• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Scum v CCM

cbowden9000

I had an absolute ball today! This was my first Newcastle away game and I'll be sure to never miss another one! At Bluetongue I sit quietly near the centre of the field concentrating on the game, but it was great to experience something different in singing and chanting today!

I've made a promise to myself that I'll never miss another Sydney or Newcastle away game. Ever.

midfielder

Matty last two goals .... a touch of arse ... or a touch of a fine finisher ... If Messy had scored Matties last two goals headlines would scream of the running off the ball ... reading the play... and the ever so gentle touch ... the goal against the Roar was unbelievable.. todays goal .... he just put enough wait on the ball to pass the keeper and with no panic placed the ball in the net...

MrCelery

Hi Jets4life, thanks for having us up there today and congrats on an awesome turn out if not the performance you would have been after.

I found many Jets supporter to be the most reasonable I have ever experienced today and it was easily the most congenial and best away trip to EAS I have so far had - which I think is better for all parties in all ways.

Re security... I'm not a regular member of the active support at Bluey but I was in the away bay chanting today... and yep, the Hatamoto was it, tried to enforce the new no swearing policy - beginning with a strong talking too and threats of expulsion etc... Which only amounted to being chanted at - "that we were being censored" LMAO
And changing f**king to fudging and other such... Hilarious stuff. Apart from that they stood around glaring at everyone and just trying to intimidate and inject their presence in a way which in all honesty so clearly just wasn't required.

Hard luck on losing Ljubo. Good news though as Topor has really grown being along side of him and is real class for you guys now. And at least a lot is going right off the park for you.

See you guys for the last day Derby!
(Try to behave though won't you ;) )

Best
FP

What's this with the Bogan Scum love and sympathy?

It's simply un-Mariners.

Forum Phoenix

:-*

Love? :naughty:
:vomit:

I responded with the respect I felt the initial post merited in its own right.
I also genuinely had a pleasant experience up there at the game today, and in the pub we went to before and after. I admit its true I would fail as an ultra, howeve for mine, while I've had some poor experiences in the past, I prefer the idea that being gracious and respectful to people is not being un mariners like at all...?

But if you really think it's necessary...

Hi Jets4life, thanks for having us up there today and congrats on an awesome turn out if not the performance you would have been after.

I found many Jets supporter to be the most reasonable I have ever experienced today and it was easily the most congenial and best away trip to EAS I have so far had - which I think is better for all parties in all ways.

Re security... I'm not a regular member of the active support at Bluey but I was in the away bay chanting today... and yep, the Hatamoto was it, tried to enforce the new no swearing policy - beginning with a strong talking too and threats of expulsion etc... Which only amounted to being chanted at - "that we were being censored" LMAO
And changing f**king to fudging and other such... Hilarious stuff. Apart from that they stood around glaring at everyone and just trying to intimidate and inject their presence in a way which in all honesty so clearly just wasn't required.

Hard luck on losing Ljubo. Good news though as Topor has really grown being along side of him and is real class for you guys now. And at least a lot is going right off the park for you.

(Try to behave though won't you )

Best
FP

Dear Bogan,

Feck off you kent. :pirate:

Sincerely

FP

Better? :unsure:

Roy Law

Hutcho, Hutcho man! Never in the field of human endeavour has one team so outclassed another for such little reward. I thought we would thrash them 1-0, my nerves were on edge, then up stepped a Mariner legend to ease my troubled mind. John Hutchinson reminded the Kwasniks, the Bairds and the Simons that goalscoring can be a very simple but effective art.
Apart from a brief spell when Ruben “two footed jump tackle” Zadkovich single handedly took us on in midfield and forced a fine save from Matt Ryan we were in complete control. Only Adam Kwasnik will know how he missed that open chance; if he had taken it we would have won by 4 or 5 goals. I was so angry i wanted to throttle him, shoot him, hang him from the highest yard-arm and boil him in oil. He’d been playing well to that point but showed us his weakness – from ruthless (Brisbane) to useless.
I thought Ryan was faultless, the back four as tight as Centrelink, the midfield diamond sparkled and up front Matt Simon could have become the competition’s leading scorer if team-mates had the composure to look. I would say Bozanic was our best from a list of candidates – Ryan, Wilko for that great cover tackle after Bojic’s error, Zwaanswijk so dominant that I hardly noticed him, McGlinchey busy and skilful as ever, Griffiths providing the possession and the drive and Perez – unstoppable until he ran out of gas around sixty minutes.
The bench made for conspiracy theories – Hutch – was Amini spelled by a wise Arnold? Sainsbury instead of Doig – is Doig moving on? And Baird, still not match fit, instead of McBreen –is McBreen going too? Or was Arnie just rotating the squad?
Whatever, ultimately we thoroughly deserved the three points, we are in second place and Hutch is a Mariner legend.
:eek:verhead:

BaysideMariner

Is written up on the fox news channel as an uninspiring game that nobody dominated. (The commentator David Lowe must also write for them )

Timmah

Definitely agree that it was the calmest and best trip up there I've had, think I've been to 4 or 5 away derbys.

Not one away fan yelling at me between my seat and the car as I left. Positive crowd support. YA looked AWESOME from my vantage point, was awesome to see ya's going off like frogs in a sock when we scored and again at fulltime celebrating the win.

Wish I wasn't at the cricket on Sunday next weekend, Sydney FC again should be awesome. FIRE UP!

Jets4Life

I also genuinely had a pleasant experience up there at the game today, and in the pub we went to before and after. I admit its true I would fail as an ultra, howeve for mine, while I've had some poor experiences in the past, I prefer the idea that being gracious and respectful to people is not being un mariners like at all...?

Dear Bogan,

Sincerely

FP

:(
haha I agree with your sentiments regarding the game and the crowd though. We even had a Mariners fan come into our pre-match club, and although he copped a few of the expected chants, I don't think that anyone had a second look at the guy. I thought that both sets of fans were well behaved after the game as well, which is a rarity in the derby. I promise we'll be well behaved after we beat you at Bluetongue :eek:verhead:

Revilo

:(
haha I agree with your sentiments regarding the game and the crowd though. We even had a Mariners fan come into our pre-match club, and although he copped a few of the expected chants, I don't think that anyone had a second look at the guy. I thought that both sets of fans were well behaved after the game as well, which is a rarity in the derby. I promise we'll be well behaved after we beat you at Bluetongue :eek:verhead:

Beat us at Bluetongue? Is it 2016 already?

grendel

Hutcho, Hutcho man! Never in the field of human endeavour has one team so outclassed another for such little reward. I thought we would thrash them 1-0, my nerves were on edge, then up stepped a Mariner legend to ease my troubled mind. John Hutchinson reminded the Kwasniks, the Bairds and the Simons that goalscoring can be a very simple but effective art.
Apart from a brief spell when Ruben “two footed jump tackle” Zadkovich single handedly took us on in midfield and forced a fine save from Matt Ryan we were in complete control. Only Adam Kwasnik will know how he missed that open chance; if he had taken it we would have won by 4 or 5 goals. I was so angry i wanted to throttle him, shoot him, hang him from the highest yard-arm and boil him in oil. He’d been playing well to that point but showed us his weakness – from ruthless (Brisbane) to useless.
I thought Ryan was faultless, the back four as tight as Centrelink, the midfield diamond sparkled and up front Matt Simon could have become the competition’s leading scorer if team-mates had the composure to look. I would say Bozanic was our best from a list of candidates – Ryan, Wilko for that great cover tackle after Bojic’s error, Zwaanswijk so dominant that I hardly noticed him, McGlinchey busy and skilful as ever, Griffiths providing the possession and the drive and Perez – unstoppable until he ran out of gas around sixty minutes.
The bench made for conspiracy theories – Hutch – was Amini spelled by a wise Arnold? Sainsbury instead of Doig – is Doig moving on? And Baird, still not match fit, instead of McBreen –is McBreen going too? Or was Arnie just rotating the squad?
Whatever, ultimately we thoroughly deserved the three points, we are in second place and Hutch is a Mariner legend.
:eek:verhead:
Good post....I'm told that Doig's contract is ending soon.

typool

Baird has shown pretty Poor form since his arrival.. i'm not sure what GA was thinking when he signed him ( i suppose an extra player in the squad is good going into the finals) and with Mrjda out too....
McBreen will need to come in at some stage though.

grendel

As a Jets fan who is part of the Squadron, I am very curious as to whether the Mariners travelling supporters experienced the same ridiculous treatment by security that we did tonight (and at our last home game)? People were being thrown out of the Squadron for singing chants with minor swear words and for other petty incidents.
As for the game, I think that the Mariners, despite my blind hate of them, have reinvented themselves this year and would not be at all surprised if they came away with the title. Despite playing a weakened Jets side, they still looked composed for the entire game and took their chances well when they came along. As much as this pains me to say it, they are currently a far better coached and skilled side than the Jets are at the moment.

I thought Security did a fine job. Those beach balls can be fatal if they hit you on the head - not to mention what happened at Liverpool!!!! Also, the security man in the Away Supporters' bay had a fine moustache.

Jerem

the only difference between zadkoich of old (FC) and new (post europe) is that if he ever, god
forbid, be given the absolutely un earned priviledge to pull on a green and gold he may just hit the keeper
instead of some poor unsuspecting fan in row 20, still no threat. yes i dont know why baird was signed
when isei etc are waiting to be duly promoted (even to the bench for the rest of the season)

Jets4Life

the only difference between zadkoich of old (FC) and new (post europe) is that if he ever, god
forbid, be given the absolutely un earned priviledge to pull on a green and gold he may just hit the keeper
instead of some poor unsuspecting fan in row 20, still no threat.
I think that Zadkovich is easily the most talented Newcastle player on the ball, and has shown that he can trouble other team's defence regularly. At the moment though, Branko is playing him way to deep. At 24, there's still plenty of time for him to improve, and although he's only scored 2 goals this year, he creates plenty of chances each week. Purely as a football observer, and ignoring my natural bias towards Jets players, I think that you're severely under rating Zadvovich as a footballer.

MrCelery

:-*

Love? :naughty:
:vomit:

(Try to behave though won't you )

Best
FP

Dear Bogan,

Sincerely

FP

Much! Well done!

Forum Phoenix

I think that Zadkovich is easily the most talented Newcastle player on the ball, and has shown that he can trouble other team's defence regularly. At the moment though, Branko is playing him way to deep. At 24, there's still plenty of time for him to improve, and although he's only scored 2 goals this year, he creates plenty of chances each week. Purely as a football observer, and ignoring my natural bias towards Jets players, I think that you're severely under rating Zadvovich as a footballer.

Before he left for Europe and played for Sydney, I used to (honestly) sigh in relief when i saw it was him running at our goal. He was an athlete not a footballer. Fast but awful. Would usually kick teh ball too far in front of himself and lose it, or blast it into outerspace.

However it is obvious he has greatly improved since training with Derby, and now playing with you guys he has been doing well, and I thought was your most dangerous player apart from virgili (sp?)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred