• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should Monty Be Signed for Another Season?

Should Monty Get another season?

• Yes

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd prefer other players with we have tried, with no heart,no guts and no idea but cheaper.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He should stay but on a reduced contract.

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

PommyMontyFan

Hey guys, Sheffield United fan from England here. I saw a link to this thread on our forum and just wanted to say how awesome it is to see such an outpouring of love for Monty.

For some weird reason a lot of our fans disliked him....I have no idea why. He may never have been the most talented or skillful player, but he was a fighter, a battler, a combative midfielder who never gave any less than 110% for our club, and left everything out on the pitch in every game he played. It's amazing to see how much you guys appreciated him, and I sincerely hope he has a long and happy "retirement" coaching your players and helping Aussie football (soccer?) develop.

Good luck Monty and CCM, and he'll always be welcome back in Sheffield as far as I'm concerned.

Big Al

Yep street fighters are dying breed, its all about technical skills.

What about Arsenal, pretty to watch but melt under pressure.

Monty was the bloke every team needs

diode_blade

Monty could be frustrating at times but the lad had a heart of gold and gave everything in a red and shirt for the Blades and judging by the comments on here he did the same for you guys, on his day no one could get near him and he would be the dominating force in the middle allowing the other better passers to help carve open the opposition, bless you Monty and thank you for all you gave to the blades, good luck in your retirement and bring the Mariners over to Sheffield for a friendly, I'm sure Tufty will get the peroni out....:D

Atomic

Does anyone feel a bit depressed that we didn't get the opportunity to give Monty a proper send off? I'd like to propose that those of us that want to show Monty our appreciation, chip in and we get him a present on behalf of ccmfans.net. I'm thinking if we raise $240, we can get him and his missus to dinner vouchers to Bells @ Killcare, the same as we did for Storm when he broke his leg.

To indicate whether you want to contribute, just hit the "like" icon, below. If there's enough interest, I'll set up a Paypal account for you to deposit your money into.

Since we are all just a bunch of anonymous keyboard warriors, I'll send the vouchers to the club and let them forward it onto Monty on our behalf.

Wombat

Great idea Atomic.
Put me down for $20 and a 1 hour free massage voucher at East Gosford.
I can take the vouchers (if we raise enough) into the club for you.

Wombat

Please see the new thread "Appreciation for Monty" and get behind Atomic's excellent idea. Monty is a f**king diamond. Lets show our appreciation. Even $5 would be fantastic......do your best Coasties!!:overheadl:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred