Rumours on transfers

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by Leigh, May 17, 2017.

1. Leigh

Leigh Member

Does anyone have any news on potential transfers for next season?

The only two I have heard so far is Sergio Cirio from Adelaide United. It's just been confirmed he's departed AUFC, so he's definitely going somewhere. Not sure I know whether he's a good signing or not.

Also Ben Kennedy has been rumoured as a new goal keeper signing. Apparently it's a done deal but not yet announced.

2. JoyfulPenguin

JoyfulPenguin Well-Known Member

Paolo's apparently "interested" in Andrew Hoole

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. shipwreck

shipwreck Well-Known Member

I am so anti Kennedy I might as well set up on a grassy Noll or book depository.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Holy

Holy Active Member

Well make room for me too, because I don't think much of him either.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ozhammer

Ozhammer Member

He is supposed to be a decent sort of bloke character-wise but hasn't been good enough to hold down the No.1 keeper's spot at a team which hasn't made finals in 6 years. How is that going to improve our squad?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Holy

Holy Active Member

Exactly, Kennedy has barely played in 2 seasons, Birighitti kept him out for all but 2 games the year before and only one of those was as the starting keeper.
    And not even back to full fitness (as reported) from an achilles injury.
    Would be a huge risk and very poor signing IMHO

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gratis

Gratis Well-Known Member

I'm now hearing Thomas Broich and Corey Gamerio to Mariners is being looked at

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Active Member

On 1 May 2017, Melbourne City announced Gameiro would not be offered a new contract and effectively released him from the club.[11] Gameiro was injured for the bulk of his time at Melbourne City and played only a handful of games for the club.

9. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Don't believe that fox article it was pure crap. It was were the writer wanted players to go.

As good as broich was at his age he is not a good signing for anyone. Remember he is also a foreigner

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Leigh

Leigh Member

We have tabled a bid for an unnamed Dutch defender whom we hope to announce in a week or so.

We're also looking at Alan Baró who was not resigned from Melbourne Victory. Apparently were in discussion with his management.

Also Paul Okon has just returned from an over seas scouting trip

11. priorpeter

priorpeter Well-Known Member

Defensive midfielder ;)

12. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Mooy is being pursued by Brighton so could be in the EPL next year even without Huddlesfield.

• Like Like x 1
  13. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

Play off is on fox monday midnight .
    I hope he slays 'em

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Leigh

Leigh Member

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. scottmac

scottmac Well-Known Member

Moved from squad thread

Ive heard a rumor on the marquee. I don't
    trust the source 100% though, he may be pulling my leg so i won't name the player other than to say it's massive. I called bullshit straight away but it is possible in regards to contracts etc.Straight from a big team in a top league and not at retirement age. Not particularly the position i was thinking off but would play 10. Would tear this league apart. Fits in with PO's travels though.

16. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

What about nationality or league.

I was saying put his name in here but understand your dubious of the source and the player wanting to come here unless Paulo has incriminating photos of him

17. Gratis

Gratis Well-Known Member

you might as well say the name - we'll take it with the same grain of salt you did

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Pirate Pete

[​IMG]
    Come on, name him.

"would tear this league apart". More likely get a season ending injury in the first game knowing our luck.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. scottmac

scottmac Well-Known Member

Ok. Are you guys ready.

Jesus Navas

I know. I know. I called bullshit. But hey

It's a great rumor

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  20. Pirate Pete