• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Scum away 8 Dec

adz

Staff member
I wasn't confident about how we'd deal with losing Ryan (if it happens soon) but Pasfield showed he is up to the job last night. Might be able to chuck him in first slip for the Ashes too if that's how he catches :D

Reactions: T

kevrenor

I wasn't confident about how we'd deal with losing Ryan (if it happens soon) but Pasfield showed he is up to the job last night. Might be able to chuck him in first slip for the Ashes too if that's how he catches :D
The two youth league keepers are no slouches either.

Fishsdad

Maybe I'm harsh or watching a different game but Ibini is the biggest waste of space I've seen in years. He is the laziest front man I've ever seen.

I have this debate with Fishsmum every other week. She gets very frustrated with Bernie, and I have to admit he still does not have the ball control when dribbling at pace. But he is improvimg so quickly! He is now winning the ball, holding it up, showing some clever touches, and defences appear genuinely scared of him.

As just about everyone else has commented, good on Arnie for showing faith.

bikinigirl

. recently i think bernie has seemed a little confused, not sure of his role in the 'midfield'. i reckon that he is not a midfielder, but arnie insists he is a natural 'winger'. the distinction and how that fits with our system i will leave for better footballing brains to discuss

. but his defending and positioining in defence seem to have improved and he appears to be understanding his role better

. last week i would have said his problem was confidence and it was as if he was given instructions to 'run at players' to improve his confidence. he seemed to do this at every opportunity but there was often a better option (especially when we were in the middle third) ... sometimes an early ball is needed and we weren't getting that last week

. this game he did well holding the ball and holding players off the ball ... perhaps a sign of improvement, or an indication of the opposition. it'll be interesting to see what happens when mile & tommy are thrown back into the mix and whether he is also competing with duke for a spot (bench or otherwise)

LFCMariners

Took a peek over at the Jest forum to see the melt-down, and one of their posters goes "After all, they (Queen) didn't sing 'We are the Premiers'!"

True that, but:

1) Anything can happen in one game. Just ask Greece.

2) Rose Tattoo DID sing this:

midfielder

Jesus... you posted a couple of weeks ago the all time A-League table ... with the Roar going down and us winning are we on top now..

12th player

Great support from the away bay. I was there with my son and really enjoyed it. Got there early to watch the youth for the first time this season as my son loves Caceres and I also wanted to see what the future holds for the mariners.Unfortunately they copped 4 goals in the first half due to bad defensive work.Good second half but a bit too late.New team with some interesting players and my son wasn't dissapointed as Caceres was the best player on the field. The big boys were great.Played as a team and all individuals performed well including Bernie. I believe some of the comments about Birnie are unfair. Last week against Adelaide some bogan idiots in bay 42 where most of the player's family members seat were abusing Birnie when he came off in the 2nd half. I was there and I could see Birnies family shaking their heads in frustration.Birnie is a very good player and he has saved our bacon plenty of times.The sad thing is that those idiots shouting abuse at Birnie are family members of this other player that was on the bench.

finally retired

Class photo!

Are you retired YET?

perhaps......I get back from 3 months LSL at the start of January, so will find out then if I still have a job or am 'surplus to requirements'. Such is life......too many places to visit to get too hung up, and might be able to tailor my next travel to the ACL :)

Ted

Does anyone know if Oly is O.K?
That was a huge egg on his head.

Was chatting with Ollie yesterday and he said he was fine. The egg had gone done a fair bit, but Arnie still may sit him out next week due to the nature of the injury. Hope he is cleared to play though.

FFC Mariner

So we have had 2 posts on FB complaining about so called "dreadful" behaviour by the travelling support on Saturday. Did I miss something?

Number of people thrown out = 0
Number of fights = 0
Number of flares/objects chucked = 0

The scummer posting nonsense on the clubs official FB page I can understand. Bitter and upset. However, it has been picked up by the bloke who runs a FB page and uses the clubs licensed name (another issues but lets move on) has repeated the same shit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred