• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Seeing the back of Charlesworth

Will you back MC to the end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pirate Pete

well, didn't expect to wake up to this.
He could've at least let us and the players enjoy the bloody win for a day or two.....
yeah, I'm worried about what this means. I don't have a lot of confidence in the license staying on the coast.
And if it moves, I'm done with the HAL.
I wonder if the Central Coast Council are waking up to the news too.
A nice boutique stadium that they have to maintain.
For what? Potentially 4 or 5 NRL matches a season?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Pikey has had enough huh !...Shaun says moving the club ain’t on , I seriously doubt anyone is gonna snap up the license in the prevailing worldwide situation.... and as much as I don’t want it to be so, I think I can hear last rites strumming away in the distance

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Shaun was on the radio this morning and confirmed relocation is not a deal breaker in the sale. They'd prefer to keep it local but if they cant then Mike isnt going to hand back the license for free.
I honestly can't see any scenario where we wouldn't get a bigger offer for relocation.

So much for Mike saying all along he won't let the club be moved.

turbo

I wonder if the Central Coast Council are waking up to the news too.
A nice boutique stadium that they have to maintain.
For what? Potentially 4 or 5 NRL matches a season?

Might still be some hope if a prospective owner comes in hard on management rights or at least a more favourable deal. Main tenant hanging on by a thread. Then again the council might say oh well time to sell the site to a developer mate for apartments.

turbo

I honestly can't see any scenario where we wouldn't get a bigger offer for relocation.

Might not come down to being higher to stay local but bridging the gap a bit if they can. As for not letting the club be moved I believe he really didnt want it moved but people have limits and he's not nearly as cashed up as some other owners all experiencing the wealth hit from COVID. If its a choice between allowing a relocation and handing it back to the FFA who might relocate anyway I know what I'd do. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Pirate Pete

Pre covid he said that.
Stating the bloody obvious but things have changed massively now.
And who knows when it'll end. Can't blame him really.

Blackadder

For any perspective owners , relocate to NSO and rename the team Northern Spirit FC. :piralaugh:
Seriously, perhaps a major investor and community based package is on the cards??

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Somebody on reddit pointed out that this will be a big hindrance for recruitment until the future of the club is established. Who wants to re-sign with a club that may not exist for next season, or may have relocated?

Pirate Pete

any thoughts on how the CoE ties into this?
I was just thinking about that. Someone may know more, but it's a separate entity isn't it?
I would imagine it'll just go on as it is now.
Offices, five a side. Swimming pool.
Dare I say someone will buy it. Their "friends" on the council will fix the road and it'll be worth five times as much.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I was just thinking about that. Someone may know more, but it's a separate entity isn't it?
I would imagine it'll just go on as it is now.
Offices, five a side. Swimming pool.
Dare I say someone will buy it. Their "friends" on the council will fix the road and it'll be worth five times as much.
That's what I'm thinking, I wonder if there's any chance of a 'package deal' - ie if it's something that a potential investor could look at as having potential and want to take on both.

Pirate Pete

That's what I'm thinking, I wonder if there's any chance of a 'package deal' - ie if it's something that a potential investor could look at as having potential and want to take on both.
Could be a long drawn out process with the potential buyer negotiating with Charlesworth and the council.
In which case the new buyer could decide it's just easier to relocate.

marinermick

Now there are three threads about this. It is 11pm, Middy, do you honestly think there hasn’t already been talk about this by now that you have to start a new thread? And can you not read through existing threads without posting one with the exact same title?

turbo

"Mielekamp said the council's latest rejection, only a fortnight ago, of an extensive plan submitted to the council that would have included major investment into the stadium from Charlesworth was the "straw that broke the camel's back" for his involvement with the club."

Looks like the council's bluff has been called. Well done council, failing us as football fans and rate payers.

marinermick

"Mielekamp said the council's latest rejection, only a fortnight ago, of an extensive plan submitted to the council that would have included major investment into the stadium from Charlesworth was the "straw that broke the camel's back" for his involvement with the club."

Looks like the council's bluff has been called. Well done council, failing us as football fans and rate payers.

$4 million. He could have more than double that a few years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami