• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rumours on transfers

ZedSpecials

Rejected by my own, I joined with passion .. your a real winner mate . I live on the 'peninsula' ever heard of it?

Wombat

Rejected by my own, I joined with passion .. your a real winner mate . I live on the 'peninsula' ever heard of it?

Sorry mate. You sounded like a Scummer trying to be subtle. Welcome to the Forum Zed.

Who you play for ......SEU, Umina or Woy Woy? All good clubs.

pjennings

Don't worry Zed - all are welcome here - in fact encouraged here (except for scummers of course). Welcome to the forum - look forward to reading your comments.

Big Al

the Novacastrians call us gypsies all the time. not so? They might think this is highly amusement
Think the us was missed.

When i first read ZedSpecials i read it as Zad as in Zadkovic or what ever that scummer was as well so also was unsure. Pays to re-read and the Novacastrian instead of scummer was concerning

Anyway you passed initiation

Now that you have passed the not a scummer test i am looking forward to further contributions

Tevor

Kosta released from the Nux, heard he is a special to return to the Victory. Probably why Austin has been linked with Roar and now SFC, SFC now looking at Austin or Duke to replace Ibini.

Tevor

Also heard Troisi has knocked back two offers from Victory so far and is demanding a seven figure contract. Thought he had a good season but not that great and given he didn't really make much of his overseas chance can't blame Victory for being reluctant. He somewhat owes Victory for putting him back into Roos selection. Will be interesting to watch how this plays out for Victory as Rojas may also want more $$$.

Big Al

Also heard Troisi has knocked back two offers from Victory so far and is demanding a seven figure contract. Thought he had a good season but not that great and given he didn't really make much of his overseas chance can't blame Victory for being reluctant. He somewhat owes Victory for putting him back into Roos selection. Will be interesting to watch how this plays out for Victory as Rojas may also want more $$$.
Rumours off Troisi to premier league on Foxsports not sure how legit

Austin would just be plain unwanted at Victory, he was a preseason wonder who they realised was a fraud quick smart

Wombat

Maty Ryan has signed for Brighton in EPL. Reportedly for around $8 mill. So lovely bonus for CCM....time for a Robbie Keane as striker!

Reactions: adz

Big Al

Maty Ryan has signed for Brighton in EPL. Reportedly for around $8 mill. So lovely bonus for CCM....time for a Robbie Keane as striker!
Doubt we get anything, we cashed in on him when sold to Valencia.

Can't sell something twice

Unless we get some fee as his 1st club?

bikinigirl

Doubt we get anything, we cashed in on him when sold to Valencia.

Can't sell something twice

Unless we get some fee as his 1st club?

. i was going to ask if anybody knows how this stuff works ... and i acknowledge that every contract is probably different

. i am hoping that if the existing contract is 'bought-out' via a transfer then certain conditions may be retained ... and the decks may only become cleared when the player sees out the length of a contract and becomes a free agent

. if we are still entitled to something (and we should be most grateful to Maty for the way and timing of his contract signings) we are getting further and further down the list ... Valencia, Brugge, Us - all getting money out of the deal? it's very interesting if anybody does know

Woollybutt

First post here after reading for a while, but might as well jump straight in. FIFA has a scheme called a Solidarity Contribution which requires clubs to set aside 5% of a transfer fee received to the clubs involved in developing the player. So if Valencia received $8 million for Maty, then they should set aside something like $400,000. That $400,000 would be divided up amongst Marconi, Blacktown, us, and Brugge, with the amount each club receives being based on the amount of time he spent at each club between 12 and 23. Not sure if Maty played for anyone else before Marconi after he was 12, but if so then they would be entitled to a cut as well. I think Maty had five seasons with us including youth. The seasons when he was 12, 13, 14, and 15 are worth 5% of the $400,000 each, then the seasons from 16 to 23 are worth 10% each. I think Maty was with us from 17 to 21, so in round numbers that sould be worth 50% of the solidarity contribution, or $200,000. The A-League being summer and state league being winter messes things up a bit in terms of timelines, so we'd actually get a bit less than that. It will also depend on the actual value of the transfer, as that reported $8 million could include bonus payments for things like Brighton staying up, Maty making a certain number of appearances, or keeping a certain number of clean sheets. The up front fee might be worth a lot less than that, and I think the Solidarity Contribution is based on the up front fee. We should have got a similar Solidarity Contribution when Trent went to China, and if Tommy eventually makes a big transfer then we'll get a very small portion of that. Even if Galloway goes to the Netherlands on a free transfer, if he does well and gets a bigger transfer then we'd be entitled to a small payment for the one season he was with us.

I doubt we'll get any massive windfall like we did with the move from Brugge to Valencia, because that was based on a clause in the transfer agreement between us and Brugge. There's another scheme called Training Compensation, but that only applies to transfers up to the age of 23. We'd have got a small payment from that when Maty went to Brugge, but because Maty signed for Valencia after his 23rd birthday we wouldn't get any training compensation from that move. Of course, we'd have also had to pay training compensation to Blacktown and Marconi when we signed him to a professional contract.

So we should get something out of the Brighton move, but it won't be too impressive. We also have to hope that Valencia are happy to pay it, because FIFA are pretty terrible at enforcing the solidarity and training compensation payments, so if they stuff us round we may not get anything at all. If Maty single-handedly keeps Brighton up this season and signs for a top four club for $100 million, then we'd get a nice little chunk of that though.

style_cafe

First post here after reading for a while, but might as well jump straight in. FIFA has a scheme called a Solidarity Contribution which requires clubs to set aside 5% of a transfer fee received to the clubs involved in developing the player. So if Valencia received $8 million for Maty, then they should set aside something like $400,000. That $400,000 would be divided up amongst Marconi, Blacktown, us, and Brugge, with the amount each club receives being based on the amount of time he spent at each club between 12 and 23. Not sure if Maty played for anyone else before Marconi after he was 12, but if so then they would be entitled to a cut as well. I think Maty had five seasons with us including youth. The seasons when he was 12, 13, 14, and 15 are worth 5% of the $400,000 each, then the seasons from 16 to 23 are worth 10% each. I think Maty was with us from 17 to 21, so in round numbers that sould be worth 50% of the solidarity contribution, or $200,000. The A-League being summer and state league being winter messes things up a bit in terms of timelines, so we'd actually get a bit less than that. It will also depend on the actual value of the transfer, as that reported $8 million could include bonus payments for things like Brighton staying up, Maty making a certain number of appearances, or keeping a certain number of clean sheets. The up front fee might be worth a lot less than that, and I think the Solidarity Contribution is based on the up front fee. We should have got a similar Solidarity Contribution when Trent went to China, and if Tommy eventually makes a big transfer then we'll get a very small portion of that. Even if Galloway goes to the Netherlands on a free transfer, if he does well and gets a bigger transfer then we'd be entitled to a small payment for the one season he was with us.

I doubt we'll get any massive windfall like we did with the move from Brugge to Valencia, because that was based on a clause in the transfer agreement between us and Brugge. There's another scheme called Training Compensation, but that only applies to transfers up to the age of 23. We'd have got a small payment from that when Maty went to Brugge, but because Maty signed for Valencia after his 23rd birthday we wouldn't get any training compensation from that move. Of course, we'd have also had to pay training compensation to Blacktown and Marconi when we signed him to a professional contract.

So we should get something out of the Brighton move, but it won't be too impressive. We also have to hope that Valencia are happy to pay it, because FIFA are pretty terrible at enforcing the solidarity and training compensation payments, so if they stuff us round we may not get anything at all. If Maty single-handedly keeps Brighton up this season and signs for a top four club for $100 million, then we'd get a nice little chunk of that though.
Welcome Woolybutt, that`s a pretty impressive first post.
I look forward to reading more of your contributions. :popcorn:

Atomic

Impressive work WB! Do you know the facts behind Rogic's current situation? If he was to sign for an EPL team, say for $10 million (keeping things nice and simple), what, if anything, would CCM get?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred