theme is associated with the CCM. It is original, compared to the rest of the clubs' EPL imitations and it is "happening" as our tune.

Run with it. :thumbup:

style_cafe

Since the whole walk out song thing has kicked off lately and there's plenty of ideas being thrown around I guess it's a good time to clear something up.
Before the start of last season the brass band had written an awesome game of thrones themed song that was played a few times before home games early on but never really caught on,mostly lack of communication etc about what was happening.I remember the OSC doing a poll of sorts last season to get interest but nothing came of it.For this sort of thing,polls are useless imo.Say it gets down to 2 songs and the vote is 51% to 49%.You've got half a stadium not liking it.It won't work.
For somethhing like this to work it HAS to start from active support.A couple of weeks ago Prior,shaun,Darren (band leader) and myself met and discussed the walk out song and decided the Game of thrones theme one was best.People seem to be under the assumption that the title needs to have "yellow" in it....if I see some body suggest "Yellow" by Coldplay one more time I will snap.That song is more likely to put the boys to sleep rather then pump them up.
WE were hoping to get a bunch of fans together and record it by now but other commitments have gotten in the way of that,but it will happen at some stage.
For those that don't know,the FFA are forcing all clubs to have a walkout song this season.The idea is though we won't have to play a recording of it at home because we obviously have the band.The recording will probably be mostly used for people to learn it and for example when we play a "home" game away like Geelong.
As I said,the FFA Are forcing this on clubs this season so a decision had to be made.Hopefully even if it's not completely to peoples liking they can get behind it.
Also,this is a song with lyrics written by fans which I think adds a good touch to it.

With the band playing it, I`m in.
Post the words here, have some flyers @ the first game & when they walk out put the words on the scoreboard.
Then it may stand a chance.
Good work Lads!!!

nearlyyellow

an awesome game of thrones themed song
Could be really really good. YouTube has plenty of brass band covers, some good, some so so, but this one is (ahem) interesting..

:D Thrones, you know, thrones, where he is .. :rolleyes:

Anyway I assume FFA will have the final say? To avoid conflicts and stuff? What about copyrights etc. ?

Shaun Mielekamp

Since the whole walk out song thing has kicked off lately and there's plenty of ideas being thrown around I guess it's a good time to clear something up.
Before the start of last season the brass band had written an awesome game of thrones themed song that was played a few times before home games early on but never really caught on,mostly lack of communication etc about what was happening.I remember the OSC doing a poll of sorts last season to get interest but nothing came of it.For this sort of thing,polls are useless imo.Say it gets down to 2 songs and the vote is 51% to 49%.You've got half a stadium not liking it.It won't work.
For somethhing like this to work it HAS to start from active support.A couple of weeks ago Prior,shaun,Darren (band leader) and myself met and discussed the walk out song and decided the Game of thrones theme one was best.People seem to be under the assumption that the title needs to have "yellow" in it....if I see some body suggest "Yellow" by Coldplay one more time I will snap.That song is more likely to put the boys to sleep rather then pump them up.
WE were hoping to get a bunch of fans together and record it by now but other commitments have gotten in the way of that,but it will happen at some stage.
For those that don't know,the FFA are forcing all clubs to have a walkout song this season.The idea is though we won't have to play a recording of it at home because we obviously have the band.The recording will probably be mostly used for people to learn it and for example when we play a "home" game away like Geelong.
As I said,the FFA Are forcing this on clubs this season so a decision had to be made.Hopefully even if it's not completely to peoples liking they can get behind it.
Also,this is a song with lyrics written by fans which I think adds a good touch to it.
Just to confirm this is 100% correct about the FFA requirement and the thing to keep in mind it is not what happens in round 1 it is what we finish with against the jets last home game that matters.

Over the course of the season it will grow and as word gets out that this is unique and has come from Mariners fans and members it has the chance to become something very special.

I have already spoken to a couple senior players and they rate the concept and a few recognised the chant from last season.

So to hear the players already are aware of it then it has the opportunity to do exactly what you want the walk out song to do; and that is get the boys all fired up

FFC Mariner

Sadly., it is impossible to hear the pa in the Northern open end. No one has any idea what's being said.

Somehow the stadium need to improve that part of the facility.

Atomic

Traditional team songs "happen".

They do not get selected (unless you are AFL, and cringe every time your "song" is played).

The Game of Thrones theme is associated with the CCM. It is original, compared to the rest of the clubs' EPL imitations and it is "happening" as our tune.

Run with it. :thumbup:
It also has a nice synergy with CCS being known as "The Fortress" :)

Wombat

I suppose someone must! ;)

I don't always agree with Dibo but this time I'm with him.... that song is pretty lame. Maybe suitable for a mad max movie but not good enough for us.
Maybe something the Scummers would come up with.
Sorry to offend anyone and plenty of songs that i remember as being great, now sound gash when listened to with older ears.

MagpieMariner

Not offended, I just tossed it up as a suggestion. My favourite is the Collingwood song (lyrics amended), but I'm sure most people would prefer Rose Tattoo to that. :)

sydmariner

Here's one to sing as the drive-bys walk out on Sunday.
To the tune of "You'll never walk alone"

When you walk, out that gate

Bend your head, down in shame

And don’t be afraid of the press

Once you’re out, of the gate,

You’re a disgrace to our game

You were caught out, its time to confess.

Walk out,

Walk out,

With shame in your heart

For you’ll never walk back here
what about "you'll never get a job" (to the tune of ynwa) lol

dibo

An edit to a song that the YA do (infrequently) but which has massive potential as an all-of-stadium call-and-response:

We are the Coast
We're wonderful
We're going crazy after every f**king every time we score a goal
We're gonna win
We're gonna sing
Because the yellow and the blue mean everything

This solves two problems, really.

The first is that the third line always felt stuttery and a bit forced. The second is that with the re-word, it could be put up on a big screen and we could 'train' the crowd to do it, just like WSW did with WDWSF.

Look at (the original, and best) exponents of this tune - Panathinaikos:

This has massive, massive potential.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred