• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Songs 'N Chants

eenfish

Also fine, be a prick, shush the crowd, as long as you're scoring goals and defending well then I'll forgive you. As long as you don't put on a Jets top and call us a pack of arseholes or something.

VicMariner

The band doing Dale Cavese would be pretty cool.
Listen to the second track "Cavese - Dale Boca" in the link to hear a band playing it:

ETA
Link removed due to spam issues.

Last edited:

dibo

What, that tune that we sing, but with absolutely no tune?

Like this one:

There's meant to be a tune; each line is in a different pitch - high, low, high, lower.

The band could definitely help, by showing that there is actually a tune there. At the moment, in both cases, we just sing the same line four times. It's loud, but it sounds frankly crap.

VicMariner

Like this one:

There's meant to be a tune; each line is in a different pitch - high, low, high, lower.

The band could definitely help, by showing that there is actually a tune there. At the moment, in both cases, we just sing the same line four times. It's loud, but it sounds frankly crap.
If the band does it like the mp3 I linked to it will be fantastic.

That second one does not sound right?

VicMariner

No, it sounds too much like the one that the RBB use
1) They didn't invent it and they don't own it. It's a football song famous all over the world.
2) They do "Who do we sing for". We did that first. The Mariners band would do Cavese waaay better than them.
3) Screw the RBB.

Luke

Like this one:

THIS.It frustrates me immensely.I just do it the proper way and hope people will catch on.

dibo

:oops: So......the YA already does DC?
I've never noticed. :oops:

If you had a trumpet play the melody like in the mp3 people could follow that.
Because we do it really poorly.

If the band does it like the mp3 I linked to it will be fantastic.

That second one does not sound right?
When that site kept on opening new spam tabs I killed it off, so I haven't listened to the MP3 you linked to.

dibo

The band is at the front of that. I believe that one thing we *really* need to do is bring voices on more strongly. Otherwise every time we're away, we sound like... well... nothing. The band should be supporting and bolstering voices, not the other way round. We want to be known for our loud voices *as well as* our band.

Even things like the band and voices alternating would be good to ensure we actually sing rather than clapping along to the tunes.

nearlyyellow

I want 5% of this at the game on 24/1 vs. the Smurfs.

Aris Thessaloniki

I wish I knew what they were singing. Sensational fan interaction. I know it's a basketball game but they do have a Football club too.

Luke

:oops: So......the YA already does DC?
I've never noticed. :oops:

If you had a trumpet play the melody like in the mp3 people could follow that.

Yeah.We don't do it that often which is probably why you haven't noticed.Then when we do it,it's done wrong.We actually did it for the 1st 5 minutes on Sunday.
It's one of my favorite chants.Here's a video of Ajax fans doing it which is how it should be done IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred