• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Seeing the back of Charlesworth

Will you back MC to the end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pjennings

I would put in $500 a year to be an owner/shareholder but doubt more than a thousand would.

I think the numbers would be small. I would but from my family of what was 5 season ticket members I am the only one. I suspect 500 would be closer to the mark.

jacobsfl

I think the numbers would be small. I would but from my family of what was 5 season ticket members I am the only one. I suspect 500 would be closer to the mark.
The issue is that too many people would need to make the payment for it to be effective.

marinerbhoy

Maybe it could be a combination of things.
- Mariners Fans Trust could raise enough for 10-15%. Ongoing costs and contributions for Trust shareholders could be mitigated through fundraising activities.
- Could CCF add a small levy to regos to buy a stake?
- Council could take a stake to maintain a tenant? Fanciful I know.
- Private ownership without having to take 100%

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Charlie1

For this community ownership to happen would take a lot of work. How does it happen? Who starts it ? Would it be able to happen in time? As much as I like the idea I think there needs to be a owner first and over time the community takes over. Honestly can’t see it happening.

Big Al

It’s not just $4m or what ever he does want it’s the $1m per year to keep it running that makes it unrealistic

Ancient Mariner

For all those who think the Club will be relocated or that South Melbourne, or Canberra may buy it, do not worry it will not happen.
The FFA will not allow it. They can make a lot of money by selling a new licence to any new entrant. If they allow MC to sell to a new entrant they make SFA.
If their is a buyer for the licence the Mariners will stay on the Coast.
If there is no buyer then the licence gets handed back and CCM goes the way of Aukland, Gold Coast and North Queensland.

pjennings

It’s not just $4m or what ever he does want it’s the $1m per year to keep it running that makes it unrealistic

And until there are additional (or indeed any given Covid) revenue streams that $1m+ per season will be recurring for the foreseeable future.

Ironbark

Need to change the name of the thread to
SEEING THE BACK OF CHARLESWORTH
Yeah look I'm angry at the lack of investment and the continuous degradation of our great club.

But I don't blame MC for this. He just didn't have the money, didn't have deep enough pockets to invest further and that's not his fault.

Indeed I'd like to thank him for saving the club when he did and for sinking millions in over the years at no return to himself. He lost millions keeping us afloat.

So thank you, Mike, for all that you could do for us over the years. Genuinely.

I'd like to rename this thread something else, like, The sale of CCM: what does the future hold?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred