• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos to play Singapore in preparation for China

serious14

northernspirit said:
harry kewell: if that game was to save ur liverpool career u may wanna start trialing at everton :D

Hahaha, considering the dross that was surrounding him, I thought he did pretty well.

Archie, A. Griffiths - get away from my beloved Socceroo's shirt, I never want to see you in one of them again. Disgraceful.

The Hyphenator surprised me, he was pretty solid.  Good to see Troisi get a solid run as well.

The rest were just "meh", although Jedi did have his moments.

I can just see the Terrorgraph headline tomorrow - "Verbeek says: told you the A-League was shit".  :p

tyson

I think Holland played pretty well. Harry controlled midfield well. Mile didn't manage to stand out and wasn't as good as Grella, but he did really well. I also think Nathan Burns did well too.

Archie and A. Griffiths were by far the worst, Griffiths passed to Singapore nearly every time, while Archie didn't even get to because they tackled him before he could pass.

How was the Hyphenator's long-range shot! FAAAAARK.

FFC Mariner

Given the terrible pitch, lack of game time for a few weeks and the meaningless nature of the game, I dont think you can draw too much from the game really.

Having said that, Archie had his usual game for Australia - shit/lazy

A Griffiths?? f**king awful

Did Bridge play??

Thought that Judas was solid, Boogs was ok

Bout it really

Bear

thomas477 said:
Adam Griffiths is not a WB
He is a CB or CM not a fukin wing back

Great players can adapt, stop making excuses, he was rubbish, the whole world knows it, so just dry your eyes and admit it

Gen (MarinerMum)

My grass grew 2mm during that time.  It is green with brown pathces.

Oh! that's right this is footeroos, sorry.  Boring, played at Singapore level, woeful pitch was worse than my backyard, however, thought Jedi did OK, Griffiths might have passed the ball better if he was blindfolded (shite)  Congrats to Jade North, first indigenous Australian to capt our Australian footeroos!.  Not firt indigenous captain as cricket had that close to 100 years ago with indigenous australian team.  However, first in the modern era.  Truely a game that embrasses the idea of world.

If this team played China, I'm sorry but we are on the back foot.  Would have liked to see them play on a better pitch rather than a mud heap.

Next week had better improve otherwise I will have to mow the lawn during the g ame.  LOL

Mariner Girl

Confession time - I was flicking between this game and the Wests Tigers NRL on another Fox channel, but IQ'd the socceroos match so I can watch Viddy again in the studio ;)

northernspirit

Mariner Girl said:
Confession time - I was flicking between this game and the Wests Tigers NRL on another Fox channel, but IQ'd the socceroos match so I can watch Viddy again in the studio ;)
glad you dont hold a grudge for his mistake in the grand final ;)
bring on wednesday, china gonna get a hiding :D

tyson

thomas477 said:
Adam Griffiths is not a WB
He is a CB or CM not a fukin wing back

Thats no excuse for not being able to pass a ball dude. You have to be able to pass in any position, and you learn how to do it in under 6s and 7s.

pjennings

northernspirit said:
what a yawn of a game, pains me to say it but james holland played well in patches - adam griffiths was woeful, mile a gun as usual - troisi needs to get regular game time, he has so much potential... we definately need as many of our big guns back as possible - p.s: harry kewell: if that game was to save ur liverpool career u may wanna start trialing at everton :D

Harry won't be judged on that game (unimportant friendly on a crap pitch) - though he didn't play badly and looked a level above. And he would never go to Everton - rather play for Liverpool reserves - oh wait he does. He will want to impress against China though. Burns also looked good when he came on. The rest of them should just hope for another chance on a better pitch. 

swarey

Here's a few pickies from 442

SingaporeRoos.jpg

MileSocceroos2.jpg

NO WONDER THE PITCH WAS SHIT, HAVE A GO AT THIS

SingaporePitch.jpg

SingaporePitch1.jpg

T

thanman

tyson said:
Archie and A. Griffiths were by far the worst, Griffiths passed to Singapore nearly every time, while Archie didn't even get to because they tackled him before he could pass.
Well Archie does need some room in order to get the ball passed to someone else.. he usually got it  when he was already well marked..

and
northernspirit said:
p.s: harry kewell: if that game was to save ur liverpool career u may wanna start trialing at everton :D
I agree.. to only play one half.. and expect to actually still be in Liverpool's 1sts.. you gave me a good laugh.. goose!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred