• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Scum v CCM

shipwreck

In all honesty I think we are playing shit! Not really threatening and it's a very boing game to watch, anyone would think we were losing

ballantyne

A valuable win - a pedestrian Newcastle were there for the taking and we finished them off. I don't normally like shoulds but Simon should've had two or three more if it weren't for Baird's lack of composure.

timmers

Almost worth keeping Hutch on the books just so he can play the Derby.

Post match:
Mel: Always an important one, the F3 derby
Hutch: Its good for the A-league, they dislike us and we dislike them...a little

Love the boy!!!

Simon showed his maturity today, kept working hard despite Kwas and Baird not sharing the love. He stayed positive and kept geeing the boys up, great to see.

MrCelery

Not our best game, yet we pick up 3 points away in the F3. Magic!

Message for Adelaide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91NP9Qs8zZY

Ancient Mariner

Loved Bozza's comment as to why Beath did not give Simon a penalty.
"He was worried his car would get destroyed in the car park by the locals"
Repeated something similar after the game. :piralaugh:
Legend. :thumbup:

midfielder

To much wine I think .... sorry posted the screw up twice ... no names now I accept my state and lack of knowledge...

Redshirt

Professional performance.. we weren't spectacular but then Newcastle were poo (doesnt help when they're playing players 12-23 in their squad)

Baird... He was Baird

Forum Phoenix

Some people are tripping surely?? :blink:

I thought we were _mostly_ terrific.
Little wasteful at times, and could have had a few more... but our possession and control of the midfield coupled with our stead fast defence is just such a real pleasure to watch.

Yes, Newcastle were poor, but personally I don't think thats at all why we won, and i think we do ourselves a disservice in viewing it this way. I think it's like Roar last week, when you play well by controlling large chunks of possession, and then hold shape and communicate well when in defence... - it's actually you making the other team look bad/bringing out the bad play in your opposition.

And people should not underestimate the jets pressing ability and physical strength - they shut down teams like Roar at their peak and MV when they had Archie and Kruse playing - we didn't always win out - but we absorbed their pressure and played out of so many positions that 3 months ago we could not of, let alone twelve months ago.

Our communication and interplay/understanding is becoming very clear and very impressive. Our tempo may not have been at its highest - but that for several reasons is to be expected. And for a tough schedule playing some tough teams we are doing EXCEPTIONALLY well.

Very impressed with our growth and performances, yet we still have room to improve which as a fan is exciting.

Also had a ball in the away bay having a chant. Great job Yellow Army.
Some hilarious chants/comebacks. We're being censored. There not being censored. Judas, Highway whore and others among the highlights.
LMAO

And for the record some of you - "ANY" Derby win against the Scum = a fantastic performance.
:naughty:

mariners4ever

its as simple as this, the mariners showed that they want to win and get themselves into the top 2, the jets played as if they didnt want to be in the top 6

Jets4Life

As a Jets fan who is part of the Squadron, I am very curious as to whether the Mariners travelling supporters experienced the same ridiculous treatment by security that we did tonight (and at our last home game)? People were being thrown out of the Squadron for singing chants with minor swear words and for other petty incidents.
As for the game, I think that the Mariners, despite my blind hate of them, have reinvented themselves this year and would not be at all surprised if they came away with the title. Despite playing a weakened Jets side, they still looked composed for the entire game and took their chances well when they came along. As much as this pains me to say it, they are currently a far better coached and skilled side than the Jets are at the moment.

Wee-mac

Top effort by EVERYONE invovled, players, staff and especially my fellow fans, massive ffort by everyone. Beating the jets is always good, especially up there and in that style.

That last 10 minutes and 10 minutes after is what makes a derby a derby, passion and belief and REALLY loud supporters. Lets bring that enthusiasm home for next weekend against the smurfs.

P.S FFA please put derbies on saturday nights so we can celebrate with a big night without the worry of work the next day.

mariners4ever

As a Jets fan who is part of the Squadron, I am very curious as to whether the Mariners travelling supporters experienced the same ridiculous treatment by security that we did tonight (and at our last home game)? People were being thrown out of the Squadron for singing chants with minor swear words and for other petty incidents.
As for the game, I think that the Mariners, despite my blind hate of them, have reinvented themselves this year and would not be at all surprised if they came away with the title. Despite playing a weakened Jets side, they still looked composed for the entire game and took their chances well when they came along. As much as this pains me to say it, they are currently a far better coached and skilled side than the Jets are at the moment.

yes we did get similar kind of treatment but unlike you're lot we stopped swearing in our chants until about the 85th mninute when the security didnt care anymore. Also Finally good to a jets fan come on here and say something positive (beside furns ?), you can't exactly help having about 11 senior players being out and having to play a top 3 side

Jets4Life

yes we did get similar kind of treatment but unlike you're lot we stopped swearing in our chants until about the 85th mninute when the security didnt care anymore. Also Finally good to a jets fan come on here and say something positive (beside furns ?), you can't exactly help having about 11 senior players being out and having to play a top 3 side
Personally, I think that the swearing continued in the Squadron because most of us were fed up with the way we have been treated by security in the past two home games. It's ironic that by security trying to crack down on swearing, people are naturally more inclined to start swearing anyway. And credit where credit is due. I would have loved nothing more than the Jets to smash the Mariners tonight but the reality is that the Mariners have a superior squad at the moment. Maybe with a full stength squad the result could have been different tonight, but injuries are just as much a part of the game as anything else. Hopefully we can turn it around at Bluetongue in a few weeks!

Forum Phoenix

Hi Jets4life, thanks for having us up there today and congrats on an awesome turn out if not the performance you would have been after.

I found many Jets supporter to be the most reasonable I have ever experienced today and it was easily the most congenial and best away trip to EAS I have so far had - which I think is better for all parties in all ways.

Re security... I'm not a regular member of the active support at Bluey but I was in the away bay chanting today... and yep, the Hatamoto was it, tried to enforce the new no swearing policy - beginning with a strong talking too and threats of expulsion etc... Which only amounted to being chanted at - "that we were being censored" LMAO
And changing f**king to fudging and other such... Hilarious stuff. Apart from that they stood around glaring at everyone and just trying to intimidate and inject their presence in a way which in all honesty so clearly just wasn't required.

Hard luck on losing Ljubo. Good news though as Topor has really grown being along side of him and is real class for you guys now. And at least a lot is going right off the park for you.

See you guys for the last day Derby!
(Try to behave though won't you ;) )

Best
FP

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members